Far Cry 4

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Campaign missions are done by approaching the Golden Path symbol on the map(or A for Amita and S for Sabal). It's also possible you might have to do Huntley's missions(W) or Longinus' missions(L) before further campaign is unlocked. (Assuming you don't have the black map glitch-where you can't see the map at all).

P.S- Press tab on the map to bring up legends and mess with what you can/can't see on the map. Very useful when you buy maps from the store.
All right, so I gotta do all those missions which say Y or L or H to get my next mission? Hmm, I thought there were side missions. When I move the cursor over any one of those icons it says do a mission for a that specific person, it doesn't say it'll continue my campaign as well! Confusing!
Next is the Bhadra Mission I think, if you have done that then it's Yogi and Regge(Y) mission which is the Noore mission.
I think I have done the Bhadra mission, not sure though.

I just did that arena survival mission, and now I see A (Amita's mission) back in the map!

By the way, where to find the A Key To the North mission, if anyone has already done that? It unlocks two more health slots, and I badly need that :p If an Eagle could take away almost two health slots then they should have given a dozen of them :p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
All right, so I gotta do all those missions which say Y or L or H to get my next mission? Hmm, I thought there were side missions. When I move the cursor over any one of those icons it says do a mission for a that specific person, it doesn't say it'll continue my campaign as well! Confusing!

I just did that arena survival mission, and now I see A (Amita's mission) back in the map!

By the way, where to find the A Key To the North mission, if anyone has already done that? It unlocks two more health slots, and I badly need that :p If an Eagle could take away almost two health slots then they should have given a dozen of them :p

Key to North comes much later in the campaign I think. It unlocks a lot of things especially weapons. Eagle takes 1 in mine. :/

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Key to North comes much later in the campaign I think. It unlocks a lot of things especially weapons. Eagle takes 1 in mine. :/
Oh okay. Do you know how that mission will be marked, I mean under A or S or someone else's?

Maybe the Eagle takes away one slot for mine too, but it's damn irritating, as it happened so many times. Another weird and annoying thing is I got run over by passenger cars at least 6-7 times.
:lol:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Oh okay. Do you know how that mission will be marked, I mean under A or S or someone else's?

Maybe the Eagle takes away one slot for mine too, but it's damn irritating, as it happened so many times. Another weird and annoying thing is I got run over by passenger cars at least 6-7 times.
:lol:

wow you really do suck at FC 4.

I have just let Noore die myself.

$hadow

Geek in making
I suck at every game, but yeah I don't like this forest stuffs, they just look good!

What? Why? I mean why did you just say that? Damn! Spoiled!

That was what happen in FC 3 as well if you choose one to kill your friends.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Here's it....

View attachment 15029

UPDATE: I solved the problem. Apparently, its a bug. If I keep it in the default specified "Low" graphics setting, the game works ok.
When I change any individual Graphics setting, making it from "Low" to "Custom"... This Blurring happens. So, when I changed Environmental Detail from Low to Medium, this blurring started....

Needless to say, at this stage, we're all expecting some regular updates... Its not stable yet, we can all feel it.

About the Game: Its just the starting and I can't understand whether Pagan Min hates Ajay, or likes Ajay for being Ishwari's son.
I mean, Min didn't capture him properly... Nor was there much torture to Ajay, Darpan although got a lot of pain... Ajay just escaped on his own.

What is this? (Step-)Father-son family rivalry to be settled later, or a proper battle?

dude spoilers........... use spoiler tag.........

- - - Updated - - -

eagle killing is easy u just have to listen....... there is approx 5 sec delay before sound and attack.............

Akira

Augmented Nerd
All patriots are sons of b!tches: My Campaign Review(Spoilers Follow)

If you followed Sabal go to Jalendu to see the real ending. If you followed Amita, go to Tirtha.

SPOILER ALERT!!

I played FC2, FC3, and FC:Blood Dragon. And neither of the 3 left as bitter a taste in my mouth as Far Cry 4 did. Make your choice: Amita or Sabal? The She-Devil or the Traditionalist Psychopath? Here, the choice isn't between the two lesser evils...it's between two people who are as-if not more-crazy than Pagan Min himself.

Amita wants to build infrastructure using drug money-which is fine, as long as you don't end up growing opium for ALL your future needs, and in the end, turning Kyrat into a drug state, worse than even Columbia, perhaps. Sabal, on the other hand, is a freaking Mohan Ghale fanboy, with no plan for the future, except a belief that the Tarun Matara and the gods will see him through. Honestly, he is more of Mohan's son than AJ ever was. Mohan this, Mohan that-not only did he know your father, but idolises him, sticking to every traditionalist belief. He has a true fanatic's edge to his actions, from enforcing people to follow Kyra and a bitter hatred for Amita's views(by the end,anyway).

So where do we come in? Instead of listening to both Amita's and Sabal's proposals and making our own, we have to "Choose the lesser evil" and follow along like a good little lapdog. Again and again, we see that people believe in us: whether it be Rabi Ray Rana, or Bhadra, or the common people/soldiers of the Golden Path. "You can break this stalemate", "I believe in you", "Bhaijaan, I want to thank you personally", all Ubisoft had to do was give us a third option-make people rally behind us, and give both Amita and Sabal the finger. It wouldn't even be that difficult, considering we do all the shooting, capture all outposts/radio towers, and kill all of Min's lieutenants.

As for the plot itself, it wasn't half as complicated as I initially thought it was. The Yuma angle was completely wasted(where she thinks Min was destroyed because of Ajay's mother). Yuma doesn't do anything at all to even try and overthrow Min. Then there was Noore, maybe the biggest fail on Ubi's part. Honestly, she could have been a great ally to Ajay's cause(Not amita,not sabal's, but AJ's). But the choice we get is kill her, or let her commit suicide. Hell, AJ doesn't even try to save her(and honestly, with Noore, how exactly will the Shanath Arena go on?). She could have at least tried revenge on Paul's family(on his daughter,Ashley). It's clear that we are supposed to see the ironic situation with Paul Harmon, where his family thinks that he's away on business trips and bringing back 'gifts'; but what's the damn point?? We never see or hear about them later anyway. Yogi and Reggie,as well as Rabi Ray, steal the show(though RR could tone down on the Youtube references. And bacon? Kyratis eat bacon?)

As for Pagan(the saving grace of the characters) himself, the closest I can compare him to is The Governor from the Walking Dead series. His child with Ishwari(Lakshmana-honestly, that's a boy's name, but whatever)is killed by a fanatical and jealous Mohan Ghale-who in turn, is killed by his wife and AJ's mother Ishwari(and then she runs). This leaves Pagan a wreck, an recluse in his Palace for 10 years, and when he comes out, as he admits, does "pretty horrible things." Bans religion, starts killing deserters and random people for fun, all in all, becomes a tyrranical douchebag. But Troy Baker's voice acting and your personal relation to him makes him the coolest guy in the game. The random snips of Pagan's wisdom help, too.

It's a disservice if I mention campaign and don't mention Shangri-La. Discovering the thangkas lead you on the journey of Kalinag(who at times sounds eerily like John Abraham) who connects with you, especially if you know Hindi; and Shangri-La is just fantastic. Fighting rakshasas with a tiger and an elephant at your side, like a boss!! Speaking of boss, the last boss battle in Shangri-La is the best in the whole game. It's complicated enough to keep you engaged, but not so difficult as to become frustrating. BTW, keep an ear out for the "Mystical Guru" tune-it's how you find seekers in the levels and listen to a few more lines of dialogue.

There are 4 endings to the game: 1. Follow Sabal. 2. Follow Amita. 3. Wait for 15 minutes after Pagan offers you Crab Rangoon. 4. Kill Pagan/Let him go(here, after you let him go, you can shoot him down by shooting the helicopter with Grenade Launcher or LMG). You can just kill him at the dinner table, but where's the fun in that?

As for the additional Hurk's missions, they're OK. The Speed movie mission is freaking awesome though. The Himalaya and Longinus' missions become the same damn thing over and over again. You curse in frustration after Longinus sends you to find the 100th freaking blood diamond.

Frankly, the best thing about the campaign is: It's forgettable. Unremarkable. With the splendour of Kyrat around you, Co-op, and the Map-editor, you don't pay attention to it. But still, it's frustrating as hell when you to to Tirtha and see what Amita is doing for the "Sake of Kyrat's Future".

