[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

anky

Youngling
hello frnds. i have bought sony xperia go yesterday..it had ndroid 2.3 by default..today i got it updated to ICS(from service center)..but now its inbterface has become slow than before..my build number is 6.1.1.b.1.10
now what should i do..?...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
hello frnds. i have bought sony xperia go yesterday..it had ndroid 2.3 by default..today i got it updated to ICS(from service center)..but now its inbterface has become slow than before..my build number is 6.1.1.b.1.10

Could be many reasons. Perform these checks and actions:
1. Try reboot
2. Check if almost at-least 10% internal memory is free.
3. If memory is not free, try clearing cache and/or removing some bloated apps.
4. Install "Fast Reboot" app to soft reboot (means many apps in memory are restarted) and use it when you think phone is slowing down.

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

perform a hard reset.

Minion

Conversation Architect
somebody tried one power guard yet. its for rooted phone and it saves me lot of battery.make sure to select conservative in cpu governor.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Hi there,

My friend is having a Galaxy W which he brought from abroad. It's running on GB. It lags like hell. Sometimes, even opening the menu takes several seconds. So, he asked me if there is any way to make it work fast. I suggested him about rooting and installing a custom ROM. But, He doesn't anything about rooting and custom ROM. So, he asked me to do it. I don't want to brick his phone. So, I need your help on selecting a ROM and rooting the phone to install it. Note that this will be my first experiment with rooting. He wishes to use ICS or higher ROM.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi there,

My friend is having a Galaxy W which he brought from abroad. It's running on GB. It lags like hell. Sometimes, even opening the menu takes several seconds. So, he asked me if there is any way to make it work fast. I suggested him about rooting and installing a custom ROM. But, He doesn't anything about rooting and custom ROM. So, he asked me to do it. I don't want to brick his phone. So, I need your help on selecting a ROM and rooting the phone to install it. Note that this will be my first experiment with rooting. He wishes to use ICS or higher ROM.

Let's see:
1. He's your 'friend'
2. Your friend bought it from "abroad"
3. He's Android noob
4. You yourself have no prior experience in rooting.

All I want to say is "Stay the effing far away from his phone". If anything goes wrong he would be the last person who will forgive you.

There. Warning given. That being said if you truly want to help your fiend, then you can try rooting the phone. There is little chances of something going wrong in just rooting (and not messing with ROM's) By rooting you can atleast remove the bloatwares and install some apps like Cache cleaner which requires phone to be rooted. I would suggest not messing custom ROM's and first trying to optimize his phone with just rooting.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi there,

already have a dedicated thread for rooting W so read a bit and follow the instructions. as for Custom rom, better stick to Cyanogenmod 9/10. They are tried and trusted roms and pretty close to stock Android roms found in Nexus. Galaxy W I8150 Android Development

@Vyom, is O1 the only surviving lowend Android mobile not to be part of the ever growing Legacy devices at XDA?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vyom, is O1 the only surviving lowend Android mobile not to be part of the ever growing Legacy devices at XDA?

I didn't say that.
It's just that it's not 'his' phone, to take risk first hand. That's all. :p

Hey, is there any Android app to check who all r connected to ur hotspot, & allowing only few known device? This was there in stock 4.1.2 Samsung's S2 ROM.

Also any way to port Samsung's motion control features to AOKP ROM?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey, is there any Android app to check who all r connected to ur hotspot, & allowing only few known device? This was there in stock 4.1.2 Samsung's S2 ROM.

i last used some wifi hotspot app and it'll inform you who has connected to your hotspot and even allow to block them. can't remember the name but i guess all hotspot app has this build into them.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ will depend upon what samsung has integrated into the app. but i don't think it'll work correctly even on S4 because you never hover your hand above the camera. that will block the display itself.

amjath

Human Spambot

Its not possible cause CyanogenMod dropped mhl support for s2 cause mhl is closed source

Top Bottom