[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnels

Live The Dream!
The Homepage looks so ordinary, first thing bring some life in the homepage. It looks so cheap

jay4u

In the zone
To be basically thinkdigit means thinkdigit.com/forum... about the website... its pretty crap... and that too i am saying the least..... i have not visited it for months...... and visit directly to the forums.... i wonder soo many geeks are here to run such a wonderful forum but the team at digit are not working about their website.....

Frankly, its a shame to call urself the fore runners of technology magzine with such apoor website.. which is called the FACE to the digital world..... And are these reasons is enough to have a few of ur geeks who drool over modded gaming rigs and still to release products spare a quick gaming session on regular basis and opt for improving it.....

Its like indian goverment... india striving economic growth on IT and services and hardly their is any web presence about their goverment... similarly is the case with DIGIT....

Please update the site.. it really needs a face lift.... we are here to help you people... and dont mind if my words were very harsh....

i dont know whether this is the right place to post, well my suggestion is on digt patron.
Almost all the prizes in the dgit patron program are not that usefull for many of the readers.
so, if there is some offer like "free subscriptions to digit" it will be helpfull for many news stand readers like me.
Infact i have 300 points with me and i dont know what to do?

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
why is the site down all of last nite

anyways,
i think its high time we get the Bazaar section back
i know the risks involved, but i guess we can take them
how abt putting a warning, or a disclaimer ,

but please get it back,
all the rival forums have it tooo

g_goyal2000

Youngling
jay4u said:
To be basically thinkdigit means thinkdigit.com/forum... about the website... its pretty ****... and that too i am saying the least..... i have not visited it for months...... and visit directly to the forums.... i wonder soo many geeks are here to run such a wonderful forum but the team at digit are not working about their website.....

Frankly, its a shame to call urself the fore runners of technology magzine with such apoor website.. which is called the FACE to the digital world..... And are these reasons is enough to have a few of ur geeks who drool over modded gaming rigs and still to release products spare a quick gaming session on regular basis and opt for improving it.....

Its like indian goverment... india striving economic growth on IT and services and hardly their is any web presence about their goverment... similarly is the case with DIGIT....

Please update the site.. it really needs a face lift.... we are here to help you people... and dont mind if my words were very harsh....

Ditto. The site is c_r_a_p. The previous site was better looking than the current one. Atleast, it had links to some useful, but outdated articles.
The new site is s_h_i_t.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
pratheesh_prakash said:
i dont know whether this is the right place to post, well my suggestion is on digt patron.
Almost all the prizes in the dgit patron program are not that usefull for many of the readers.
so, if there is some offer like "free subscriptions to digit" it will be helpfull for many news stand readers like me.
Infact i have 300 points with me and i dont know what to do?

I have got 380 points with no good gifts to redeem them with.
All the privided gifts are old & have been given previously as part of magazine, CD/DVD.

Captain Crime

Journeyman
the site SUCKS
i dunno wat is the problem in making a good site by such a big company.

As 4 the gifts.well they r throw aways.
only Encyclopedia is worth taking

lyroj

Broken In
A DIGIT BLUFF?

:evil: Guys ,
The "home companion" article in the jan 2006.seems to be a bluffed up one.

Under the value pc the digit award went to HCL Ezeebee 4981 priced @ Rs24,990 with P42.6Ghz,512MB DDR,17inch CRT monitor.,combo drive

I had been to the HCl website recently and had a check on the same PC Ezeebee 4981 what i found was two pC`s with the same name.but none of them matched with the digit config.

Did digit cheet us all?

Or an error from part of digit?
you can see the file in the following link

"*www.hclstore.com/img/Ezeebee pentium.pdf"

COPY THE LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO VIEW THE FILE

g_goyal2000

Youngling
rana_punjabi_sardar said:
SWEET SNEHA said:
and guess what...................they haven't updated their website still

its 3rd of nov

they are lazy 4 sure
Totally agree man! and the guy at digit are not alone in this lazyness competetion, the chaps at Chip are a bit more lazy. Don't beleive me? Check out there web site chip-india.com

Atleast chip-india.com is filled with links & other stuff.
thinkdigit.com is lame as a lama.
The site is nothing but a page with few useless links.
Even I could have done better than that.
I know...

I just designed 2 sites - one for my semester project & the other for my assignment. And they both contained more links than thinkdigit.com & were more attractive.

My suggestion

I think that guest posting should be allowed in certain channels of the bulletin boards.
Also,I think that in any message,signatures are needed more than :roll: `Avatars` :roll:
So I guess disabling signatures is not as useful as is disabling `Avatars`. :)

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
and only we readers are reading this thread i think. No digit representatives have read it or replied till now...

visualreactor

Right off the assembly line
Why not actually make something instead of ask the forum members what to make ? That way we can offer our views. This thread has been going on for a long time and I have my doubts wether the Digit team is serious about any if not all of the suggestions given here. I think instead of all this nonsense you'll [ the DIGIT team ] should just make a straightforward, clean, site and leave room for expanding the site. And don't say the present thinkdigit.com is CLEAN. The layout is just done rashly and the colours are ugly in my humble opinion.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
The website www.thinkdigit.com loads very slowly even
on broadband!! I think it's time to upgrade the Server.
The 'search' option does not give accurate results.
The latest hardware prices listing would also be very
helpful. How about using some eye-candy cool icons?
Overall the website needs some more improvements.
I think you guys have the potential & the resources
to create India's best website.

anubhav_har

In the zone
JGuru said:
The website www.thinkdigit.com loads very slowly even on broadband!! I think it's time to upgrade the Server. The 'search' option does not give accurate results. The latest hardware prices listing would also be very helpful. How about using some eye-candy cool icons?
Overall the website needs some more improvements. I think you guys have the potential & the resources to create India's best website.

I agree with JGuru completely.. i'm on a 512+ connection and Digit's site is slow as snail. Its really time to upgrade the server.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I think thier software is fked up or something... sometimes while blowsing even when digit isnt down, I get a critical error and on refresh it goes away... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom