Galaxy Gio or good old Optimus 1 ?

RizEon

Broken In
hi
i'm planning to buy an android at around 10k range (assume 12k max)...

After going through previous threads n reviews i made up my mind for O1 until i found Samsung Galaxy Gio..

I use my mobile as a musicplayer-cum-camera(not heavyweight photography, just random snaps) other than mild gaming n mainly for surfing

so the cam quality n sound become an issue...and videos too.
(u might recommend going for a multimedia phone at this point, but i wanna try out android....the apps n stuff)

so kindly help me out with these aspects of both phones n recommend...

As i said, atleast a decent performer on cam front if not great...(N95 worked very well for me, u decide from the reference)
same goes for sound quality

PS: HURRY UP! My college begins a couple weeks, must waste dad's money before then :p

Last edited:
OP
RizEon

RizEon

Broken In
HEY GUYS!! thanks... :) got an O1 ,... 10200/-
can sumone help with sum good links for android basics n stuff??

thanks all ;)

aditya2696

Right here right now
why everyone is against htc so much?
i was about to buy htc wildfire as i found it interesting and also it ui is the best but after reading all these forums i cant decide now

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
why everyone is against htc so much?
i was about to buy htc wildfire as i found it interesting and also it ui is the best but after reading all these forums i cant decide now

nobody is against HTC. It's the wildfire that we are against and that is due to the pathetic feature set. if you want to go ahead and buy wildfire, go ahead, nobody's going to force to stay away from it. but once you get it, compare it with LG O1 or W:S or even Spice MI-310 and you will then know the difference.

aditya2696

Right here right now
nobody is against HTC. It's the wildfire that we are against and that is due to the pathetic feature set. if you want to go ahead and buy wildfire, go ahead, nobody's going to force to stay away from it. but once you get it, compare it with LG O1 or W:S or even Spice MI-310 and you will then know the difference.

oh thanks and what about spice mi410?at that price it surely beats every phone out there

OP
RizEon

RizEon

Broken In
sh*t!!
guys there's a problem..
i downloaded superoneclickroot...ran it on win7
and it was like "waiting for phone" for ages...with a blank command prompt
sometimes it prompted if its looping, disable USB debugging....it went like starting ADB,,,killing ADB..staring psneuter....waiting for phone....if its looping disable usb debugging....statring ADB...(get the idea?)

n i got pissed off after like 15 minutes and then removed my phone...n then it rebooted with factory settings...everything wiped, all downloaded apps, contacts, and messages...

well i hadnt downloaded much, but can sumone please, please tell me the right way to root it??

PLEASE HELP!! EMERGENCY!!!!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
sh*t!!
guys there's a problem..
i downloaded superoneclickroot...ran it on win7
and it was like "waiting for phone" for ages...with a blank command prompt
sometimes it prompted if its looping, disable USB debugging....it went like starting ADB,,,killing ADB..staring psneuter....waiting for phone....if its looping disable usb debugging....statring ADB...(get the idea?)

n i got pissed off after like 15 minutes and then removed my phone...n then it rebooted with factory settings...everything wiped, all downloaded apps, contacts, and messages...

well i hadnt downloaded much, but can sumone please, please tell me the right way to root it??

PLEASE HELP!! EMERGENCY!!!!!

Download and run Gingerbreak on your phone -- [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@RizEon, superoneclick have is already a buggy software. though its strange that your mobile was factory reseted. also it only works on Android 2.2 & not 2.2.1/2.2.2. download gingerbreak from the link given by AndroidFan & install it. it'll root your mobile.

OP
RizEon

RizEon

Broken In
@AndroidFan and @sam...yup thanks gingerbreak did it quite fast n easily...though ive unrooted it at the moment as i cant really figure out how to use the superuser app... it lists no apps and i cant figure out how to remove those stupid default apps like bollywoodji and infant vaccine tracker... duz sumbody hav a link to "customising android for dummies" ??

OP
RizEon

RizEon

Broken In
Thanks for coming back quick guys! :)
BTW,
Is it okk to use GUI based root explorer over terminal emulator?? I'm not very comfortable with command prompt n i dont wanna end up constantly looking up commands.... is it safe enough? (found free version of root explorer on 4shared)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. both are basically same. but can you be a bit more clear? what are you trying to do exactly with the root explorer?

OP
RizEon

RizEon

Broken In
yes. both are basically same. but can you be a bit more clear? what are you trying to do exactly with the root explorer?

Removing default apps..news reader, vaccine tracker etc.....as im nt sure how to switch back to the stock version if sumthng gors wrong whipe on the custom rom ..where to find the software fr stock o1 OS?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
before doing anything do a nandroid backup & save the folder created in PC, somewhere safe.

you may use some apps from market that does this for you rather than manually delete the crapwares using root explorer or terminal. give titanium backup a try.

OP
RizEon

RizEon

Broken In
Im trying to gwt into recove.ry mode bt it keeps hard resettin...every google link says home vol down power bt thats factory reset ryt??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you use clockworkmod recovery, it is easy. start ROM Manager>reboot into recovery.

also the key combo is: home + vol down + power. but if no recovery is installed, it'll reset the mobile instead.

OP
RizEon

RizEon

Broken In
LOL got it...i had no recovery installed... I thought there would be some inbuilt feature...
:D

been trying different combos...restarted my fone atleast 20 times since yesterday...4 factory resets :p

so after do nandroid backup n keep it away....i just have to restore it back to get the stock ROM again?? or would i have to look for any other files?? (as we do in case of custom ones)

also,titanium backup has a continuous notification called processing please wait...is that okay?? it just doesnt go away...comes back after killing...

also.. thanks! ;)

Top Bottom