Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Can we have Online users and Birthdays back on the Index page?

Done

I've put this on the website feedback thread but as I didn't get any reply, I am posting it here. I am sure Raaabo sir will reply and/or do the needful :)

I've put up 3 hardware reviews here so far (880gma ud2h,890gpa-ud3h and 790fxta-ud5...more to come in coming weeks) but the problem is it is restricted to 15 pics per post. I was wondering if you could remove that- at least on the reviews section.

Also there are couple of stickies over there which got nothing to do with review section. I was wondering if they could be replaced with basic guidelines for reviewers- for example no hotlinking and no plagiarism.

^^^ yeah, how about updating from vb3 to vb4 like TE

hmm, number of images per post is for all of VB, so could be a problem to accomplish. Will look into this to see if there's a way.

^Will, in another couple of years, after which bug fixing will take a couple more. :)

Sarcasm? No we're waiting to make sure everything is ironed out before we shift.

:+1:

Also, why dont you add the scripts for spoiler tags and User Merging?

Good idea. Will start on this soon after issue closing next week.

By the way. VBSEO installed, and user-friendly URLs included... can you guys help me test over the next few days by reporting bugs (if any) here please? Thanks to our extremely busy website team for getting this up and running.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Oh and I forgot to mention, I've restarted the IRC server...

irc://irc.raaabo.com

You guys can idle in #digit or create your own channels. Bots allowed, but not in #digit. Name Services (NS) and Channel Services (CS) available.

I'm online whenever possible. In case the server dies, or hangs or is not reachable, please send a mail with subject "IRC DOWN" to editor @ thinkdigit . com and I'll have it up in a jiffy.

ricky641

Right off the assembly line
HEy Anybody here...can anybody provide me with the 12 fast tracks of 2009 in pdf...dat is included with June 2010 Dvd ....I have bought dvd..i m unable to play it..or my pc is unable to pick that dvd.....but the other two dvd's worked fine......I can prove everything U need to know for proving dat i really bought the digit of dis month.......And i HAve really bought.......Plz Sumbody reply.....

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
HEy Anybody here...can anybody provide me with the 12 fast tracks of 2009 in pdf...dat is included with June 2010 Dvd ....I have bought dvd..i m unable to play it..or my pc is unable to pick that dvd.....but the other two dvd's worked fine......I can prove everything U need to know for proving dat i really bought the digit of dis month.......And i HAve really bought.......Plz Sumbody reply.....

Write to help @ thinkdigit . com and inform them and they will courier you the replacement.

mehman

Broken In
Hi

I am so far not received my June 2010 issue of Digit.

When I contacted customer care on Wed 16-Jun-2010, I was given a AWB no 0454742166. Also the customer care has not reverted back as promised to me in my call on 16-Jun-2010.

However when I checked with the courier company the number does not belong to me, it has the name S Iyer, as can be seen from the attached image.

Some months back also I had this problem. I had to follow up regularly for a couple months to get my issues. For some months the issues were on time but again this problem. I am really sick of following with digit for non delivery of issues.

As a result I am considering to cancel the remaining subscription if possible as there does not seem to be an end to you logistics/delivery problems.

Mandeep

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hi folks..:)
for the 4th month in a row i received my issue (the magazine) damaged :sad:
the damage on the March & May issues were tolerable but my April & the current June issue were disastrous. when i opened my June 2010 package i saw the magazine was torn in the front, it was not only the front cover but also a few inside pages as well. the same happened with my April issue with the addition that the back cover was also torn :-x

After i contacted the Customer Care number (02240789612) they took note of my problem & aptly sent me a replacement of the entire package when i had asked only the magazine be replaced..thank you Digit :razz:

i contacted the Customer Care regarding the problem with my June issue on the 9th of this month, they said that a replacement would be sent by as of now i have not yet received my replacement of the June 2010 Anniversary Special..:sad:

Before i started typing this post, i tried calling the Customer Care but there is no answer :?:

i humbly request the respected Editor to kindly consider my plea & look into the matter of packaging & dispatch. i hope the Editor or a concerned authority will make his or her best effort to resolve this unnerving problem of issues getting delivered in damaged conditions.

Honestly, i feel very ashamed to call up every month after i receive my issue, "complaining" about the physical manner/condition it was delivered to me. i understand & am aware that the Digit customer helpline has to deal with innumerable grievances everyday.

i await your responses my friends :smile:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've a few suggestions :

it would be great if the magazine only can be found in the newsstands without the DVDs as well and it will even give the newsstand buyers a very good flexible choice.

As for Fast Tracks it can be included as a pdf in the DVDs as it will be more environment friendly and will save a lot carbon emission.

The Ft's and the mag can be also sold as a 6/12 months archive on a special edition CDs without the mag.

samratm

Right off the assembly line
Hello Sir,

I want to take my point directly here, I am simply not impressed by the DVD's you provide with your mag. Did you saw the iPad review, is this how a video should be done and the review was disappointing also. The DVD's are total worthless.

These are my honest suggestions to improve your DVD's or else stop providing those craps.

And after I brought the iPad I find it difficult to read books, novels and magazine on a hard copy so please bring out a Digit iPad App and sell your mag in subscription basis out there(this is for who don't care for your DVD's) .

I may stop purchasing your mag if some improvement is not evident, I give you 6 month time and I hope you can bring out a Digit iPad App(Then digit can go international).

And if you need more clarification on what I mentioned above you can get back to me, I want a top notch high quality Tech Mag in India, not highest selling. Be like Apple not Microsoft.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^LOL, man stop now. Can't laugh anymore.

The iPad review was done by one of us i.e. Digit readers. You should appreciate that.
Want change, be the change. Why not try to contribute some quality content from ur side.

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
i sent a mail to

agent001@thinkdigit.com

in the 1st week of june for a buying advice but i was not replied for a long period then again i sent the same mail(forwarded) again but still i have not got any reply accept that automated reply.......

it's really making the image of DIGIT bad....
:x:x:x:x:x

if agent 001 does not responds to the subscribers then what is it there for <<<

i received :grin: my june 2010 spl. issue mag. damaged/torn/ in a very bad condition :sad: with front cover completely torn & also few pages inside as well were completely torn :sad:.Further i have also not rcd the assured gift of Mini-Digit Booklet with the new subscription.

I contacted the Customer Care at help@thinkdigit.com regarding the problem with my June issue on 15 th when i rcd my issue, then they replied :grin: that they have sent a replacement copy & the assured gift of Mini-Digit Booklet with the new subscription & i rcd my package :grin: on (nearly) 23rd June but it was supplied with with the mini-skoar booklet only :sad: (which i already had).

and then i replied them again with my grievances but still i have not got my reply :sad: ( i was eagerly waiting from 24th ) , but now i am writing to you after negligence of help desk as still i have not yet received :sad: my replacement of the June 2010 Anniversary & assured Digit Mini Booklet nor any reply for the same.

i humbly request :lol: you to kindly consider & look into the matter of getting replacement of damaged issue.

waiting for a prompt & early response.:lol:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Why is TDF not aggressive as TE, they keep improving themselves constantly. Recently they even introduced a mobile friendly version of the site.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are there any date fixed so that we could at-least know when to look for the lucky winners ? :p

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hello Sir,

I want to take my point directly here, I am simply not impressed by the DVD's you provide with your mag. Did you saw the iPad review, is this how a video should be done and the review was disappointing also. The DVD's are total worthless.

These are my honest suggestions to improve your DVD's or else stop providing those craps.

And after I brought the iPad I find it difficult to read books, novels and magazine on a hard copy so please bring out a Digit iPad App and sell your mag in subscription basis out there(this is for who don't care for your DVD's) .

I may stop purchasing your mag if some improvement is not evident, I give you 6 month time and I hope you can bring out a Digit iPad App(Then digit can go international).

And if you need more clarification on what I mentioned above you can get back to me, I want a top notch high quality Tech Mag in India, not highest selling. Be like Apple not Microsoft.

this post looks as if Digit is serving you and that you will terminate a millions worth contract that you gave them unless they change the content. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom