From Pirated to Genuine Windows

Soumyajit

Novice
Hi

I have decided to shift from Pirated to Genuine Windows. Currently I have a pirated Windows 7 Professional installed on my PC. I want to install a genuine Windows 7 Home Premium.

Can some one tell me where to purchase and what to purchase? I am asking this, since there are a few options available with varied prices on the internet. Like, Home Premium selling for Rs 6950 on Windows website, and Rs 6254 on Flipkart. However, there's also this "anytime upgrade" version which is much cheaper at about Rs 2500.

Someone also told me that he selected the option of "Genuine Advantage" in the Windows website and he got a Home Premium DVD for Rs 3800.

Regards

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you better get the Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit version from Flipkart - this looks to be cheapest, safest and best option IMO ;-)

OP
S

Soumyajit

Novice
Thanks Topgear

Do you think this "Genuine Advantage" option is not good? Its through the Windows website.

And what about the "Anytime Upgrade" version (also selling on Flipkart)?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ not sure about genuine advantage option. maybe it'll be a one time upgrade without any disc or iso.

for the windows anytime upgrade, read carefully. its upgrade. you need a genuine Win7 OS & it'll make it Premium if formerly it was basic.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Hi

Can some one tell me where to purchase and what to purchase? I am asking this, since there are a few options available with varied prices on the internet. Like, Home Premium selling for Rs 6950 on Windows website, and Rs 6254 on Flipkart.
You can purchase from MSFT Store or Flipkart.

However, there's also this "anytime upgrade" version which is much cheaper at about Rs 2500.

That's to upgrade your existing version to a higher version. Not applicable for you.

Someone also told me that he selected the option of "Genuine Advantage" in the Windows website and he got a Home Premium DVD for Rs 3800.
This was a promo MSFT was running to curb piracy - can you provide me the link?

Sarath

iDota
When you finally buy a copy then do post here about the source or link of website where you get it from, for reference. :)

I am looking for a copy too

Top Bottom