Gaming Console

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well I don't wish to play PS2 games too..!! Generally I'd play latest games :p

BTW does PS3 Fat used to shipped with DualShock3 Controllers? I mean is the controller same for PS3 Fat and Slim?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Games still are released for PS2? (Sorry if this was a noob question). I guess it was discontinued after PS3?

Or you are talking about PS2 Exclusives?

No I meant that the fat PS3 had many hardware revisions. The earliest revisions are backwards compatible with PS2 games. The later ones are not.

Anything you find in retail now cannot play PS2 games unless it is a very old 60GB/ 80GB console. Fat PS3s that cannot play PS2 games will have that written in their boxes.

Well I don't wish to play PS2 games too..!! Generally I'd play latest games :p

BTW does PS3 Fat used to shipped with DualShock3 Controllers? I mean is the controller same for PS3 Fat and Slim?

The earliest ones came with SixAxis, the later ones with Dualshock 3. My 160GB fat came with a dualshock 3.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
you can still find games for PS2 (obviously old stock) in the market. But there is no development on PS2. Having said so, FAT had the ps2 support to provide the backward compatibility "then". And for obvious reasons (you know it now) slim and ultra slim never bothered to be compatible with PS2 games.

Though this is not possible on PS4 (h/w architecture differences), they are still supporting PS3 games via cloud (though more news on it is still to uncover and a delay in the support is obvious and might not come up right away along with PS4 release). Also, Sony has promised to support PS3 for the next 3 years. which means the already WIP games that is being built for older architecture of PS3 will show up on PS3 and might even get a remade game on PS4 along side (once the console is released)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks. So PS3 will get all the games released till next 3 years right? Though sony can change this decision any time :p

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Thanks. So PS3 will get all the games released till next 3 years right? Though sony can change this decision any time :p
oh no no no.. I dint mean that.. PS3 might get games for another year at max as I already said that PS3 will see the games that are being built for it currently.

By support, Sony means the firmware upgrades (whenever required), warranty and repair. Games arent under Sony's control so they cant guarantee any releases on their consoles untill the developers confirms it (if any)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
GTA V will require mandatory 8GB installation on PS3/X360

Yeah read that in news. Xbox one will come with with 2 DVD's and PS3 one will get a BluRay. Both needs 8GB installation on HDD or USB Flash Drive for smooth experience.

oh no no no.. I dint mean that.. PS3 might get games for another year at max as I already said that PS3 will see the games that are being built for it currently.

By support, Sony means the firmware upgrades (whenever required), warranty and repair. Games arent under Sony's control so they cant guarantee any releases on their consoles untill the developers confirms it (if any)

Ohh sorry, got it wrong. Thanks for the clarification. Do you think games till next year or so will be released for PS3? I don't think PS3 games will disappear soon as PS4 will take time to launch in India and then the price issue will be there I guess.

No worries!

I used to have a fat one. it broke and I got a slim replacement like I posted before.

Ohh sorry forgot :)

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Do you think games till next year or so will be released for PS3? I don't think PS3 games will disappear soon as PS4 will take time to launch in India and then the price issue will be there I guess.
I wish so too.. But games and developers are not bound to India and so they may not plan to release their currently planned (yet to be built) games on PS3 untill and unless they announce it for PS3 as well.

I suggested a year more of PS3 games taking into account of the time required to develop a game + the time the games are announced (before getting a fixed spec details of next-gen) + the availability (they must have got thier kits now) of the developer kits to the game developers.

Also, it would be interesting to see the later year line-up (late 2014) of games because by then they will have enough resources (including knowledge and research) to utilize the potentials of both the next-gen's.
Example:: The touchpad of DS4, heart-beart detection of Kinect etc..

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
PS3 will definitely get games for more than a year. Especially from 1st and second party devs.

Learning to program on the Cell has really paid-off.

I think game releases will decline, but certainly not stop in the next 3 years.

OP
A

Amey408

Broken In
Here I wanted to ask u guys on how many PS3 (in number) onePSN account work or we need to create new account for every Playstation3.

Also can I able to play games imported from US or aroundthe world in Indian version of Playstation3. (just like Fallout 3 and so other because they are banned in India)

Gollum

Collector
Here I wanted to ask u guys on how many PS3 (in number) onePSN account work or we need to create new account for every Playstation3.

Also can I able to play games imported from US or aroundthe world in Indian version of Playstation3. (just like Fallout 3 and so other because they are banned in India)

PS3 games are not region locked and you can use the same PSN account on as many ps3's and the same account will work on psp, psv, and ps4. Mmy friend has many games thatt he bought used from US. and they all work on the indian PS3

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Do I need to go through restore system settings after buying a used ps3 to delete all psn settings (so that i can create new psn a/c) and format hdd?

Is there anything I need to know regarding psn thing?

Also i googled it out, and it says it'll take 3 1/1 hours. I dont understand the term it means three and half hours to complete?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Do I need to go through restore system settings after buying a used ps3 to delete all psn settings (so that i can create new psn a/c) and format hdd?

Is there anything I need to know regarding psn thing?

Also i googled it out, and it says it'll take 3 1/1 hours. I dont understand the term it means three and half hours to complete?

Relax.

All you need to do is make a new PSN account for yourself. You should of course format your console after getting it. Make sure that the seller has deactivated his console from PSN so that there are no problems getting stuff from PSN.

It doesn't necessarily take 3 1/2 hours (yes that means 3.5 hours). Mine got formatted in about 2 hours when I installed the new 500GB HDD I bought for it if I'm not mistaken.

I think you should get your hands on a console (used only if it's a steal) and then see if you don't understand anything.

The PS3 UI is very newcomer friendly. If you have any experience on the PSP it will definitely help you :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks for the reply Extreme Gamer :)

And regarding the console yeah, I got one, PS3 Slim 320GB for 12k (1 Month Warranty Left) along with it, I'll also take UC2 and GOW2 each for 500/- and one DS3 for 1200/-.

But my luck is bad, he was about to create thread yesterday night, and we'd have concluded the deal today. But IVG is down :(

I have to ask him if he's in E or somewhere else.

Gollum

Collector
good you finally got it
is ds3, dead space 3?
also mention your psn accoount name. i'll add you. you can add me
niku4186

Top Bottom