Gaming Console

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well that's sold :(

I'm in discussion with a guy selling PS3 160GB. Lets see. I'll let you know the price and please help me regarding the same if it's VFM.

Gollum

Collector
second hand PS3 can also be blacklisted by PSN as well. If you get one, then no online games for you.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Well that's sold :(

I'm in discussion with a guy selling PS3 160GB. Lets see. I'll let you know the price and please help me regarding the same if it's VFM.

While I'm personally of the opinion that these things should always be bought new if you can afford it, if the price is a steal, then used should not be discounted.

second hand PS3 can also be blacklisted by PSN as well. If you get one, then no online games for you.

Dude no. If the exisiting owner deactivates his PS3 via his PSN account, there should be no issues. Also, the buyer can create a new account.

I have ~4-5 accounts for different countries running in my PS3, surely I would have been banned by now? :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah I agree with you. I wish I could buy a new one. But I really don't want to invest 22k in gaming.

If 160GB Models would have been there till now I'd surely have bought one new.

BTW he quoted 11k for 160GB. But I can see peoples selling 320GB Models for 12k. So I asked him to review the price. Not in mood to shell out 8-10k for a 160GB Console.

Got one seller from Kolkata too, from a friends reference. He'll sell after a month. Lets see. In that case we can close the deal personally. And that will be best I guess.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
when i bought my ps3 a month and a half ago, i was considering second hand myself. But i decided not to buy it in seconds because i cant expect someone to take care of their electronics the way i do to mine and i dont want to be looking at something that is worn out.

Besides, its a gaming machine.. so there can be moments of frustration that the machine had to bear with the owner :p

Gollum

Collector
when i bought my ps3 a month and a half ago, i was considering second hand myself. But i decided not to buy it in seconds because i cant expect someone to take care of their electronics the way i do to mine and i dont want to be looking at something that is worn out.

Besides, its a gaming machine.. so there can be moments of frustration that the machine had to bear with the owner :p

I know what you mean. Normally I would expect controller abuse but not the console.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I know what you mean. Normally I would expect controller abuse but not the console.
Agree with you. But if one is a regular gamer, he might tend to lose intrest in cleaning up the machine (console here) regularly and chances of dusting will also come down with age (age of the machine).

Anyhow.. thats my feeling.. and so i avoid any second hand electronic purchase.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Dude you want to put CFW on your PS3? You get "Free ;-) " games that way.....

but you need a console with firmware version below 3.55

Gollum

Collector
^^Yeah after reading a few bits here and there I got this thing. But I really don't want to Mod my PS3.

modded ps3 is only good for offlline gaming. you need to be on the latest firmware to go online
moreover on hacjed firmware, if you get caught, your console and psn account gets banned.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
^^Yeah after reading a few bits here and there I got this thing. But I really don't want to Mod my PS3.

Its a hard fact that offline gaming is dimnishing gradually as all (99%) of the FPS has a great MP in store. Even the games like GTA and AC do have some MP within them which makes MP and online gaming an integral part.

So modding and thereby denying the consoles and most part of the games will simply kill the fun :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
That's right. That's one of the main reason I don't want to mod my PS3. Though I read that with Modded PS3 too one can go online. But the risk of getting banned and all are there.

Anyway, with the 2nd hand games pricing between 600 - 1000, I don't think PS3 buyers need to Mod.

BTW is PS3 Slim and PS3 (Fat) same? I mean both are same on specs and everything else except the look?

Also, both get the latest firmware upgrade right?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
PS3 slim has upgraded hardware in terms of complete design revision. the specs remain same, but uses less power, low heat. by all means get the slim one.

and yes both get FW upgrade if not modded

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks. The Kolkata guy I'm dealing with, had 40GB Fat Model which he later upgraded to 320GB. So is it ok to take it? Though he didn't disclosed the price yet. But by hardware wise is it fine to get the old model?

Does it affect gaming experience anyway? I wish it used to come with DualShock 3 Controllers I guess.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Depending on the model, the fat PS3 can play PS2 games :)

Otherwise exactly the same (because OtherOS support was removed from fatty).

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Games still are released for PS2? (Sorry if this was a noob question). I guess it was discontinued after PS3?

Or you are talking about PS2 Exclusives?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Thanks. The Kolkata guy I'm dealing with, had 40GB Fat Model which he later upgraded to 320GB. So is it ok to take it? Though he didn't disclosed the price yet. But by hardware wise is it fine to get the old model?

Does it affect gaming experience anyway? I wish it used to come with DualShock 3 Controllers I guess.

Games still are released for PS2? (Sorry if this was a noob question). I guess it was discontinued after PS3?

Or you are talking about PS2 Exclusives?

as of now, any PS3 that you pick WONT play ANY ps2 game. you have been warned. ;) :p

no.. get the slim PS3 even if you have to buy a new one.

i think the last ps2 game that was release was from some indian dev.. some street cricket crap. and maybe that chota bheem thing :p

Top Bottom