Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
T

theraven

Technomancer
u dun need to uninstall
u can install over
what settings do u wanna get rid off anyways ?
if ur adamant on that then an uninstall wont harm
u may bave to restart one extra time tho

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks a lot

I messed a lot with the settings the other day.

Thats why I was wondering. Anyway let me see . I will decide soon.

Regards

godsownman

Padawan
Ok Done installef and tested.

It passed all the tests that it could . I mean the ones that worked on my computer .

I am relieved .

Thanks everybody for your help.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
XPSP2 firewall does not have outbound protection. It will fail ALL the leak tests.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
kalpik said:
XPSP2 firewall does not have outbound protection. It will fail ALL the leak tests.

have u tried it after installing onecare?? as it does boots the performance of IFC a gr8 deal...

vln_0007

Broken In
i installed jetico , but my internet connection has become very slow any remedy for this . my connection is 512 kbbs . its not allowing IE to access the net , even i have granted all the permissions to IE . reply asap

fatguysmart

The Blessed one
The Avast Home edition which I am using has detected the forllowing sample of tropan in the application stated in Firehole Test(Test no.3).I am also posting the screenshot.Plz tell me if this is normal.
Also I was not able to launch that application/test.After i click the Start test tab,Windows reports eooro message.

Same trojan found in Copycat test too!

Code:
Screenshot of Avast Message:*i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/fatguysmart/Trojan.jpg

Last edited:

abhijangda

Padawan
These firewalls used for testing are not latest one. Give me adress of a webpage which contains latest firewall used for testing purposes.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
comodo firewall passes all leak tests and is currently #1.

Just check out its website. And lo its free for everyone.

NOTE: I am not paranoid about security so myself using ligh firewalls like Ashampoo Free Firewall or PCTools Free Firewall.

abhishek_del

Journeyman
Thanks for the info
I am using Windows XP Home with SP1, ZA Pro, Webroot Spysweeper and Avast Pro

1. Leaktest - Passed
2. Tooleaky - Passed
3. Firehole - Passed
4. Yalta - not found on server
5. Outbound - File not available o server
6. PCAudit -Passed
7. AWFT - All tests passed with 10 points (yipee)
8. Thermite - passed
9. Copycat - It says "windows cannot access the file..May not have appropriate privileges to access" but i m logged in as admin..makes me worried
10 MBtest - Passed
11 Wallbreakler - 4th test not passed..rest passed
12 PCAudit2 - not passed
13 Ghost - Web site not working so cudn't dload
14 DNS Tester - passed
15 Surfer - Passed
16 Breakout - again site not working
17 Jumper- Not working
18 CPIL - passed
19 PcFlank - Not passed

I don't know why some of the files weren't there on the server...This disappointed me

gaganlok

Right off the assembly line
I was looking for a security suite (Firewall+antivirus+antispyware) coz i dun like installing diffrent security software for every diffrent type of threat, Which is also light on system resources and yet offer effective defence.
I checked many review websites like Cnet, and decided on three major giants >>> ZONE ALARM INTRNET SECURITY SUITE 7
>>> NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2007
>>> KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 7

I downloaded the trial versions and tested each suite one-by-one using highest settings in the above mentioned website firewallleaktest.com

Here is the result...

tests----------ZAISS7---------------- NIS2007 -----------------KIS7

Leaktest-------PASSED -----------------PASSED---------------- PASSED
Tooleaky-------PASSED -----------------PASSED ----------------PASSED
Firehole--------PASSED -----------------PASSED ----------------PASSED
Yalta----------PASSED ------------------FAILED ----------------PASSED
PCAudit-------FAILED -------------------PASSED ----------------PASSED
AWFT---------FAILED -------------------FAILED ----------------PASSED
Thermite------PASSED -------------------FAILED ----------------PASSED
WallBreaker----FAILED -------------------FAILED -----------------FAILED
PCAudit2------PASSED -------------------PASSED ---------------PASSED
Ghost---------PASSED -------------------FAILED -----------------FAILED
DNStest-------PASSED -------------------PASSED ---------------PASSED
Surfer---------PASSED -------------------FAILED ----------------PASSED
Jumper--------PASSED -------------------FAILED ----------------PASSED
PCflank -------FAILED --------------------FAILED ----------------PASSED

First of all i want to tell u dat...
Every firewall monitors two major functions...
1) Action performed by any suspicious program within the computer FOR EXAMPLE modifying registries, modifying other applications etc.
2) Unwanted access to Internet by any program.

In Zone Alarm and Norton above two functions are integrated, whereas in Kaspersky these are seperate areas first one is called PROACTIVE DEFENCE (very sensitive, even more than Zone Alarm,) and the second one is called simply FIREWALL. They can both be turned off seperately. I turned them on while testing.

ZoneAlarm passed some tests foolishly because everytime, it alerted with same message that this application wants to open Internet Explorer.....if allowed, it fails the test badly.......whereas Kaspersky explains exact and correct cause everytime and notifies. Norton didn't ask anything at all and failed the most tests.

In PCFlank test Kaspersky alerted that confidential data is at risk. Zone alarm Failed the test, but it didn't allow me to open PCFLANK.com when i clicked the button VIEW RESULTS because of its antispy site blocking. Norton neither passed the test nor blocked the access to the website.
So the most dangerous of the risk was handled by Kaspersky.

In AWFT test..

Kaspersky Firewall----7______AWFT----3
ZoneAlarm Firewall----0_____AWFT-----10
Norton Firewall-------0______AWFT----10

Clearly Kaspersky is the winner!!
Also.....

There was no option in NORTON to turn it off temporarily, so using resources even when there is no connectivity to the net and the user like me wants to play some games. It Used lesser resources than its previous versions and a bit less than ZA.
ZONE ALARM can be turned off...but it takes about 35 seconds to shut down and start up. Used most resources than the other two.
KASPERSKY can also be turned off and also quick, it takes just 4-5 seconds to shut down and start up. It Used least resources.

and KASPERSKY's ANTIVIRUS IS NO.1 (World Knows).:) and an adition of a webantivirus (scans scripts).

So Kaspersky is the clear winner. I'm gonna buy KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 7 now.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys i am using vista along with KAV 2009 .. please sugggest me a good firewall with anti malware, anti key log and all other stuff which KAV cant handle ...

i did a antikeylogging test and failed .. with my current setup...

please i need ur suggestions guys .. i dont want to bloat / slow down my system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom