[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

Mr. Officer

Rookie
Re: [FAQ] Rooting, Custom Recovery, Custom Rom and Android Glossary

Sam,

The phone booted :mrgreen:

Only new thing I did was wipe again AFTER flashing ROM and not just before like every-time.

But then lost all contacts,messages etc [wife's phone, so you can imagine my plight] checked her google contacts but nothing there :cry:

The baseband version has changed - to OLD [please confirm] though making and receiving calls is no problem.

ROM flashed here is - cyanogen_thunderg-ota-eng.mik-6.5.8

[URL=*s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/jim_abhi/?action=view&current=screenshot-1339921598200.png][IMG]*i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/jim_abhi/th_screenshot-1339921598200.png[/URL][/IMG]

[URL=*s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/jim_abhi/?action=view&current=screenshot-1339921641757.png][IMG]*i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/jim_abhi/th_screenshot-1339921641757.png[/URL][/IMG]

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yes its old baseband. try upgrading baseband and you can test some really fantastic roms.

well maybe it was not sync'd with the google servers hence the contacts lost. i know how it feels when you loose all contacts. and turn the live wallpapers off. those will make battery run empty in less than 24hrs.

Mr. Officer

Rookie

Will turn off live wallpapers etc...

Now, how do I upgrade baseband ?

bubusam13

Human

Yakhuuuu... rooted my LWW as well as downgraded to 2.3

following these steps *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1709880

Last edited:

Mr. Officer

Rookie

Krishnandu,

I was on this version V10e-MAR-28-2011 and now on V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009 !!

Flashing miks CM7 has actually downgraded my BB ??

Please confirm.

Mr. Officer

Rookie

^^Just to be sure, I'm on this P500-v10E-baseband.7z and I need to switch to this P500-v20G-baseband.7z ??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Yes. You are on Old BB, you need to switch to New BB before trying out New ROM's.

You can also use Baseband Fix but that doesn't work all the times. (I guess)

BB Fix is a flashable zip which allows us to stay on Old BB and use ROM's based on New BB smoothly, without any problem :p

This has one downside, whenever you flash / upgrade ROM / Kernel you need to flash that Fix for your ROM to work .

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ thanks :) i plan to update it with a bit of new info.

Krishnandu,

I was on this version V10e-MAR-28-2011 and now on V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009 !!

Flashing miks CM7 has actually downgraded my BB ??

Please confirm.

once after updating rom mine one started showing 2009 date. a reboot fixed and 2011 appeared. so as long as it shows V10 its old (froyo base).

Mr. Officer

Rookie

If I try to run Nand restore I get a message that it cant find the requested folder on SD card - I remember doing a full Nand back-up ??

Other thing, I tried installing a few themes 3-5 mb apps from market esp. for CM7 - I cant apply them on phone - dont see them in menu interface - I do see them in manage applications but there's no option to apply from there ONLY move to SD card or vice versa.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

memory card have a nandroid folder? inside that should be nandroid or nand followed by the date as the suffix. else its gone.

are you sure you applied Cyanogenmod7 theme and not Cyanogenmod9 theme?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

If I try to run Nand restore I get a message that it cant find the requested folder on SD card - I remember doing a full Nand back-up ??

Other thing, I tried installing a few themes 3-5 mb apps from market esp. for CM7 - I cant apply them on phone - dont see them in menu interface - I do see them in manage applications but there's no option to apply from there ONLY move to SD card or vice versa.

Are you trying to restore the nand using the same recovery from which you had taken a backup?

To change theme you have to go to the home screen, and then press the menu button to get to System Settings. You should find a Themes options there.

Mr. Officer

Rookie

memory card have a nandroid folder?

Just checked my File manager → SD card -- No nandroid folder [chkd all folders, as well]

Are you trying to restore the nand using the same recovery from which you had taken a backup?

Thanks Vyom now I know why I dont see Nandroid folder anymore . I had flashed the CM7 ROM using AmonRA and after I flashed ROM I tried using the ROM manager which was bundled in ROM and d/l CWM recovery.

I still have the amonra.zip, if I flash it again will I be able to get the back up content [am not comfortable with CWM recovery, anyway] - I doubt it but please confirm.

are you sure you applied Cyanogenmod7 theme and not Cyanogenmod9 theme?

to change theme you have to go to the home screen, and then press the menu button to get to System Settings. You should find a Themes options there.

I got the themes working.
Menu → ADWlauncher → Themes preference → select from d/l themes from market.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Thanks Vyom now I know why I dont see Nandroid folder anymore . I had flashed the CM7 ROM using AmonRA and after I flashed ROM I tried using the ROM manager which was bundled in ROM and d/l CWM recovery.

I still have the amonra.zip, if I flash it again will I be able to get the back up content [am not comfortable with CWM recovery, anyway] - I doubt it but please confirm.

Similar incident happened with me too.
I took the nand backup of my stock ROM through TWRP recovery. Flashed AmonRa. Tried restoring nand. But couldn't, since the recovery changed.
Unfortunately for me, I wasn't even able to restore the nand, after I flashed TWRP recovery again, because of some TWRP internal bug.

But, I do think you will be able to restore Nand backup using AmonRa.

Top Bottom