[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
no.. im not prone to untrusted sources.. but android malwares are getting really really common.. why do you say antivirus is not needed?

- - - Updated - - -

Its working!!

White listed only whatsapp in mobile data.. Now no charge!

Android os is not using data anymore!!

Btw, do i need any other antivirus for root??

okay.. been running whatsapp on day the whole day at office.. no charge, except one time, for a 1KB data, i dont where it came from..

so its successful!! :doublethumb::clap2:

Well even if you report me then they won't do anything
Don't know about whatsapp+ but the rest are already on xda developers
And the add blocking just minimizes the ads and blocks virus sites

Guess what xda member rafalense created the mod
If you find anything other objectable in then report me
And please [MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION] dont report anyone before knowing all the facts
And the same applies to [MENTION=136188]Monk[/MENTION]ier

ithehappy

Human Spambot
And about that grow up thing...well I am 16 and a senior member at xda plus helped a lot of people there
You really think that because you are 16 and something in a darn community makes you a 'senior'? Anyway, that being told, the person who said that the post should be reported is pretty immature too, cause he didn't even bother to check the actual topic before commenting. He (arnabbiswas....) just compiled others mods into a topic which he created, he is NOT the author of the actual mods! Besides all the mods which are listed there, they all passed XDA's rules.
Damn :|

ankush28

Bazinga
So do you think peoples behind Xda will like Lucky patcher :lol:
Whatsapp+ can be considered as hijacked app cause they are asking for "money" to use PLUS features.(see w+'s XDA page links are already removed and huge warning of dmca takedown is there)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
apart from whatsapp+ the other links are Ok I think or unless XDA guys removes Op's thread / links there.

any tips & tricks for Nexus 5? :))

Loving the 'google now'. "Ok google"...

Root it.
Get the cyan light beam with cyanogenmod or run flying unicorn with aokp. If you get paranoid then paranoid Android is what you'll get and want all then pac man rom is the choice
You will get numerous mods for your rooted phone
Change roms, animations, look, etc still be possible from rooting

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Root it.
Get the cyan light beam with cyanogenmod or run flying unicorn with aokp. If you get paranoid then paranoid Android is what you'll get and want all then pac man rom is the choice
You will get numerous mods for your rooted phone
Change roms, animations, look, etc still be possible from rooting

anything without the need for root? :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
anything without the need for root? :p

yeah.. install root apps and then get frustrated when they dont run. :lol:

on a more serious note, once you root it, you can change everything and have control on everything. the possibilities are endless ;)

Top Bottom