g_goyal2000

Youngling
Darthvader said:
Hey How come the site never loads in the afternoons
I mean The main site does but the forum does not seem to load at all
And i sometimes get a pHP BB could not connect error
BTW i am on 512 kbps bband

I agree.
And the site sometime comes down for a whole day.
I mean whether I try in morning, afternoon, evening, night, it's always down. What's the problem??
Are they trying to upgrade to the new phpBB v2 ??

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok now the site is off da hook. Its nice to see this after what had gone thru with the members and the mods. Wow, man u really pulled it off this time. Could u do a favour for me change the color scheme pls. (Red is bad 4 me)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
First congratulations to all members/mods/admins for the new Board :)
Its really looking nice but Very slow :(
All sites r opening very fast here but not this forum...

One suggestion also!
The Quick Reply is activated once we click on the "Quick Reply" button in any post. This is very irritating! The Quick Reply option should be activated by default, members should not be forced to click on the quick reply button to activate it!

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Vishal Gupta said:
First congratulations to all members/mods/admins for the new Board :)
Its really looking nice but Very slow :(
All sites r opening very fast here but not this forum...

One suggestion also!
The Quick Reply is activated once we click on the "Quick Reply" button in any post. This is very irritating! The Quick Reply option should be activated by default, members should not be forced to click on the quick reply button to activate it!
The "click for quick reply" thing is so that you can:
1. Quote the message you're replying to, and
2. Get an RE: Subject line so that you know which post you're replying to even if you don't quote it.

We like the idea, but will consider changing it if too many people cry about it.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
1) Please use diffrent color rather than red.it looks cheap ! !
2) Reduce Page size to save brandwith of bb users & time of dial-up users

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
First of all,

A Hearty Congratulations to the Digit Team for a new and improved look of the Digit Forums.

I would like to add that the Links and content (newly added) are a treat to see but regarding the colour that is being used for the Forum is a bit bright, rich and strain to the eyes. Please try to reduce the brightness of the color used.

The relaunch of the siggy section (signatures) in the posts are a welcome treat, but please make sure that users do not advertise and/or post images/flash icons/links in their siggies. It will spoil the look of each thread and will often distract the users from the original topic and there is no continuity in the threads. Siggies look good only with the text which adds a tinge of humour and defines a unique identity to every user.

Overall, the forum is really promising. Happy posting in the Forums. :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

sakumar79

Technomancer
As Vishal pointed out, requiring quick reply to click first on a post slightly defeats the purpose of a quick reply... Perhaps the quick reply button on each post can be changed to "Quote in Quick Reply" - ie, the quick reply form will be available directly for editing, and by clicking the Quote in Quick Reply button, one can automatically add the quote code in the post...

Secondly, I too feel that the color is too bright... The previous forum layout with bluish tones is much more easier on the eye...

Thirdly, out of curiosity, what is the status of reinstating the old mods and admins? Any talks going on within team digit and also between the mods and team digit?...

Other than that, I think things look good so far... Wishing team digit good luck with the new forum interface....

Arun

Last edited:

hsnayvid

Journeyman
Well
finally got a new look.

I'll take some time before I get hang of this new look.

BTW I can't get Quick Reply to work.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
hey the new forum is absolutely rocking yaar. Cool interface...:cool: :cool: . Anyway, congratulations to the new administrators and moderators. And the site loads fast too, and there are a lot of new features. Now that's what I call a forum of a leading technological magazine in India.

blackpearl

The Devil
First of all, congrats to Digit for the new forum.

But..... why vBulletin yaar?? It consumes more bandwidth. I will run out of my BW before the month is half over. I prefer PHPBB :(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey guys from on..
there is no need to click quick reply to ativate Quick reply but what about our avataars?

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
nithinks said:
User interface looks good than ever! the site is also fast compared to before

after all it is vBulletin and costs bucks lol

A theme would surely make it look much better!!
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
been waiting for this transformation for ages.
finally it has happened!
vBulletin is the way too go even if it consumes more bandwidth.
thanx for increasing the avtar size.
i suggest some more themes be introduced though this aqua colour is good.
BTW wat is rep power.well one thing i cud find tht it has nuthin to do wid post count.
and ya have the resident techie,digizited etc status tags been completely removed for senior members and junior members??

kayote

Broken In
finally... u guys have done it again... now it looks really wonderful and the color is a blessing :)
much faster more easier to user...... u guys have done your homework!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom