Broken In
Gonna go and buy these tomorrow:-!

Intel core i5 2500k:cool:
Gigabyte Z68 XP UD3r:|
Corsair Vengeance 1600 mHz 8 gigs
PSU:Could'nt find seasonic .so goin for the coolermaster one...650w
Asus GtX 560 ti:mrgreen:
Seagate Barracuda 1 tb (Total:1+1=2tb)

Any suggestions for the mobo part?Thought of goin Asus-but Price too high or should i Say Overpriced.(maximus gene z):shock:

OP
V

Vamsisd

Broken In
have you even cared to check the PSU blacklist thread?

Yeah---Long time ago....
What happened was:Yesterday I Went to CTC,Parklane.Hyderabad...to buy The seasonic psu.
I asked in about 10 shops...some even said they were hearing the brand for the first time.
and what they all showed me was the shitting zebronics and frontech ones....After i told them about my 560 ti...they showed me CM.
And yeah....i even saw that the efficiency rating of that model was lol 70%.
And i could'nt find corsair too...
That's why waited for a bit.....Thought to ask you guys about a better one and Where i can get them and then go and buy.:mrgreen:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. Buy TX650V2 from Primeabgb.
2. If it is not absolutely necessary, don't buy 1TB HDD. Buy 250GB one and buy 1TB HDD at least 6 months later from this time.
3. The money you have saved by buying 250GB HDD instead of buying 1TB HDD, spend that in motherboard. Buy Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 or MSI Z68A-GD65 instead of Gigabyte Z68 XP UD3r, cause UD3R is not a good overclocker.

Just my thoughts here. Do as you wish. ;)

OP
V

Vamsisd

Broken In
Frankly dont want to spend more than 12000/- on a motherboard...I thought i would get the gene z ....but it's 14.2k now.So shifted to this.
That ud3 got Tom's Hardware recommended buy.
I know That site has a pretty bad reputation nowadays.Suggest any mobo below 12000/- and i would listen.I would save for the hdd and get a 570....if there's any chance.:wink:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Frankly dont want to spend more than 12000/- on a motherboard...I thought i would get the gene z ....but it's 14.2k now.So shifted to this.
That ud3 got Tom's Hardware recommended buy.
I know That site has a pretty bad reputation nowadays.Suggest any mobo below 12000/- and i would listen.I would save for the hdd and get a 570....if there's any chance.:wink:

Sometimes spending 2K extra on a quality motherboard have lots of advantages.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
PSU, Cabinet & Motherboard are often overlooked by people while upgrade thinking they doesn't matter much but truth is exactly opposite.

OP
V

Vamsisd

Broken In
Hello again.Decided to wait for the New Z77 boards to hit the streets here in hyderabad.Better connectivity and better choice for future upgrades ---Mainly aiming for the Gigabyte z77 x ud5H..and a couple of other ones.I could'nt find the z68 stock at Ctc.....
And they told me the z77 boards should be available in the last week of this month.
Good choice?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, wait for Z77 chipset based mobo and it's not only good but a great choice ;-)

Top Bottom