Iam hoping for an additional DLC, where we and Pagan get to "Tear sh!t up!!" and wrest control of Kyrat in our own hands.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Finished the game yesterday night, can't believe the final stage was that easy! Very weird given the earlier stages were much more difficult!

But I am having few queries going through my mind since finishing it. If anyone knows the answers to them please mention here. Using spoiler, for people who haven't yet played it DO NOT click on it, seriously, used double spoiler just to be safe :D

Q1: I didn't kill Pagan Min in dinner table. Something told me I would get a chance later. But then when he was flying away with his helicopter I shot it down with the rocket launcher. Now I had that launcher from the previous stage (where the rebels and I captured his fortress), thus I could take out the launcher and shot it. But what would happen if I didn't have it? Would Pagan Min just flee away, cause it'd not be possible to take it down with guns right? Or was there a launcher lying around that place (where Ajay left his mother's ash)? I didn't really notice!

Q2: Who is Kalinag? A demon or a saint sent to kill demons? Confusing! Cause when I was playing as Kalinag I was killing the demons by myself assisted with that tiger. But then again as Ajay I was asked to kill Kalinag!

Q3: Who is Yuma? I mean that awful looking *****? What relation does she have with Ajay?

Q4: What happened to the half old guy whom we see at the beginning travelling to Kyrat? Dead I suppose, killed by Pagan Min's thugs?

Q5: I didn't kill Amita. Would the story have changed if I had killed her?

Q6: This isn't a spoiler but I want the OST of this game, very much.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Q1: I didn't kill Pagan Min in dinner table. Something told me I would get a chance later. But then when he was flying away with his helicopter I shot it down with the rocket launcher. Now I had that launcher from the previous stage (where the rebels and I captured his fortress), thus I could take out the launcher and shot it. But what would happen if I didn't have it? Would Pagan Min just flee away, cause it'd not be possible to take it down with guns right? Or was there a launcher lying around that place (where Ajay left his mother's ash)? I didn't really notice!

Q2: Who is Kalinag? A demon or a saint sent to kill demons? Confusing! Cause when I was playing as Kalinag I was killing the demons by myself assisted with that tiger. But then again as Ajay I was asked to kill Kalinag!

Q3: Who is Yuma? I mean that awful looking *****? What relation does she have with Ajay?

Q4: What happened to the half old guy whom we see at the beginning travelling to Kyrat? Dead I suppose, killed by Pagan Min's thugs?

Q5: I didn't kill Amita. Would the story have changed if I had killed her?

Q6: This isn't a spoiler but I want the OST of this game, very much.

Here, this might make things slightly clearer:

1. You can shoot Pagan or not. If you want to, you can either to it at the dinner table, or when he is flying away. No, it's not really necessary to use a RPG or grenade launcher to shoot the heli down(it's very fragile, actually). I shot it down twice with the buzzsaw LMG. Only difference if you kill him is that you get to loot his body and a message 'The king is dead'.

2. Kalinag is a great saint sent by King of Kyrat in ancient times to find Shangri-La, heaven on earth. He becomes SL's protector. When fighting Yuma, you are drugged and hallucinate; in that vision, you are the Rakshasa, devil of Shangri-La and Yuma is Kalinag(meaning you are apparently the antagonist). When you 'kill Kalinag' you actually kill Yuma-in the real world. In the thangkas, you are kalinag, trying to protect SL.

3. Yuma was an orphan, adopted and brought up by Pagan's father alongside him. She is ferociously loyal to Pagan, his best lieutenant. When Ishwari and Pagan become a couple, Yuma takes offense. When lakshmana dies, Pagan's spirit breaks, and Yuma thinks that 'the whore' led him astray and broke him. That's why she despises Ajay so much, because she sees the soft spot Pagan has for him.

4. Darpan-yeah he's dead. We never see him again.

5. No, story doesn't change. If you followed Amita, she asks you to kill Sabal. Same case.(note go to Jalendu temple to see the real ending-if Sabal. If amita-then go to Tirtha outppost.

6. Ost by Cliff Martinez, Drive's composer. Main song.: the clash-Should i stay

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Here, this might make things slightly clearer:

1. You can shoot Pagan or not. If you want to, you can either to it at the dinner table, or when he is flying away. No, it's not really necessary to use a RPG or grenade launcher to shoot the heli down(it's very fragile, actually). I shot it down twice with the buzzsaw LMG. Only difference if you kill him is that you get to loot his body and a message 'The king is dead'.

2. Kalinag is a great saint sent by King of Kyrat in ancient times to find Shangri-La, heaven on earth. He becomes SL's protector. When fighting Yuma, you are drugged and hallucinate; in that vision, you are the Rakshasa, devil of Shangri-La and Yuma is Kalinag(meaning you are apparently the antagonist). When you 'kill Kalinag' you actually kill Yuma-in the real world. In the thangkas, you are kalinag, trying to protect SL.

3. Yuma was an orphan, adopted and brought up by Pagan's father alongside him. She is ferociously loyal to Pagan, his best lieutenant. When Ishwari and Pagan become a couple, Yuma takes offense. When lakshmana dies, Pagan's spirit breaks, and Yuma thinks that 'the whore' led him astray and broke him. That's why she despises Ajay so much, because she sees the soft spot Pagan has for him.

4. Darpan-yeah he's dead. We never see him again.

5. No, story doesn't change. If you followed Amita, she asks you to kill Sabal. Same case.(note go to Jalendu temple to see the real ending-if Sabal. If amita-then go to Tirtha outppost.

6. Ost by Cliff Martinez, Drive's composer. Main song.: the clash-Should i stay

Thanks a lot for this. You helped me to clear almost all the confusions.

Still I have one or two : (Damn I loved the story of the game)

5: I went to Jalendu temple before (I mean before asking here, but after completing the campaign of course) and I saw that Sabal's followers were killing some traitors, shall I say, by cutting their throats, and Bhadra was sitting as Tarun Matara or something, are you talking about this ending?

And then after seeing all that I did a weird thing actually, right there (for fun, and curiosity). I went to first floor of the temple and used that mounted LMG to kill Sabal and all his followers! And now when I go back and forth to the temple I don't see Sabal any more, but his followers are there! So is he really dead? And people don't blame/attack me either!

Also where is Amita? Escaped from Kyrat I suppose?

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Thanks a lot for this. You helped me to clear almost all the confusions.

Still I have one or two : (Damn I loved the story of the game)

5: I went to Jalendu temple before (I mean before asking here, but after completing the campaign of course) and I saw that Sabal's followers were killing some traitors, shall I say, by cutting their throats, and Bhadra was sitting as Tarun Matara or something, are you talking about this ending?

And then after seeing all that I did a weird thing actually, right there (for fun, and curiosity). I went to first floor of the temple and used that mounted LMG to kill Sabal and all his followers! And now when I go back and forth to the temple I don't see Sabal any more, but his followers are there! So is he really dead? And people don't blame/attack me either!

Also where is Amita? Escaped from Kyrat I suppose?

Huh, you actually liked the story? I was really disappointed. It was a big letdown, especially from the fantastic buildup in FC3(read my review above for other reasons).

Yeah, you can technically 'kill' Sabal or Amita in either of these endings. I too, killed amita after she walks away from me in Tirtha. She enslaves children of the villages to work on opium farms and kills Bhadra. No, they're not counted as dead(I don't think). This isn't Fallout,after all. Killings of major/even minor characters only happen in cutscenes.

If you let Sabal/Amita go, they just leave. I was thinking maybe a 2nd civil war, but nothing like that happens. Everything else remains the same.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Any one got the latest update? I am not sure if mine was updated or not, how big is the update?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Any one got the latest update? I am not sure if mine was updated or not, how big is the update?

Got the new update . I think size was around 650 mb , not sure . If the nvidia option from graphics is removed , then your game is updated . In any case if you game is legit , you cant play it online without latest update .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Got the new update . I think size was around 650 mb , not sure . If the nvidia option from graphics is removed , then your game is updated . In any case if you game is legit , you cant play it online without latest update .
Its legit, I haven't played it since Sunday, also 650 MB gets downloaded within 2 mins so I could have missed that. will check if nVidia option is removed to confirm.

Top Bottom