Game you are addicted to is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the sake of Gamerz section, please split up your discussion and create individual threads. Discussion should be organized and proper.

Earlier the situation was this - everyone was posting everything they feel like in that thread. The whole Gamerz 'forum' had shrunk to a single thread with no one posting in other threads. I had locked it for a week and asked everyone to split up the discussion and when it happened, I unlocked it. But now again, instead of just writing what game you are currently playing, everyone is 'discussing' the games, giving their opinions-reviews etc. in that thread itself. Activity in other threads of this 'section' has reduced again.

Ask yourself a simple question. Someone made a very good post about a game X in that thread. After two-three days, that post will get buried and no one will be able to read it. Wouldn't it be better if that post goes into the dedicated thread of that game X so that it can actually turn out to be helpful??

For the sake of Gamerz forum, that thread will remain locked. If you want that thread to be opened, I can very well close this section and move that thread to Chit-Chat where you can freely discuss everything in a single thread.

Vamsi created a thread on Test Drive Unlimited 2. No one posted anything in it. Everyone was busy posting in their 'Free for All' discussion thread. Every second or third day Topgear has to move/delete posts from that thread.

And I'm doing this to improve the quality of the forum. We always used to discuss games in separate threads and everyone 'knew' how to carry out a discussion.

As members, it is your duty to carry out discussions properly. The current situation demands it to be locked, so that everyone can actually learn how to carry out discussions properly again.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Ico cant we have some restrictions to word counts per post or something like that so we can just post the title of the Game we are playing ?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I also agree...the thread was meant only for current game u r playing :mrgreen:
& game u have just completed....

well if thats the case then all gamers can use their siggy

Completed: <game name>
Nowplaying:<game name>

:mrgreen:

oh! but only 200chars allowed in siggy now dat is taken by my configuration

@ico:yes ico cant we allow only 50~100 chars in dat section..dat will do its justice

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ico cant we have some restrictions to word counts per post or something like that so we can just post the title of the Game we are playing ?
You actually very well know that I will re-open it again at some point. But currently, I won't.

I like your idea, but it can't be implemented.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Create a thread for the game you are playing... people who have played would join and share their experiences with you. Or, if some one is playing, they might join in too. Defiantly we can talk,share, discuss more if there is a separate thread.

And that one word thing is kind of good, but it is not going to do any good. What is the benefit of knowing what game you are playing if we can't comment/discuss/share views about the game you have completed or playing now.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Well we should have a separate thread for every game, but hardly 10-15 people here have PS3/Xbox. So the thread will remain empty. My thread can be renamed to Game you are playing and warning can be given to those who put more than the title and we are sorted.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I'm in favouring of people just posting the game they're playing and then just jogging on.

But details like how they completed a level, where and how they reached a particular level should be avoided. These posts should go in the 'dedicated' thread of that particular game.

Currently on Level 6 Township in Captain Claw. - this post is fine.
I just defeated Katherine in the Dark Woods level in Captain Claw. Defeating that b!tch was difficult but I had health test tubes available, so it became easier. Onto Township now. - this post is NOT.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea.. good point. But, what good can be done if we know what game you are playing in a line!? If you open a thread for it, we can do more.

Yes, there are very few console owners, and people who jumped onto discussion might be low. But if you post just a name in the thread.. you will not be able to get even that.

There is no harm if there are numerous threads. TDF's new server is kicking. So, it's not like there is any bad if we create plenty of new threads.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Well let it remain closed for a month or so. Later we can open and rename it as "Game you are Playing" maybe guys here will approach it in a different way then.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Currently on Level 6 Township in Captain Claw. - this post is fine.
I just defeated Katherine in the Dark Woods level in Captain Claw. Defeating that b!tch was difficult but I had health test tubes available, so it became easier. Onto Township now. - this post is NOT.

:yeahright:

1 sentence is enuf instead of posting the entire summary of how u did it :|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well let it remain closed for a month or so. Later we can open and rename it as "Game you are Playing" maybe guys here will approach it in a different way then.
yup, this is what I have in my mind.

:yeahright:

1 sentence is enuf instead of posting the entire summary of how u did it :|
Exactly.

Posting of entire summary starts a whole new discussion and if someone has played that game before, he'll quote and say: yup, I had played that game when I was a little kid. A very cool game it was. The next boss is named Wolvington and he has a long range punch.

and then the discussion continues.

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

My thread can be renamed to Game you are playing and warning can be given to those who put more than the title and we are sorted.
Oh yeah u created this thread...
But do u remember who gave u this idea :mrgreen:

@ico: its the most popular thread in 'gamerz section"

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I think we should not open up this thread again. Inadvertently people will start to post in it, and dedicated game threads get drowned under the heap. Also the thread become to arbitrary in context and difficult to follow. Else half the time we are moving threads and posts to relevant master threads. It is just to generic and open ended to be of any use apart from the "wait till you reach xxxxx and get your a$$ handed to you by the level 4 boss", "can someone give me the save files to get the flak cannon", "getting it as I type this, will update the thread, damn no seeders for this WTF".

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm with Ico on this one. The thread had turned into a "Merry-Go-Round" ride for all of us. Someone would ask how is this game and then all replies would start flowing in. Heck, a few days back, I even saw some ISP rates discussion in there. Seriously?

Guys, that thread was created for a purpose, and that was to just post the games you are currently addicted to, PERIOD! Just post and move on. If everyone is going to use that as a one-stop point for every game discussion, then why even have a dedicated 'GAMERZ' section?

Try to move out of that thread's comfort zone and open a new thread for something you like. Be it a query, issue, poll, game, be it any dam thing, just break free and share that with the rest of the folks.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Hey..hey.. beat it. Me, Karan, Tkin were carried away. One thing led to another and we finally ended up discussing about BSNL 3G :???: :oops: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom