Far Cry 4

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
The Shangri-La missions are superb. Full with hindi dialogues and the white tiger .. just love it

Btw is the difficulty higher in the Himalayas as compared to other missions ?

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Completed far Cry 4

Story is amazing. Neither killed Amita nor Sabal , not even Pagan. Finally rested Ishwari Ghale's ashes and Pagan gave me Kyrat :D

12/17 Towers liberated. Must play

Rating : 9/10

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
So, after installing the game, it immediately asks for update... which is 3GB. Then again, it installed another update which is 1.3GB. Then again, a 39 MB update. And these updates were compulsory.

My question is, despite all this, why can't I notice a single change in the whole game? No cutscene so far, no framerate improvement, nothing. Where is this update going? Some Anti piracy ****, is it?

And secondly, Ubi claimed that an internet of 256 kbps is needed. Did Ubi even calculate how much time these updates would've taken on 256 kbps? I mean, why do they recommend specs like fools?

And does anyone have the changelog for the updates we're getting?

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
An update helped in my fps going a little higher than before and also the NVIDIA gfx setting was removed.

Thats all I know

PS : A new loading sign and no loading music also :D

quicky008

Technomancer
I've started playing fc 4 but sometimes i experience so much lag and stuttering that the game becomes almost unplayable-the situation worsens particularly while driving through the streets of kyrat,when the stuttering becomes really unbearable.Has anyone else experienced the same issue?Installing the newest patches has made no difference at all.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
It doesn't stutter for me, but yeah I experience some fps drops while driving and flying. I use patch v1.5

What are your system specs?

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't stutter for me, but yeah I experience some fps drops while driving and flying. I use patch v1.5

What are your system specs?

quicky008

Technomancer
^at what resolution and settings do u run it-i'm playing it with most of the options set to medium/low at 1600*900;I've found a workaround that has eliminated the stuttering by a huge margin-just changing “DisableLoadingMip0="0"” to “DisableLoadingMip0="1"” in gamprofile.xml has worked wonders in my case.And i have a core i5 with 8gb ram and geforce 450 gpu.To learn more about this fix,you may visit:
Far Cry 4 News - Far Cry 4 Big Fixes - Stuttering Fix, Intro Screen Skip And Disable Mouse Acceleration

ratul

█████████████████
I've started playing fc 4 but sometimes i experience so much lag and stuttering that the game becomes almost unplayable-the situation worsens particularly while driving through the streets of kyrat,when the stuttering becomes really unbearable.Has anyone else experienced the same issue?Installing the newest patches has made no difference at all.

even i get lags and stuttering while driving/flying, thing i have noticed is constant "on" state of my HDD activity led on my laptop, indicating heavy disk activity, maybe it loads map on the go and 5400rpm drive on my laptop isn't fast enough to keep up with it, so it hangs for a second or two while loading is complete.

eureka

Banned
Depends on your specs mate.
It will lag on most systems though, just look at Ubisoft's forum, even people with 980 reported lag! Optimization is below average of the game, but still make sure to use the latest patch, which is 1.06 I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

I am loving this game. So many things to do and played continuously from 11.30 am to 8.30 pm.
LOL. The day I played the first Shangri-La mission I so loved it, and played from 1 in the morning to 12 noon next day.
It's a lovely game. The small touches of Hindi (the curse words especially, the background music with tabla, the voice narration of Shangri-La missions along the story, all so beautiful.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, anyone of you who have played the game a bit, could you help me with my problem?

I've updated 3 patches to a point where no new patch appears. I'm playing on my laptop, the specs of which are in my signature.
The game is badly optimised and its not playing well, even on my small display. That's not the big problem though.

The bigger problem is, I'm stuck in the game. I've done 1-2 intro missions and I'm at this town where Amita tells me to hunt down a couple of wolves using arrows, for an old lady who owns a farm.
After this mission, I do a mission to unlock a radio tower.

Now, I'm seeing only one mission on the map, which is of Longinus (L)...

However, when I go close to this mission, immediately my game crashes and Windows asks me if I should check online for a solution, or just close the program. I've checked online, but nothing happened at all.

Its same in both online and offline modes. I'm not able to proceed, because everytime I go near this L mission, my game is crashing again and again....

By the way, in the Help I read that you can go to both Amita and Sabal and take missions as per your side... So, can I take Amita/ Sabal's missions in a specific location without an icon on the map?
If yes, where is this location (so that I can continue my game)?

Can anyone help me out?

I've done only 2-3 missions so I can restart the story mode, if you're sure it would help..

Last edited:

eureka

Banned
Guys, anyone of you who have played the game a bit, could you help me with my problem?

I've updated 3 patches to a point where no new patch appears. I'm playing on my laptop, the specs of which are in my signature.
The game is badly optimised and its not playing well, even on my small display. That's not the big problem though.

The bigger problem is, I'm stuck in the game. I've done 1-2 intro missions and I'm at this town where Amita tells me to hunt down a couple of wolves using arrows, for an old lady who owns a farm.

However, when I go close to this mission, immediately my game crashes and Windows asks me if I should check online for a solution, or just close the program. I've checked online, but nothing happened at all.

Its same in both online and offline modes. I'm not able to proceed, because everytime I go near this L mission, my game is crashing again and again....

By the way, in the Help I read that you can go to both Amita and Sabal and take missions as per your side... So, can I take Amita/ Sabal's missions in a specific location without an icon on the map?

Can anyone help me out?

I've done only 2-3 missions so I can restart the story mode, if you're sure it would help..

Can't say anything about the game's crash, might give a look or ask in Steam community?

About Amita/ Sabal mission, one mission, one choice. For example you have chosen Amita's for the time being, but that doesn't mean you will have to choose Amita's mission for upcoming missions too, you can choose Sabal's if you want it. No, there is no specific place where you can go and have a mission of Amita or Sabal, you will have to continue with the game and at right time A or S will appear on the map.

kartikoli

Busy!!

Can anyone help me out?

Capture an outpost and you will have more side missions available, I would advice to start looking for animal skins.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, just restarted with a new game, and my problem is not solved.

Can't say anything about the game's crash, might give a look or ask in Steam community?

About Amita/ Sabal mission, one mission, one choice. For example you have chosen Amita's for the time being, but that doesn't mean you will have to choose Amita's mission for upcoming missions too, you can choose Sabal's if you want it. No, there is no specific place where you can go and have a mission of Amita or Sabal, you will have to continue with the game and at right time A or S will appear on the map.
I haven't purchased the game from Steam. I got it preordered from Flipkart.

I have completed one mission for Amita and one for Sabal. Amita's mission about those wolves and their den. Sabal's mission of liberating the belltower. Then, Sabal phones me up to say that Longinus is the solution to the problem.... Since then, when I approach Longinus, the game crashes.

So, clearly, I have to do the Longinus mission now.... And that is not happening due to this crash. And nor has a patch arrived so far.

(But I think I successfully did this mission before updating it with the 1.2 GB patch.)

Capture an outpost and you will have more side missions available, I would advice to start looking for animal skins.

I can't escape the area, it gives me a 10 second timer.
Secondly, there's no other bell tower in the accessible area, except the one I captured in the very first mission for Sabal.

The problem is the game crashing on approaching Longinus... Can anyone help me?

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Just varify your game files using UPLAY and it will be fixed.

Thank you so much buddy. :) It took me some time finding the verify option as I started game directly using shortcut, but it was in the Uplay software.

It told me that a "number of files" are corrupted and offered repairing the files, and then a 90 MB update was needed, and that worked.
The Longinus mission worked ok & I went ahead to see the first Balance of Power mission today. Will play more tomorrow.

Again, thank you for the problem solving... :)

Top Bottom