Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Studies?

I'll start off with MGS4 tomorrow and will but FEAR 2 once it hits the stores. Most of the time I have to study,freakin' boards!
Yep studies & am a bit addicted to TV series now. So have it has sidelined everything else. ;)

Got Shellshock 2 as well. Let's see how it works out.

cluby

Broken In
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box
Its better than NFS CARBON & PRO STREET & OTHERS
But can't compare with NFSMW.
BPTUB & NFSMW are best racing game in PC

tkin

Back to school!!
Unreat III, Mass Effect(best game ever), GTA 4(too good)
I agree about Mass Effect, too bad I can't play it(frequent crashes on PC, something to do with Realtek Onboard Audio) although I have the original game:-(:-(.

Any player out there who played Mass Effect on PC, can you kindly give your specs?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^I have played Mass Effect for a lot of time without any crashes with this PC :-

e4500
2GB RAM
8800GT 512MB GDDR3

I have also played it with the Realtek onboard audio chipset but never faced crashes.

tkin

Back to school!!
^I have played Mass Effect for a lot of time without any crashes with this PC :-

e4500
2GB RAM
8800GT 512MB GDDR3

I have also played it with the Realtek onboard audio chipset but never faced crashes.
I don't get it, only appreciable difference between our system is 2GB vs 4GB RAM and Realtek ALC1200 onboard audio(its a new model, realtek doesn't list it on their site).

Now I remember, it played fine on my friend's system with same config as yours(2GB RAM and older Realtek chip), so I think the extra RAM(or the new chip) is the problem.

BTW- I checked out Mass Effect Official Forum, a lot of users are having similiar problem as mine. The game just locks up and needs a hard reboot. The background sounds play fine, happens specially after long cutscenes like the first landing cutscene. Maybe something to do with pagefile.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
To the guys who are thinking to get Shellshock 2... please steer away from this game. Its just crap! The graphics and the effects (both audio and visual) suck. The character designing is lame. Though the game does manage to create a nice environment and the firefights feel decent too but overall, its not worth your time.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
OK finally got time & completed ShellShock 2. NO comments about the game.

Need to start up with Dark Sector & Project Origin.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
OMG! Dark Sector is amazing. I just complete the first 2 levels & it's a Gears of War clone with a different arsenal. The graphic detail is really good & the optimisation is just brilliant. It gives me 75fps constant @1280x1024 with everything set to high. Rarely falls to 45fps in high fire fights & boss fight. It's definitely worth getting. This should hold me up until my F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin copy arrives. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom