Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just played through the basic tutorial level & it seems pretty good. You'll have to defend & capture some bases. So most of the time you'll need to be fighting hordes of Orcs charging right at you. You'll have a variety of combo moves to perform against the Orcs. You have select the class of character you want to begin the game with. During the training session, I got to play with all 4 of them, to provide a better insight on each of their combos. You have a choice between Warrior, Archer, Scout & Mage. I loved the Mage as their primary attacks are lightning bolts & that does a good deal of damage.

I defeated Sauron in the initial level as the main boss. The game follows the same pattern as the books & the movies. But the game had added a second dimension to the storyline, which reflects in the Evil campaign. The good campaign if as per the films events & the Evil campaign is said to feature a whole new storyline with events that would occur had Frodo failed to destroy the ring. That would be interesting to watch. Since I haven't played the Evil campaign, I have no clue how the Evil characters gameplay would work out. Basically, the core is button-mashing.

A few screens if you need it:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29298_matll/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-33-14-71.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29299_3cfsv/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-33-24-82.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29300_jm7lv/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-42-25-98.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29301_po3og/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-47-12-57.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29302_newkm/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-47-58-60.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29303_k8mw5/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-48-54-64.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29304_uzl0h/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-53-45-26.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29305_cinsh/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-53-48-56.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/29306_upexx/Conquest%202009-01-17%2009-57-11-01.jpg

I also completed the training level,Sauron was a pieca cake. Now I'm in the first level helm's deep,War of the ring.
BTW just completed Mortal Kombat vs DC Unverse on PS3. Awesome game but short.
Continuing mirror's edge on PS3. Batman Begins on PS2.

^^
I used to play it 2 years back but unfortunately didn't have a memory card. So,starting again. I had reached till the first batmobile mission last time but couldn't save.
I think you should try Superman returns on PS2,it's free roaming a huge metropolis. I completed it 100%. A bit repetitive but free roam is fun:D
I'm a big DC fan.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm a both Marvel & DC fan but favour Batman more as a superhero. Anyway what are the fighting styles like in Superman Returns?

Superman has all his powers like heat vision,freeze breath,supersonic speed etc etc. The gameplay is repetitive and you might not like it. I didn't like the story but was addicted to this game dunno why:D
Some games you would like to try on PS2 are Superman:Shadow Of Apokolips(best superman game till date with one Clark Kent mission) if you haven't played it,Justice League and if you have any plans of Xbox 360 or PS3 then never miss out on Mortal Kombat vs DC universe.
Batman Arkham Asylum is coming in June-July this year based on the Batman movie last year and the game seems freakin' awesome. The best part is that it's coming for PC too:D Eagerly waiting for it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have plans for a PS3 but not anytime soon. It would mainly be for one game & one game only, God of War 3. PERIOD. I had got my PS2 so late just to play this game & I swear on my dead cat's grave, my PS3 would be purchased for this game. :D

It's sad that Midway doesn't release a lot of MK titles for PC. I loved Shaolin Monks in Co-op on the PS2. Wanted to try out MK V/s DC Universe too. Batman: Arkham Asylum is something I'm really looking forward too this year. It's based on the UE3 so my card will definitely rip this game apart unless the port is really shoddy.

I'll see if I can get the Superman title you mentioned.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@Sunny and Ethan :-

Have you guys played 'Marvel : Ultimate Alliance' ? It's the ultimate Marvel superhero game :D And also 'X-Men Legends 2 : Rise of Apocalypse'.

BTW, I am a Marvel fan.

^^
I've finished X- men legends on PS2 and X-Men legends 2 Rise of Apocalypse on PC. Both are awesome RPGs.
As for marvel ultimate alliance,didn't like it much but played it online for sometime.
All the above games are RPGs but the games I mentioned are Action/Adventure games.

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
xpand rally by techland.it has awsome graphics,do check out the demo version,it can really give big players a run for their money.awsome rally game

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Who? Me?

I completed Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor yesterday. Mirror's Edge & LOTR: Conquest will have to wait for sometime. My brother has captured the PC for completing Saints Row 2 for now. So I was just wading through a list of titles I could complete in a short time for the PS2. Picked up Capcom's Haunting Ground but didn't find it that interesting. Then decided to pick up Tomb Raider: Legend as I've heard it isn't very long.

BTW guys F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Demo will be out tonight. Better gear up for it. Looks exciting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom