Gaming rig below 60k

gateclaw

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Mostly for gaming. Also for watching hd movies.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 60k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Might do in the future

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1 TB. Willing to spend a few extra bucks for a better performing drive.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Full HD 1080p, screen size : 21" to 23".

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within 2 weeks

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes. Around 2 years

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore. Would like to get everything from here

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I've read many threads from this forum and has come up with some choices. Got some queries related to them posted below. Also I have mentioned the amount I'm willing to spend on most components individually. This is just to give an idea about the quality/performance I expect from them. Please do suggest alternatives.

Proc : i5 2500k - Almost fixed on this one

Mobo: Intel DP67BG - Would this be enough or should I get a gigabyte/asus p67 mobo. Would I be losing out on some features if I go for the intel board.

RAM: No specific choice. Thinking of a high performing 4gb. Willing to spend 3k here if its worth.

Graphic card: HD6850 or HD6870. Would like to stick to amd. I'm seeing a lot of models from different manufacturers for these cards. Which one should I go for. Dont want to spend more than 12k for the card

Monitor: I'm thinking of dell st2220l or benq e2220hd. Which one should I go for considering that I'd be doing a lot of gaming. Willing to spend around 10k for the monitor irrespective of my total budget.

HDD: 1tb. I've seen configs here suggesting WD Caviar Blue, Green, Black and Seagate. How much does the performance differ in these models ? Dont mind spending upto 4k for the HDD if its worth it. 500gb is ok if i can geta really good drive at this price.

Case: Prefer a stylish case. Upto 6k I dont mind spending on it.

Keyboard: I want a backlit keyboard since I may have to using it a lot in the dark.:lol:

PSU: No choices or idea !! Around 600W should be enough ??

One more point I want to mention. I've heard from some friends that noise could be an issue with many CPUs. I'd like to hear minimum noise from my machine. What components could cause this noise ? I mean should I be careful about choosing some component (like PSU or case) if I want to reduce the noise. I want to reiterate that reducing this noise is really important for me and I dont mind spending about 3k more for any component for this purpose.

crysis

Broken In
Check this out:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/139823-gaming-rig-under-65k.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here goes your config

Core i5 2500K @ 11.9K
Asus P8P67 Socket 1155 @ 11K
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4 GB stcik @ 2.4K
Seagate 1 TB 7200.12 @ 2.6K
Corsair GS 600W @ 3.8K
Sapphire HD 6870 1 GB @ 11.8K
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced with Transparent Sidepanel @ 5.5K
BenQ G2220HD 21.5 Full HD @ 7.3K
UPS Zebronics 1 KVA @ 2.7K

Total around 59K

game-freak

In the zone
my suggestion :)
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|11000
Motherboard |MSI P67A-GD65|10800
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL|2500
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6950 1GB/MSI gtx 560ti TWIN FROZR|14500
HDD |Seagate ITB 7200.12|2700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 520|4100
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7300
Mouse and Keyboard |Razer Cyclosa Gaming Bundle|2000
UPS |Numeric 800VA|2500
| Total |60800

plz mention if u do or dont need a UPS

d3p

PowerHouse
Get all the below from Golcha IT Bangalore, S. P Road or Computer Warehouse, M.G Road..

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|11000
Motherboard |Intel DP67BG|8500
RAM |Corsair XMS3 2X2GB 1600C9|2400
Graphic Card |Sapphire or MSI Twin Frozer II OC HD6950 1GB|14500
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|800
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 520|4100
Case |CM 690 II Advanced|5000
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000
Mouse and Keyboard |Razer Cyclosa Gaming Bundle|2000
UPS |Numeric 800VA|2500
| Total |59500

Adding a SSD will give you a 1.5x faster performance than a HDD, so you can consider buying it.

Corsair Force SSD 40GB - INR 5500.00
Corsair Force SSD 60GB - INR 7000.00

Get a after market cooler like Noctua NH D14 or Thermalright Venomous X or Prolimatech Megahalems paired with 120mm fans for overclocking headrooms, when you are planning to overclock.

OP
G

gateclaw

Thanks guys for the replies...
I'm still confused about a few components.

graphics card - i think i've narrowed it down to msi twin frozr versions of HD6950/GTX560Ti. I suppose the 560 is slightly cheaper than 6950 and much cooler which I consider important. Should i really be going for the 6950 considering that my budget will go above the 60k roof. Is the perfomance difference huge between the cards??

case - How different is the cm690II from cm430 ?? I want to know what extra features/functionality it offers since its almost double the price of cm430. Also want to know if the cm430 fans have any noise issues ?? :)

psu - after a bit of research, i've decided to go for a quieter psu with some extra cash and the reviews for seasonic x series looks good. does any1 know if the seasonic x560 available in india ?? (i hope 560W is enough for me). Also please suggest any alternate models which are quiet.

one more query.
Get a after market cooler like Noctua NH D14 or Thermalright Venomous X or Prolimatech Megahalems paired with 120mm fans for overclocking headrooms, when you are planning to overclock.
How much would these cost ??

d3p

PowerHouse
Thanks guys for the replies...
I'm still confused about a few components.

graphics card - i think i've narrowed it down to msi twin frozr versions of HD6950/GTX560Ti. I suppose the 560 is slightly cheaper than 6950 and much cooler which I consider important. Should i really be going for the 6950 considering that my budget will go above the 60k roof. Is the perfomance difference huge between the cards??

Better buy the 6950, its worth a single & CF can give GTX580 a run for its price.

case - How different is the cm690II from cm430 ?? I want to know what extra features/functionality it offers since its almost double the price of cm430. Also want to know if the cm430 fans have any noise issues ?? :)

CM 690 II & 430 are different cabinets from the same OEM, but their build dimensions are different giving user a advantage for additional upgrades.

psu - after a bit of research, i've decided to go for a quieter psu with some extra cash and the reviews for seasonic x series looks good. does any1 know if the seasonic x560 available in india ?? (i hope 560W is enough for me). Also please suggest any alternate models which are quiet.

If you are opting for future upgrades like a CF or SLI, having another 4 HDD's, Case Fans, Liquid Coolings etc etc & all then better buy a 700w - 850 PSU.

Otherwise a Corsair VX550 can handle the above config pretty efficiently.

How much would these cost ??

As you have mentioned clearly that you want to overclock, but later when you required more performance. So at that point of time consider these after market coolers.

Noctua NH D14 - 4.5 @ the itwares. [No need of additional fan]

Venomous x- 4k [Pair it with CM Sickel Flow 120mm]

Prolimatech megahalems - 3.8k @ Lynx-india pre order [Pair it with CM Sickel Flow 120mm]

OP
G

gateclaw

i tried enquiring with a few shops in Bangalore. are u guys sure the intel dp67bg costs only 8.5k?? shops all over are quoting 10k for this board. any pointers to online retailers also would be appreciated.

OP
G

gateclaw

Purchased everything 2 days back and built my rig....here goes the config :

Core i5 2500K @ 10.5K
Intel DP67BG @ 9.5K
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4 GB @ 2.5K
Seagate 1 TB 7200.12 @ 2.6K
Corsair GS 700W @ 5.2K
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC @ 13.5K
Cooler Master Elite 430 @ 2.5K
Dell ST2220M @ 8K
MicroTek 800V @ 3K
Razer Cyclosa Bundle @ 2.2K
DVD Writer @ 1K

Total@60.5k+VAT

Couldn't be happier...:cool:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Congrast buddy..really great purchase and grate prices too.

Hoping to see some pics of the wonder.

Sarath

iDota
thanks gateclaw for the information. I hope i find this SP road somehow I stay in whitefield so its a long trip.

Did you order for your components or inquire about them(over phone or net) or were they readily available?

Top Bottom