Flipkart Big Billion Days sale returns on 13-17 Oct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Lost in speed
Online retailer Flipkart has announced the return of its Big Billion Sale, with discounts and offers on more than 70 products, but only on app.
The sale will held between the 13 and 17 October, a press release from the company said. It coincides with the festival season that starts in October. Myntra will also be part of the sale.

“With over 75% of traffic coming via mobile, we expect this app only sale to be the biggest shopping event of the year," said Mukesh Bansal, head of commerce platform, Flipkart, and chairman, Myntra.

Bansal said the company has also ramped up the technology and supply chain support in preparation for the sale.

"Infact, to cater to the massive customer demand; we have opened new fulfillment centers across the country to guarantee efficient delivery," he was quoted as saying in the release.
The sale will be applicable for across millions of products in all categories from over 40,000 sellers, he said.

Last year, the company's big-billion-day had turned out to be a forgettable event for it as the website had developed glitches soon after the launch. Sachin and Binny Bansal had to even apologised to the customers after the fiasco.

Flipkart Big Billion Days sale returns on 13-17 Oct but this time it's app-only - Firstpost

Hrishi

Like I was saying earlier , Implement a restriction on the number of orders per user like amazon does. This will help in even distribution of products.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I don't have app installed. This exclusive app only bullshit just makes me move more closer to other options. I never really got anything as discounted as Amazon's lightening deals.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
They are redirecting to App store pages on mobile. :stirpot:
So I switched to Amazon completely. Not going to buy anything from them EVER.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
There's one advantage though.

If it is app only, then the overjealous sellers wont be able to bulk order the projects. Maybe everyone can get a chance to buy their choice product.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Another sale which raises prices higher than MRP and sells some quids less than that beefed up price :D
Lol

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Absolutely rubbish. Is this what they learn from last year. Why the hell does it have to be app only. FK is shooting itself in the foot.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Absolutely rubbish. Is this what they learn from last year. Why the hell does it have to be app only. FK is shooting itself in the foot.

They are going to close down there desktop site soon just like myntra did. So, it makes sense for them to make people buy from app only.
I don't like this move at all. But, as long as people would buy from there app and they have the sales figures to back that up.
I don't think they are going to listen to any logical argument in favor of desktops sites.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are going to close down there desktop site soon just like myntra did. So, it makes sense for them to make people buy from app only.
I don't like this move at all. But, as long as people would buy from there app and they have the sales figures to back that up.
I don't think they are going to listen to any logical argument in favor of desktops sites.

App just hogs too much data I think. Anyway, the reason FK showed to make the BB day of this year as app only is their major share of website traffic comes from app. Come on, what a joke ! You make the desktop website unattractive, difficult to find / filter products and offer only app only deals. Now who is going to access the desktop website ? Either desktop users will love FK so much that they will switch to FKs app [ which may tie up with some telcos in future for illicit purpose ] or they will just ditch FK for sheer annoying experience like I did recently with my BSNL connection. Coming to the topic I've left around 1300 bucks on FK which is just sitting idle there as I did not find any product worth buying from FK and their dumb ass policy - as I got the refund for item sold by WS retail I can only use that wallet for items sold by WS retail only. Even items with FK advantage is not purchasable with that wallet balance. Now how many items WS retail sells now without exorbitant pricing ??

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
App just hogs too much data I think. Anyway, the reason FK showed to make the BB day of this year as app only is their major share of website traffic comes from app. Come on, what a joke ! You make the desktop website unattractive, difficult to find / filter products and offer only app only deals. Now who is going to access the desktop website ? Either desktop users will love FK so much that they will switch to FKs app [ which may tie up with some telcos in future for illicit purpose ] or they will just ditch FK for sheer annoying experience like I did recently with my BSNL connection. Coming to the topic I've left around 1300 bucks on FK which is just sitting idle there as I did not find any product worth buying from FK and their dumb ass policy - as I got the refund for item sold by WS retail I can only use that wallet for items sold by WS retail only. Even items with FK advantage is not purchasable with that wallet balance. Now how many items WS retail sells now without exorbitant pricing ??

I received an email from Airtel today for accessing there "Airtel Zerotouch" network with instructions and password. I know where all this is going. "Flipkart" which actually denied being a part of Airtel Zero platform would now back them down.
I have an unlimited wifi connection so it won't make any difference for me. But, I have a sense that they must also have send similar kind of messages or email to other Airtel mobile and wifi users as well which are on limited data networks which might like to use them.
This is something I was wary off. And this would mean the end of "net neutrality" battle for which so many people have fought against by signing petitions and all.
It simply means we have lost the battle from these big enterprises like Bharti and flipkart etc.
Black days for Indian ventures and ultimately the consumers who would have to pay extra once the competition gets thwarted is coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom