[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitm_001

Broken In
The website needs to reflect the Digit magazine. It should have more content. At present we have only four sections. Plus the homepage must be updated and the format should be completely changed. You won't notice any change in website if you are seeing it even after a week.

The colour scheme needs to be more vibrant. The forum colour pattern can have a nicer shade of blue like the one used by Windows XP.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Disbling HTML code was understandable in the SIGNATURES but Why vBCodes hv been disabled in SIGNATURES? :(
Pls enable vBCode in signatures...

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
ul have to make it better........a more sophisticated look.............its too outdated.........more urban colors........3D buttons........better organized

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
amp said:
& we dont get any alerts when ppl reply 2 ur post or any other post where u have replied ...

alerts as in email in ur inbox ...
You need to set this in the User CP under Edit Options

Go to the Default Thread Subscription Mode section and select Instant email Notification.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Great !

add more themes...

Were is the memberlist dropdown box with stuff like arrange by date,posts etc ?

abracadabra

Journeyman
first of all the sites like yours lacks a professional touch seriously and having to place google adsense advertisement on a professsional magazines website is seriously wrong news that u r indirectly sending. another rhing is that as most forum sites on the internet follow a general rule of following the address like this ::: *forums.websitename.com ::: (here in this case the website name is thinkdigit hence the complete address wuld b *forums.thinkdigit.com

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys i did post before if we could use our digit ids to recieve mail and send mail to y! and hotmail.

Raiden Bee

Broken In
Move the whole forum structure to IPB instead of vBulliten
Just look at IPB forums, they look awesome
And all the changes that have ever been mentioned will come automatically with IPB.
Or you could use phpBB.

vBuletin is fast but IPB is awesome

Here is the link to IPB
*www.invisionboard.com/

Also here is the list of features
*www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/products/board/features.html

I also request all users to go to this site and see if it is better or not

Last edited:

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
New colour theme....

And this one error I get most of the time

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 30 characters. "

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Ya the Thirty character Roadblock shud Be certainly cleared
After all a smile can be worth a thousand words
ANd the theme is getting dull

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well u guys could include a option in the DIGIT site (thinkdigit.com), where the subscriber could login check their account info, when their copy is being dispatched and also see the courier info who would be delivering the copy.
As u see, I am not getting the mail regarding the dispatch of my subscriber copy and everytime have to mail Digit for the info. I know that ur customer care is there but during holidays they are not available.
And moreover you will have direct contact with the subscriber and could improve ur service for better (like say if the courier service does not deliver the copy in time, a customer can inform u immediately).
Look into my request and see if its viable. Thanks.

Last edited:

zero

Broken In
Couldn't find a link to request RSS feeds from ur site

Please take my suggestion to provide RSS feeds if not already provided.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I miss the "Unanswered threads" option in PHPBB. Anyways here is a mod/hack for vB (official...)

*www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63008

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Yes, yes, we know. I'm hoping you took that survey - it'll be an important deciding factor for the massive overhaul Thinkdigit is going to go through.

mohanty1942

Journeyman
I don't know whether this is the right place to comment.

One small problem which needs to be attended. That is on Thinkdigit Forum's Search Page not giving proper result when multiple keywords are entered.

Previously it was good as there were options to select

(a) " Find posts that contain all the keywords" &
(b) "Find posts that contain any of the Keywords enterd"

But now these options are not there. Please correct me if I am unable to see these options.

tuxfan

Technomancer
At the first opportunity, remove ad-sense !! It looks pretty cheap on a site that should have corporate looks!! IMHO, in its current state, its derogatory!

Change the looks of the site!! It seems to have been done by someone at home with a computer! :| You have so many resources! Run a contest for a template in the magazine or forum and you will have hundreds of options before you! You also havea few in-house visualisers. Assign the task to someone and let him/her work on it for a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom