Farcry loads 2 slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Padawan
hi guys, i tried out farcry,......the loading times are like hell on my 256 RAM,usually takes abt 5 min, the game runs smoothly though.

is there any way to speed up the loading??? damn.....it loads even slower than FEAR & Quake 4

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
naah.. except 2 upgrade ur RAM to at least 512 MB OR decrease the texture details !! Yup, it loads slower than Q4 and FEAR !! what is ur graphics card memory btw ??

paul_007

Padawan
Stalker said:
hi guys, i tried out farcry,......the loading times are like hell on my 256 RAM,usually takes abt 5 min, the game runs smoothly though.

is there any way to speed up the loading??? damn.....it loads even slower than FEAR & Quake 4

which processor ur using i have heard that FAR cry is dependent on processor speed or type of processor rather than gfx card.......

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nah won't help.Try and increase the memory to atleast 512MB or at the max 1GB .The game demands heavy load times due to the extensive texture and cinematic cut scene loading.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yeah. ram makes a lot of difference on FC. With 512 mb u can feel the diffference.
U have big loading time as the heavy files are loaded into virtual mem on HD instead of RAM. With at least 512 ram most files are loaded into ram nd u get much better loading time. Also it boosts your windows startup time and u can see overall system peromance boost with lots of ram.

OP
Stalker

Stalker

Padawan
@rockthegod
thx....setting the texture details to low decreased the loading time by some amount..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom