Far Cry 4

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^barely, At least for me 1~2 FPS gains in places. Not significant enough. Some less stuttering while driving tho.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
btw Bengal Tigers in Nepal ??!! :-x And i'm making wallets again from their skin?!! Does it not make Ajay Ghale the most bloody despicable poacher ever?

- - - Updated - - -

just delete patch.dat in win32folder.All maps will become visible.

patch 1.03 doesn't do that. Deleting that patch file will break HBAO+ as well.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
guys..whats different in FC4 than FC3 ?

1. Graphical fidelity, its just so immaculate in almost everything, the illustration and characterization of the Himalayas and its devoted valley is astounding. the lush, the snowy mountains, awe-inspiring view of moonshine and sunrise over resplendent peaks, the jungle and wildlife so rich and abundant with life, it feels real, and i'm going to be biased here, whatever nvidia offerings are there in this game, is absolutely beastly, the godrays, soft shadows, HBAO+ they play seamlessly well to provide image quality and effects which are strikingly beautiful. Trees, temples, villages, caves, grassy valleys, snow canyons, lakes, waterfalls...all splendid, just set any point to map as way-point, set your car to auto-drive and enjoy the view. Get lost in the world, and you wont regret it.

2. Wild-life, overwhelming and sometimes can raise eye-brows but the copious amount of life-experience and the exotic animal-line it offers is beyond great. The only thing I hate is killing Rhinos and Tigers, those could very well be left aside from being involved in petty crafting, just for the sake of being a little more rational.

3. Weapons, vehicles and access to elephant rides and other fun stuff, side-missions and the related quest benefits are interesting, nowhere near boring and repetitive which is markedly a plus. New introduction of outpost master quests, eye for an eye quests, hostage rescue, these are refreshing and gave a nice intrigue point for side-missions and to have a purpose for doing them. Bell towers are somewhat more comprehensive than the watch-towers from last game, innovative too.

4. Character design, voice acting, dialogues, cultural and native references aligned with story-line, quests, and generic population of in-game NPC are HORRIBLE. Ubisoft, there is no shortage of Indians in the world. You took the crappy stereotyped ones and asked them to write those lines for you, why? Cliche ubisoft, cliche!

5. Story...hmm.no spoilers, but above point will somewhat contribute to its apparent triviality, which I believe will finally meet up in loose bonds and soulless ending.

Alok

Adventurer
Well what do you expect. They should had hired a Indian person for that for that but they didn't. We gotta live with this idiocy. :p

Exactly. Hindi dubbing crew would have made it awesome. I was dreaming the voice actor behind James Bond/Wolverine 's Hindi voice :wub:

Akira

Augmented Nerd
5. Story...hmm.no spoilers, but above point will somewhat contribute to its apparent triviality, which I believe will finally meet up in loose bonds and soulless ending.

^This. Far Cry 3's story was powerful. From the the very start, we grow very attached to Jason Brody, as his brother is killed and he too has to kill in order to survive(and his horror at it). Jason was originally an ordinary and immature slacker who lacks confidence. Now on the island, Jason develops into confident and dangerous individual, but also disturbed, violent, and unstable. Jason's sociopathic traits become more obvious as the story progresses, with Jason quick to accepting the violence(not to mention the hallucinations) around him and even quicker to get involved in killing, eventually admitting that he found killing fun and it felt like "winning". I also liked the Rakyat Warrior "Tatau" system.

On the other hand, we have AJ, whose first kill is a quick takedown. Honestly, we don't know anything about him-at all. Just a guy with a slight criminal past and whose father founded the Golden Path. That's it. Now he's in a civil war killing people so he can distribute his mother's ashes(it was nice of Ubi to not let the player fight at all in the alternate ending). Jason, on the other hand, is a true survivor by the end of the game. Obviously, I'd rather not go into the Vaas vs. Min debate.

BTW, for those who played it, what would you rate higher? Far Cry 3 intro and Bamboo Cage scene or Far Cry 4 intro and Crab Rangoon Torture scene??

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
ok looks like the driver update solved the problems with amd..........Far Cry 4 Benchmarked: Graphics & CPU Performance - TechSpot

gameranand

Living to Play
ok looks like the driver update solved the problems with amd..........Far Cry 4 Benchmarked: Graphics & CPU Performance - TechSpot

Oh man, thanks a lot for this news. :)
Although Crossfire is not currently supported by I guess that will be solved real soon as the article suggested that AMD is now working with Ubi to fix CF issues which majorly concerns me. :D

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
71 FPS what ? if thats average FPS they are showing on a GTX 970, then either they have turned down one or two settings OR they have some record breaking OC on the fastest GTX 970 available on market. OR its simply a bad benchmark.

Avg FPS on GTX 970 at 1.4 Ghz OC ( which is pretty awesome without voltage mod ) is 60-62 FPS at ultra, and MAX is 87~89 FPS.

That figure fits nowhere.

gameranand

Living to Play
71 FPS what ? if thats average FPS they are showing on a GTX 970, then either they have turned down one or two settings OR they have some record breaking OC on the fastest GTX 970 available on market. OR its simply a bad benchmark.

Avg FPS on GTX 970 at 1.4 Ghz OC ( which is pretty awesome without voltage mod ) is 60-62 FPS at ultra, and MAX is 87~89 FPS.

That figure fits nowhere.

They just made the settings Ultra. With no further tweak in settings whatsoever. They are using the vanilla Ultra settings and you might be using Ultra with more settings turned up, so that could be the reason.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
They just made the settings Ultra. With no further tweak in settings whatsoever. They are using the vanilla Ultra settings and you might be using Ultra with more settings turned up, so that could be the reason.

i am just relieved i would be getting 60 fps at ultra hell i dnt care abt other useless nvidia only settings..........

- - - Updated - - -

far cry 4 update 2 released..........

version 1.04
• NVIDIA HairWorks fully enabled for GeForce GTX gamers.
PVP + Co-Op Not
• Game no longer freeze if the player prinimaetna Op invite while in Uplay App after quickly select a storage device.
• Players will no longer experience a very low FPS, if they join others in PvP lobbly and Uplay browser.
• The game will no longer remain on a black screen, if they use the Fast Travel function just after the toll cinematic unlock.
• Fixed some issues that hinder the player to return to the Story mode on tab Co - Op.
progression
• Players can now reach 100% progress if they do not drive a snowmobile when the vehicle is available.
•Now Players will be able to achieve 100% progression after "Day 1" Patch applied.
Trophies
• Fixed problem when Trophies will not be rewarded for a few weapons.
Main menu
• The player will now hear the sound around you, if they come back tot he main menu of Uplay App.
Update v1.3.0
This is a list of known issues fixed in Day 1 Patch. Note that the patch for PC users contains a number of additional fixes - they indicated for the following remarks.
The stability and performance
• Fixed some random crashes in all modes of the game
artificial intelligence
• Fixed various edge animation case
• Fixed problems detecting cases of different boundary
• Fixed no VO on the edge of thematic reaction
Courtship, connectivity and replication
• thematic issues Fixed matchmaking edge
• questions and random edge themed Fixed host migration
• Fixed join unfinished edge thematic issues
• Fixed various problems replication between master and clients
• Fixed issues replication edge case with the systems
menu and HUD
• Fixed various menus edge and problems of overlap pop
• Fixed mission objectives and update issues
• Fixed Cooperative specific questions pop updates
• Fixed issues of little localization (cutoff text, subtitles)
• Fixed progression display 100% too early progress tab
• Polished textbook image
Mission Change (Campaign, Co-Op & Side materials)
• Fixed various low reproduction Passage Breaks
World and 3D
• Fixed various issues textures
• Deleted Rare floating objects
& Graphics Rendering Features (PC only)
• Fixed visualization capabilities that are not available in certain configurations
• Fixed a display issue with multiple monitors
• Fixed some visual artifacts; Adds SLI
and control inputs (PC)
• Fixed a mouse and keyboard functionality
in the game map editor
• Fixed some graphical distortion
• Fixed some cases question the edge with maps download

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I still have to wait for the crossfire updates but then, I am not going to play this one so soon either. Maybe after 6 months or a year. Too many games in Library begging for my time. :p

sutta_boy

Broken In
^This. Far Cry 3's story was powerful. From the the very start, we grow very attached to Jason Brody, as his brother is killed and he too has to kill in order to survive(and his horror at it). Jason was originally an ordinary and immature slacker who lacks confidence. Now on the island, Jason develops into confident and dangerous individual, but also disturbed, violent, and unstable. Jason's sociopathic traits become more obvious as the story progresses, with Jason quick to accepting the violence(not to mention the hallucinations) around him and even quicker to get involved in killing, eventually admitting that he found killing fun and it felt like "winning". I also liked the Rakyat Warrior "Tatau" system.

On the other hand, we have AJ, whose first kill is a quick takedown. Honestly, we don't know anything about him-at all. Just a guy with a slight criminal past and whose father founded the Golden Path. That's it. Now he's in a civil war killing people so he can distribute his mother's ashes(it was nice of Ubi to not let the player fight at all in the alternate ending). Jason, on the other hand, is a true survivor by the end of the game. Obviously, I'd rather not go into the Vaas vs. Min debate.

BTW, for those who played it, what would you rate higher? Far Cry 3 intro and Bamboo Cage scene or Far Cry 4 intro and Crab Rangoon Torture scene??

Far Cry 3 had a fantastic story, it was the story which got me playing the game thrice, the protagonist had real reasons to stay on the island compared to Ajay Ghale, Vaas became an iconic villain and Far Cry 3 an iconic game. Far cry 4 definitely improves the open world and game play but lacks the story, Ajay Ghale is already a bad-ass, no journey, no transformation.

I must commend that Pagan Min had only one scene till now ( for me ) but he seemed impressive.

So,

Far cry 3 vs Far Cry 4

Story - Far cry 3

Protagonist - Jason brody

Antagonist - Cant decide, haven't seen more scenes of Pagan min

tribe - Rakyat over Golden path

Game play - Far cry 4

graphics - Far Cry 4

Location - Tie

Over all feel - Far cry 3

Guns, cars, wildlife etc etc - Far cry 4

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
that's some butt-hurt rant i've seen in a while, just some posts ago, you were talking about selling your card :lol: Gosh who made that "grapes are sour" idiom

butt-hurt rant???? what's with u dude, how is the posting abt updates of the game and their driver called a rant ???????

i want to made it clear it to you , what i said........
ok ubishit have fckedd all their games now............ i am thinking of purchasing another rig with nvidia hardware, since games now are becoming company dependent...........wait better i will just go buy ps4 instead of spending 30k o9n a gpu......(should have done tat only instead of wasting money on a rig............
nowhere there i mentioned abt selling the card....... and what i wanted to point out in contrast to games like shadow of mordor which ran equally well on both amd and nvidia hardware companies llike nvidia are making deals with game fev so that they can favour their products while also ensuring to reduce other company's product status......... so it would be best to buy consoles now cause of this unhealthy competition by nvidia .......... you know what dragon age inquisition also came out recently but the thing is it was quite playable in nvidia cards not like the total disaster far cry 4 made with cards like 290x not playable at even med settings...........

and please mind your language while quoting specific replies........

also you really wanted this game to be it seems........

Top Bottom