Firefox 8 is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

In the zone
Latest ver of Firefox is available now Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Free Download

& Thunderbird Mozilla Thunderbird

Firefox 8 comes with the usual slew of security and stability updates, but also comes with numerous new features. One of the most interesting new features is a check Firefox performs after installation, where it lets you see the status of your addons' compatibility with the new version, letting you enable / disable addons as desired.
*www.thinkdigit.com/Internet/Firefox-8-released_7897.html

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Looks like Mozilla too have jumped the bandwagon for race in Version numbers. There features are not really new.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
version upgrade is always good but too rapid upgrades just irritates users...last week I had upgrade to FF7 & now FF8.. :(

Krow

Crowman
Rapid version number updates don't irritate chrome users. :lol:. Stop complaining about version numbers and enjoy the browser. Firefox crashes very rarely for me. And I have noticed that ever since they switched to a rapid release cycle, chronic issues/bugs like memory leak are getting fixed and new features are being added faster. :)

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Rapid version number updates don't irritate chrome users. :lol:. Stop complaining about version numbers and enjoy the browser. Firefox crashes very rarely for me. And I have noticed that ever since they switched to a rapid release cycle, chronic issues/bugs like memory leak are getting fixed and new features are being added faster. :)
Agreed. Memory usage goes down after every update.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
They should have used x.yy like version numbers (which they have used till version 4). Now suddenly, they started to change their base version number. Base version number should be conserved for any heavy change. Overall performance of ff is very good. So, they makes up their sort comings by that part.

masach315

War4Peace
I'm still toying with FF 5.0, not willing to move beyond due to compatibility issues with my carefully chosen addons!!!!

At the same time, couldn't resist moving to Chrome, hey... it's faster!!!!

doomgiver

Warframe
firefox : fix what is broken before announcing new releases, PLEASE!!

stopped using firefox after FF5. too slow.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ opera starts even more slowly. Chrome is fastest of the lot.

also FF9 beta & FF10 alpha is out. if this continues, it'll go past Chrome before the worlds end.

Krow

Crowman
I abandoned opera because it many sites are not optimized for it. I remember there was a time when the submit button on Flickr just wouldn't show in opera but would be fine on Firefox. Many such incidents led.me to the slower but hassle-free fx.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Firefox 8 solved regular crashes that used to happen in Firefox 7. It's using a little less memory & little faster too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom