Freeware for automatic shutdown

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
I want my laptop to automatically shutdown after a specific time interval.
Plz suggest some freewares for the same, and also plz mention if it was provided in past Digit DVDs

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is it a Win7/Vista machine? If yes, you can install an Auto-shutdown gadget. Even I use it.

Get it here : Download AutoShutdown Vista Gadget 1.4.1 Free - An automatic shutdown utility on your desktop or sidebar - Softpedia

Niilesh

Padawan
Do this
1)Press Win+R
2)Enter this - shutdown.exe -s -t 10
3)press enter

Done, Your pc will shutdown in 10 sec( just replace 10 with desired time in sec)
Only method i know to abort it is to type "shutdown.exe -a" in run(without quotes)

BTW you can also create a shortcut for it

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Batch file is also another good option, if you want to try.

Here is a simple solution for you to create a batch file to shutdown and restart machine.

How to shut down / restart the computer with a batch file.

vipulbh

Right off the assembly line
Try using startmenu7. Its a better start menu and has the ability to schedule all types of shutdowns also.

kisame

King of Heroes
Do this
1)Press Win+R
2)Enter this - shutdown.exe -s -t 10
3)press enter

Done, Your pc will shutdown in 10 sec( just replace 10 with desired time in sec)
Only method i know to abort it is to type "shutdown.exe -a" in run(without quotes)

BTW you can also create a shortcut for it

+1
No better method than to use built in utility.
Make batch files and just double click them to set the timer.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
is there any utility which shutdowns the pc automatically when i dont use the pc for a specific time ??

k..
got that..
AMP WinOFF - An utility for scheduling the Windows shut down with several modes (shut down, restart, hibernate, lock computer...) - AMPsoft
suggested above by buddyram

Anish

Spectre
^^^
Dude, for restart, logoff and hibernate also, you can use the same inbuilt method "shutdown" as told by Niilesh.
only you have to change the arguments like -s for shutdown, -h for hibernate, -r for restart and -l for logoff

Top Bottom