Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Has anyone started playing this game:

Risen

*risen.deepsilver.com/game/index.html#us

This game is getting high ratings in many game review sites.

plot (engadget):

Faranga is a fictitious volcanic island which is located 21°19' North and 157°50' West, thus having a tropical climate. However, on the Official Risen Blog Faranga is described as a mediterranean island, with different sub-climates and vegetation zones. The island is inhabited by humans, as well as many fantastic creatures.

Recently, ancient temple ruins have risen from the ground, providing access to a network of interconnected underground areas such as catacombes and dungeons. As a result, the humans have put in place an Inquisition, forbidding anyone from exiting their city or the island.
The game starts when the protagonist is shipwrecked onto Faranga, after a storm.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I am playing Risen but no matter what settings (Highest or Lowest)... I am getting pathetic FPS (never going above 20 and constantly stuttering.). That's why I have stopped playing.

lopezabraham95

Right off the assembly line
right now im playin diablo 2.. i know its an old one..!! but its the second time im playin it.. its only to kill the waitin time for diablo 3..!!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Y man wat happened to u ?? y Redfaction giving any probs ??

No, I dont have the game right now, but will get soon. So far every game has run smoothly on GTX 260 for me, even crysis. Reading your post about red faction makes it the first game that will have problem on my PC.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Nah.. the FPS might drop sometimes while lots of things are going at once but otherwise it will run fine... heck, it runs butter smooth MOST of the time with all high @1440x900 with a 8800GT :).

Anyways, solved the Risen problem... reverted back to 178.24 NVIDIA drivers and its working butter smooth all settings except Shadows (@med) HIGH and even Depth of Field on. 2xAF :).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm playing to buy a PS3 how well would it work on my 20' Onida CRT TV ?
If you're planning it as a long term investment, then I suggest getting a HD capable monitor. A CRT TV won't do any justice to it's power. Trust me, once you watch it on an HDTV/Monitor and then switch to your regular TV, you will feel a grave difference. The text is difficult to read for some games and you may have to squint to read it (depending on the distance). Also the textures wouldn't look that good.

Back to topic:
Completed The Darkness. What an amazing game. The finale was pure action filled and intensely dramatic. Wish there would be a sequel. Kudos Starbreeze. :)

Now planning to finally start Arkham Asylum. The wait has almost left me high and dry.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Some of my Arkham screens:

*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/ShippingPC-BmGame2009-10-0612-55-27.jpg
Awesome, Batman! :D

*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/ShippingPC-BmGame2009-10-0612-55-39.jpg
Awesome lookin' guy, Bruce.

*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/ShippingPC-BmGame2009-10-0612-55-49.jpg
Oh! Darn! He's showin' his.... :D

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
No, I dont have the game right now, but will get soon. So far every game has run smoothly on GTX 260 for me, even crysis. Reading your post about red faction makes it the first game that will have problem on my PC.

I think u should never worry about any game with 1680 X 1050 , GTX 260 almost takes out every game :!:

@nvidiageek:-- Nice screenies.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I am thinking about playing FarCry 2 after altair. The reviews are like a mixture bag. Please tell me how the game is.
Seriously, i think this game is good due to which i've had a lot of criticism:-(.But if you don't mind sprouting enemies at every nook'n'corner of the road and don't bother about getting malaria medicine once in a while, you will like it.:)

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
atlast finished and uninstalled underground.where can i see all the unlocked magazines.i mean is there any such kind of sites which shows these.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
am stuck at Doctor Kellerma part in Batman Arkham Asylum. Whatever I do, not able to glide to the first platform. When I run and keep "A" pressed on xbox 360 controller, batman just lands straight down and chokes till I get him back to the top platform.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Keep your mouse focus above the batman I mean your focus should be in such a way that you should be able to see his belly part when gliding. That's how passed it. It took me more than 15 mins. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom