Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never faced a single prob till yesterday while playing NFS shift. It's just working great on both XP 32 bit and vista 64 bit. Actually I installed it on vista x64 but it was working flawlessly on XP too :p

BTW, I'm unable run section 8 on vista x64 though it's running just fine on xp 32 bit. Anyone knows what to do ?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Play Bionic Commando. Just completed it. Awesome game(may seem boring at start)
and superb ending/

I'm at the end where you have to hunt down Super Joe by defeatin' the Vulture Army. Awesome game & superb story! The cut-scenes are great. Spencer's awesome! I never felt it borin' throughout the game. I first played that at a cyber cafe & I couldn't resist & bought that game.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
holy smokes!! Gran Turismo 5?????? Either you must be playing Gran Turismo 5 Prologue or you must be one of the goons of kazunori yamauchi.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@Sunny - SHIFT's graphics are better. SHIFT: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYn3PuBhdY GT5 Prologue: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYn3PuBhdY Don't know 'bout the "drivin' experience", but graphics looks better on SHIFT :rolleyes:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Sunny - SHIFT's graphics are better. SHIFT: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYn3PuBhdY GT5 Prologue: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYn3PuBhdY Don't know 'bout the "drivin' experience", but graphics looks better on SHIFT :rolleyes:
Based on a downgraded YouTube experience? :-D

Have you seen GT 5 Prologue in action on an HDTV? It will blow your pants off. It's the closest to realism in terms of graphics as it gets. Even more than Test Drive Unlimited I would say.

tkin

Back to school!!
Based on a downgraded YouTube experience? :-D

Have you seen GT 5 Prologue in action on an HDTV? It will blow your pants off. It's the closest to realism in terms of graphics as it gets. Even more than Test Drive Unlimited I would say.
TDU was realistic? In what way?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^What 'bout SHIFT on an HDTV? Maybe you're right 'cause I don't own a PS3, too bad. How's Forza Motorsport series compared to GT series?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Dude.. we are playing shift in the HD Monitors only. I mean most of us will be playing on 720p. See any HD video of Gran Turismo 5 or prologue and you will understand. I'll help you by giving this link

*www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-gran-turismo/54450

Talking about Forza.. A perfect competitor for Gran Tourismo and Forza 3's visuals are no way inferior to Gran Tourismo. These two are beasts in their class of consoles. I have laid my dirty hands on both the games.. i can tell you that i enjoyed playing forza coz of an X factor.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ethan what happened to you.:mad:

you are comparing tdu with these.tdu was very good no wonder but not comparable to these.
:-D
btw any chance of gt5 on pc.:D
I ain't comparing per se, but I think TDU had stunning graphics for a game of it's time. You should see the detail given to each of it's vehicles and not to mention the initial revving that you provide to the car, the sound is surreal.

GT5 on PC? Sony's first party title on PC? Dream on. :-D

sumit.koool

Right off the assembly line
Apocalypse'09 @ IITR

Apocalypse’09

We extend our warm invitation to you to APOCALYPSE, AS THE REINCARNATED VERSION OF CHAOS, THE BIGGEST LAN PARTY OF INDIA. Guess what this year it is getting bigger than ever with a 75+ high end gaming computers and prizes better than anyone has to offer.
It is centered on a gaming event which has gamers competing across various gaming genres. This is our event with the maximum number of participants with both professional and non professional gamers .
So if you are ready to battle it out, then gear up your gaming gear because the APOCALYPSE IS HERE.
The rest of the events include workshops based on game developments, game videos, commercial display stalls and guest lectures. The workshops will give hands on experience in unconventional topics related to computer gaming. Workshops on game development, advanced 3-D rendering and mobile gaming are planned.
APOCALYPSE'09 is the gaming partner of THOMSO'09, annual Youth festival of IIT ROORKEE.

GAMES & PRIZES

Counter Strike 1.6 (5 Vs 5) Rs. 20k + Steel Series Goodies
DotA (5 on 5) Rs. 20k + Steel Series Goodies
Age of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion (3 on 3) Rs. 9k + Steel Series Goodies
Need for Speed - Most Wanted (Individual) Rs.. 3k + Steel Series Goodies
FIFA'09 (Individual) Rs. 3k + Steel Series Goodies
Unreal Tournament 2004 (Individual) Rs. 3k + Steel Series Goodies

SPONSORS

We currently have STEEL SERIES as our Prize Sponsor and Skoar, Digit and Zealot as our Media and Arena Sponsors.
Our previous sponsors were RAZER as our title sponsor.
Xtreme Gaming, Intel and Intex
We are expecting many more apart from the above mentioned group this year.

PRIZES

Last year prizes worth more than Rs.1.5 lakhs were distributed both as cash and as gaming gear. This year till date we have got prizes more than 1 lakhs and more coming. The exact distribution of the prizes would be declared before the event.

CONTACT US

You would be kept informed about the latest developments. For latest updates you can visit our website: *apocalypse.co.in/
Or mail us at apocalypse.iitr.09@gmail.com
APOCALYPSE'09
29th Oct. to 1st Nov, 2009.
IIT Roorkee.
Coordinator Apocalypse,

cyborg47

Technomancer
Counter Strike 1.6 (5 Vs 5) Rs. 20k + Steel Series Goodies
DotA (5 on 5) Rs. 20k + Steel Series Goodies
Age of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion (3 on 3) Rs. 9k + Steel Series Goodies
Need for Speed - Most Wanted (Individual) Rs.. 3k + Steel Series Goodies
FIFA'09 (Individual) Rs. 3k + Steel Series Goodies
Unreal Tournament 2004 (Individual) Rs. 3k + Steel Series Goodies
.all these games on high end PC's????

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@vamsi - News of next NFS?

huh... Typical Nvidiageek:-|. This boy don't beat the game that has been out now. But freaks about the sequels:???:. Damn.. NFS landed last week bro. Anyway.. EA gave the development duties of next NFS game to Criterion games who is famous for their burnout, black and renderware. I think this is going to be a freaking awesome game.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
damn.. new GT5 Screenies... Can't wait to get hands on it..

*i37.tinypic.com/xo2iki.png

*i35.tinypic.com/1z5kker.png

*i35.tinypic.com/308jvxy.png

*i36.tinypic.com/34pi1j5.jpg

*i36.tinypic.com/f41g89.png

These were captured from in game replay. The actual gameplay is..

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYCsnEMpFsg

and Forza also released a tribute to 458 italia but the visuals are catchy in GT5.

cyborg47

Technomancer
ZOMFG!!!!....gorgeous graphics!!! is the game for PC???
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
anyway whose the gal in ur DP??
Posted again:
anyway whose the gal in ur DP??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom