From the Editor's Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Nah I don't like the rep system honestly. Not that I am saying there aren't any perks for it, but there are many people who will take advantage of it. For example:
I HAVE 50 REPUTATION POINTS MORE THAN YOU, WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION MY ADVICE!!!
With respects, majority of the crowd in India is not that mentally disciplined and unfortunately many people with such colourful characteristics (such as showing off with post counts and worst of all- their degrees :p- most likely falsified on the risk of being proven wrong by another person) show such behaviour in the forums. We could rather have something else in its place.
I would also suggest reinforcing rules on the market section.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^^Agreed. Thanks raaaboo for answering each points and cyberjunkie too.
Its nice to see TDF in new version in new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR Team Digit :)

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
this benq ad is getting quite irritating.

anyways happy new year to all.

for themes i liked these as suggested by crow.:) *vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=179
*vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=3

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
1. The problem with attachments that I was saying, is this type of attachments starts downloading when clicked.
*img145.imageshack.us/img145/7181/attachmenthg.th.jpg

2. I think there is still some problem with forum width. I'm getting the increased width in some pages and the normal width in some pages.
*img709.imageshack.us/img709/9534/forumwidth.th.jpg

*img254.imageshack.us/img254/2816/forumwidth2.th.jpg

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'm also getting this Database Error sometimes. Please look into it.
*img514.imageshack.us/img514/756/databaseerrorb.th.jpg

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
As for themes.......I liked these(in the same order)
*vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=153
*vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=64
*vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=147
*vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=170
*vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=3
*vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=191
*vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=176

My choise and taste of colour is very bad. Don't know hoy many of it will you like.

By the way how is the idea of uploading 4 or 5 best(thorugh vote by members/choosed by you) themes?? In this way we can choose from those 5 themes anytimes and will not get bored of any particular theme??

I mean look at the theme preview pages(any one). At the bottom left there is an option for choosing themes. Its not possible to upload all the themes. Thats why I said 4 or 5 themes.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Attachments are working for me. Was able to download and view some attached JPEG files. Can anyone else confirm this? Good job Raaabo and CJ! But the three attachments per post rule could be amended I guess. 10 per post should be the limit I think.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
^^ OMG! Yea! I successfully downloaded some .zip and .txt file.. :) Though, when I try to open .jpg/.gif/image file it's opening but showing "No Preview Available".. :|.. Try downloading image in this post! <Attatched>

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
The problem we were facing is that the attached images always gets downloaded when clicked. Looks like the problem is solved. But as mentioned by Krazzy "No Preview Available" problem is still there.

And as said by Krow.....The limit of 3 photos per page is really frustrating. Please increase the limit.

Krow

Crowman
^^ OMG! Yea! I successfully downloaded some .zip and .txt file.. :) Though, when I try to open .jpg/.gif/image file it's opening but showing "No Preview Available".. :|.. Try downloading image in this post! <Attatched>

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3206&d=1262411096

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

The image

Code:

cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

@ Raaabo: This tweet button is useless. Please move it to below post reply button after last post with other bookmarks. I have never seen anything tweeted more than zero times.

Krow

Crowman
Good to see some admins making posts in the forum. Hope this increases.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

@ ico: Check the attachments here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121649

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^^Nope its not working. Its getiing downloaded instead of opening the image and when opened after download its saying "Preview not available".

Krow

Crowman
In the thread I posted, images downloaded from first post are working for me. Please try that.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
Edit:
@Krow & @ico Those images are showing "No Preview Available" error.. :???: Seems like error of all other format other than image files are fixed..

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Try downloading files from here:- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=79745

See .txt and .zip files are working but image file are not working..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@Krazzy Tried the attachments from here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=79745 (the link you provided)

But as you said .txt and .zip files are working. But .jpg is getting downloaded instead of opening the image and even after downloading "No Preview Available" error is showing.

Well.......Other than this I'm facing one more problem sometimes. Don't know what this problem is called, I attached the screenshot below.

*img215.imageshack.us/img215/2334/error1xi.th.jpg

*img81.imageshack.us/img81/2271/error2y.th.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Raaabo, please change the text for this smiley 8/
I don't know who else uses 8) but we sure use it 8 / in Must watch movies thread.
Even if some URLs are having 8 and / its turning to smiley too...

Plz, change the assignment.
Make it as previous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom