Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
^Ye talkin' 'bout Arkham?

@costantine - NVIDIA, period.
I think he's talking about the game "The Darkness", LOL, batman spawn ghouls???????

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1c/Darkness_cover.jpg/258px-Darkness_cover.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Told Ya'll the ending would be EPIC, didn't I? :-D

Also please resist putting up SPOILER screenshots of the game, some of them are yet to complete it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Damn you.. Nvidia. I am going to play that game after I am done with Batman. Thanks for ruining the experience.

Damn.. This Batman is blowing my pants off. I am now done with Killer Cork. Going back to bat cave. I will update my progress soon. BTW, from today.. Return to Castle..oh sorry.. college.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@damngoodman :- Yeah lol :D... but that's not the only reason... Jill Valentine is my fav. RE series character :).

Anyways, played 3 matches in FIFA 10... nothing good about it... just another FIFA game by EA. They should seriously think about slowing down. Off too play Ashes.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I am sorry, vamsi :(. I thought that after I posted. Darn, you were right, Ethan. I gotta delete that post before Techalo finds out, eh. Currently playin' Need for Speed: SHIFT.

Krow

Crowman
I am sorry, vamsi :(. I thought that after I posted. Darn, you were right, Ethan. I gotta delete that post before Techalo finds out, eh. Currently playin' Need for Speed: SHIFT.
Someone sniffed me eh? Which game did you spoil for vamsi anyway? :lol: Thanx for showing the courtesy to delete your post. :)

@ ALL: Bionic Commando ROCKS! Simply awesome game. Takes time to get used to the controls and the swinging, but the gameplay is too good. Also, GFX are sweet. :) Only regret is that my mouse is not great (3yr old cheapo iBall), so keep losing hold over right click when Spencer is over 100 ft in the air. :lol:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Batman Arkham Asylum - My review

First when I saw E3,2009 trailer of Batman Arkham Asylum, I thought it would be just another super hero game like xman, Superman,spiderman,etc. Few days ago I downloaded a demo of arkham asylum to see how my x4500hd can run it. First time when i started to play the game I forgot every thing that our bloody world has.And nothing stopped me from getting the final one.

Story: When we have batman and Joker, there won't be a shortage for stoires. Batman Arkham Asylum starts when Batman is taking Joker back to Arkham. Unfortunately after entering into the arkham joker escapes from the security, and you find yourself in a playground of joker.And rest of the story is how you will take down the joker and other mighty criminals that can be found in the dark world of batman. The story is good. Reaches the standards of batman.

Gameplay: What makes Batman AA a clear winner is that how it lets you to approach enemies.Basically there are two types of gameplay mechanics in arkham one is a typical hand to hand combat system and another is the Predator mode. In hand to hand combat you will be given a free flow combat system like the in Prince of Persia and God Hand.It is easy to get into. But difficult to master. you can easily pull the 4 hit combo but to achieve 9 hit combo you have to struggle and practice. There are typical reversals which are cool and some stun attacks which are awkward.

What i liked most is the predator mode.. You will be given a chance to be the real batman. You can take out thugs in the dark. Silently sneaking behind them. And if any one of the remaining thugs found the body... man.. you gotta see their reaction. They will just wet their pants. In predator mode.. you can pull glide kicks and by upgrading you can do Inverted Takedowns.

The game play also includes roaming and adventure elements. You will be hunting for vents, and Riddle challenges, Riddle Trophies, Interview tapes,etc.

Over all the game play is mind blowing.

Presentation: Something I didn't expected to be this good was the presentation part. The cut scenes are amazing. The Musical score is an orchestral score which is mind blowing. These won't stand a chance before amazing voice acting from Joker to hundreds of thugs you will fight. You will stop and listen to the conversion of Joker in the radio. The voice acting of Chronicles of arkham is mind blowing. The interview tapes take their valuable share too. When it comes to visuals.. the art direction is amazing. You can see the colorful comic book taking it's life. Technically.. this game is a U3 game.. The graphics looks stunning and optimizable to a great extent.

WTF moments: we will say WTF where we will encounter some thing that we didn't even expected. Well.. if you are playing this game, get ready to chant WTF. For the people who didn't get me--just leave it, it is not for you.

Pros: Predator mode, Voice Acting, 3 Encounters with the Scarecrow, unique boss battles, 240 Riddle challenges, provides lot of info about the dark world of Batman, and the list goes on and on....

Cons:Giving free roaming capabilities while on a mission can be misleading,You don't want to stop playing the game even after the ending, Some Riddle challenges and trophies are way too challenging.

Verdict: If you are a person who don't care about the Batman then you are the person who deserves to play this game..coz I did. It is the best super hero game ever created. Somebody claims that it is Infamous, let us face it.. I didn't played infamous(yet). So, for me BAA is the best super hero game ever designed.

Pardon me if there are any spell or grammatical mistakes.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Someone sniffed me eh? Which game did you spoil for vamsi anyway? :lol: Thanx for showing the courtesy to delete your post. :)
Something which you were playing and I realised that you were playing Bionic Commando. So promptly requested nvidiageek to pull the finale screenshots off. The end is something you need to experience first hand, rather than having it spoiled by screenshots.

@ ALL: Bionic Commando ROCKS! Simply awesome game. Takes time to get used to the controls and the swinging, but the gameplay is too good. Also, GFX are sweet. :) Only regret is that my mouse is not great (3yr old cheapo iBall), so keep losing hold over right click when Spencer is over 100 ft in the air. :lol:
Please get an Xbox 360 controller. I know it's a heavy investment, but believe me, it would prove to be a worthy one. I have had it for close to a year now and it's working for both my PC and my 360. In fact, I haven't used my wireless controller that I got with my console till now.

Using the controller makes this game so much more simpler to navigate. It's a totally different experience compared to mouse and keyboard. Especially some difficult swinging moments would really need a good controller.

@Vamsi: Excellent review dude. I know the joy you feel when you really enjoy a game right from the heart and can't wait to pour it out in a review. Something which I did with Resident Evil 4 right after I completed that game. I also wanted to review Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, but alas didn't get that much time. Good job again. :smile:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@Vamsi: Excellent review dude. I know the joy you feel when you really enjoy a game right from the heart and can't wait to pour it out in a review. Something which I did with Resident Evil 4 right after I completed that game. I also wanted to review Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, but alas didn't get that much time. Good job again. :smile:

Thanks Alwyn bhayya.Now I am solving the Riddler puzzles. I have completed 180 till now. Still got 60 more to do. What is your progress in the game?

BTW, getting Assassins Creed now. I should get it by tomorrow. Can't wait to see how Altair will play on my computer.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks Alwyn bhayya.Now I am solving the Riddler puzzles. I have completed 180 till now. Still got 60 more to do. What is your progress in the game?
As you can see, I have my hands full with The Darkness at the moment. Once I complete that, I should hopefully start off with Batman OR Ninja Gaiden II, depends on the mood. I have applied for some leaves at work in the next week or two, if that's approved, then it would be 4 full days of heavy gaming, movies and party. :-D

I have a huge backlog of games to clear now. Thankfully most of the "AAA" titles are coming out for the PC in October. We have GTA's DLC coming up on the 360 by October end, so that would be awesome.

Krow

Crowman
Batman Arkham Asylum - My review
Post it in the reviews section too. I like your style of writing minus a few typos. Overall a great job! :)

Something which you were playing and I realised that you were playing Bionic Commando. So promptly requested nvidiageek to pull the finale screenshots off. The end is something you need to experience first hand, rather than having it spoiled by screenshots.
Thanks a lot mate. :)

Please get an Xbox 360 controller. I know it's a heavy investment, but believe me, it would prove to be a worthy one. I have had it for close to a year now and it's working for both my PC and my 360. In fact, I haven't used my wireless controller that I got with my console till now.
Using the controller makes this game so much more simpler to navigate. It's a totally different experience compared to mouse and keyboard. Especially some difficult swinging moments would really need a good controller.
I will certainly try to get it, but ATM I don't have spare cash. :( I gotta invest in the TRUE 120 for a big project I have and the x360 controller will have to wait. :( But, 1200 bucks is cheap considering the fact that people spend like 1.5k each on kbd and mice. :)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Awesome review, vamsi! Lucky you, Ethan 'cause Ballad of G*y Tony's comin' only for X360. Great decision you've taken in buyin' a X360, the graphics are better in X360. But no Uncharted 2 on X360. News of PS4 or X720, eh? More 2 days for Arkham!! Then, it'll be the No. 2 game in my list. Batman's my 2nd favorite superhero. Hope Activision brings an awesome Spidey game :rolleyes:. ALTAIR!! Vamsi, I don't think ye'll like him. He's only for me, I guess :D.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@techalo.. thanks for suggestion. Implementing it now. :)

@Nvidia.. Sony officials said that there will be PS4 but not before 2011. Don't know about xbox thou. For me batman was not a super hero until i saw dark knight. After seeing dark knight.. the role of joker made me to like batman. But after playing this game.. man.. batman is the real super hero. At the end of the game.. when every thing is over... Gordon advices batman to take rest, in the very next second he hears police radio warning about the bank robbery. And batman will be off to the bank. I liked that part.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Batman & Iron Man are the only superheroes without any super powers. Iron Man movie was awesome! The CGI was unbelievable, I thought Iron Man was hoverin' in Manhattan! It was even better than The Dark Knight. Can't wait for Iron Man 2! But, Ledger did a fantastic job, the Joker in The Dark Knight was the best Joker. R.I.P Heath Ledger. So, it's better to buy a X360, eh? 'Cause it can even play *joker* games! :D

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
back in 2001 when i was learning the alphabets in the internet... I thought of registering with yahoo. so.. I chose my username as "vamsikrishna" but it said that the username already exists and given me a list of available usernames.. vamsikrishna919 was one of them. From that day, no matter what is the purpose.. if i am registering with any website.. I used the vamsikrishna919 username.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^You should've renamed ye'r User ID like this: Vamsi_Krishna, with capital letters. Funny 'bout NFS: Undercover :D. Tell me guys, what are the things that you hate in NFS: Undercover. Currently playin' that game & it's underrated. The game's not that bad. Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom