Find Your " Similar Artist/Genre "-Music Lovers Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
get the last 3 metallica albums- nothing else matters, the unforgiven and "black"- not sure about the name of this one. Really awesome, neat mixture of their regular thrash stuff and ballads.if you like metallica you definitely need to check out pearl jam
Im more of a classic rock fiend, so if you need any suggestions in that genre i'd be happy to help.
In newer bands, alterbridge is definitely awesome.
does anyone here like jazz?- my fav's are louis armstrong, stan getz and john coltrane.
PS- I would suggest that any GNR fan should avoid "taken by trees" version of "sweet child of mine" like the plague. Axel's version is just the best.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
i love Linkin Park, Godsmack. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Pink Floyd, Metallica

any suggestiions ?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^lolz

anyone knows a band similar to thrice(the best m'f'n band 2day,no substance abusers,no alcoholics,no cliched lyrics,no selfish solos,no thoughtless choruses,etc. in short a compelling listen for any genre fan)

also any similar band to sigur ros.

you can find most accurate similar bands at sputnikmusic.com

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Coldplay are not God, but their new album is amazingly great. I'm totally in love with it.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^You havent taken a deep dive into the ocean :p

I have taken a great dive , my friend trust me. And thats why I'm saying. Just cause its hyped or mainstream doesnt mean its bad!!! :))Its a soothing music at best.....

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
also any similar band to sigur ros.
Kwoon
God is an Astronaut
Explosions in the Sky
World's End Girlfriend
This WIll Destroy You
The Album Leaf
Eluvium
Massive Attack
Mogwai
Portishhead
Team Sleep
Boy in Static

I have taken a great dive , my friend trust me. And thats why I'm saying. Just cause its mainstream doesnt mean its bad!!! :))
have u seen all the bands apart from mainstream ones, even i haven't.
They just keep on popping out from nowhere and sticks to the mind.

Coldplay isn't bad but its isn't as astounding as people rate it:!:

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I havent been around the world through ocean.....But i'm swimming....lolzzz......

I'm not a coldplay fan, but Viva La Vida is great......and no falsetto too.....:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah the Radiohead falsetto punch, lol....creep is the on I like from their album.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Heard to coldplay's latest album.. I too didnt like..

Again..i heard nearly all the songs from tired... Albums within temptation....man i love it...

Again thanks guys for introducin me to this artist...

Thanks...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Falsetto isn't bad!!! I like when Radiohead or Muse does it:) But Coldplay sounded better without it :) And creep is Good, but nowhere near to RH's best(Let Down or Jigsaw Falling Into Place for me)!!!

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Coldplay isn't meant to be listened on pc speakers or anything like that imo.u need depth and field.the new album is all about its dynamics and so was x and y.try doin that u will love it.its very different .the recordings are varied from studio to church halls (they actually recorded there instead of using reverbs) which creates a dynamic environment.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Coldplay isn't meant to be listened on pc speakers or anything like that imo.u need depth and field.the new album is all about its dynamics and so was x and y.try doin that u will love it.its very different .the recordings are varied from studio to church halls (they actually recorded there instead of using reverbs) which creates a dynamic environment.

+1. The sound dynamics are awesome... on the album....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
i loved Coldplay's new album's song called Viva La Vida (thats the name of the album too! so it means title song :D). the song is awesome.

Kenshin

meowww meoww
I love evanescence, esp Open door...check out broken by seether feat amy lee , forgive me,anywhere,takin over me....i mean the whole of the album fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom