Favourite PDF reader

Which is your favourite PDF Reader (by usability)

• Adobe Reader

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Foxit Reader

Votes: 76 67.9%
  • PDF X Change

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Sumatra

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Others

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Using Foxit so far...can't remember when I last used Adobe Reader. Foxit is good, but sometimes the text gets garbled, i.e. a part of one word overlaps the next word. Have you guys faced such a problem?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I've faced these minor glitch on the old versions of foxit and zooming into that portion solved the prob most of the time.

@ a_rahim - so for some multimedia content embedded pdf file we still need adobe acrobat reader and it's available for linux too - can you try with that ?

Rahim

Married!
^Downloaded size for Linux:
Foxit : 3.5 MB
Acrobat Reader : 63 MB :(

What does that pdf do exactly? It just opens in fullscrean but doesnt do anythng? Tried in Okular and Foxit but not in Acrobat.

INS-ANI

In the zone
foxit rocks... i liked the image copy feature of foxit.. with adobe i have to prnt screen and paste in paint and then blah blah steps...
with foxit.. just select the region and u r done.. the image is on ur clipboard....

Foxit is more innnnnnnovative ,fast and wats more.. its simple.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
have you guys ever tried Nitro PDF reader ( it's has a pro version too ) - it has earned decent ratings in some magazines.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I guess Foxit Reader is my choice. I used Adobe Reader for quite some time but then I realised I just couldn't waste 200MB of disk on a PDF reader. When I used Foxit, it was light-weight, easy to use and just felt good!!

_VascoZ_

Right off the assembly line
Foxit's the best one. The ONLY issue I feel is that it 'sometimes' fails to open certain docs, for which I have to use Adobe Reader. But, it has happened to me maybe 4-5 times till date.

Top Bottom