Finally started my blog, review wanted or ur suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi,

I've finally started my blog , visit technostarry.com

Many members have told me from this forum to start a self hosted blog . So here it is :lol:

Now give me some suggestions, anything positives & negative points also.

Thanx.

mrintech

Technomancer
Change Permalink to this format: *example.com/post-name/ - More SEO Friendly Structure. Read more here: *codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

Also install Google XML Sitemap Generator: *wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/

Also browse: *www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q...oq=essential+wordpress+plugins&fp=7nTKbX4LYnI

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It's a very good blog. You could improve a tad on the english, try posting more "guide" type of articles, and maybe reviews too if possible. I'm actually willing to help in posts and every other way.

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Yes thanx comp@ddict, I've approved all ur comments. And what do u mean by "You could improve a tad on the english" , do I do gramatical mistakes or something like that or my language should be more techie??

@mrintech, I use this format for permalinks "/%category%/%postname%/" . I don't know y but this structure *example.com/post-name/ is not working for me. If i apply this structure then whenever anyone clicks on any post to read more, it gives an error of page not found.

So i m currently using "/%category%/%postname%/" for now. And that sitemap plugin seems good, i would apply it soon. Thanx for ur suggestions .

mrintech

Technomancer
@mrintech, I use this format for permalinks "/%category%/%postname%/" . I don't know y but this structure *example.com/post-name/ is not working for me. If i apply this structure then whenever anyone clicks on any post to read more, it gives an error of page not found.

So i m currently using "/%category%/%postname%/" for now. And that sitemap plugin seems good, i would apply it soon. Thanx for ur suggestions .

The structure is OK too. No need to change it.

Don't forget to submit your site map to *www.google.com/webmasters/ and *siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

Submit only when you have generated the sitemap using that sitemap plugin ;)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yes thanx comp@ddict, I've approved all ur comments. And what do u mean by "You could improve a tad on the english" , do I do gramatical mistakes or something like that or my language should be more techie??
Some li'l grammatical, and try to create a persona in ur writing, one that wriggles into the reader's mind, and update with one post per day minimum, and not that it's a 200 word article without any visual images no, the images get more points than the writing in this case.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER

Nice blog site. But I think what he meant was you make some 'typo mistake' here and there. Sometimes you don't use 'capital letters' in the starting line. When a reader reads it, he/she may not find it professional writing you see. So be careful about that. :)

Other than that, everything looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom