Fallout 3

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
re: Fallout 3 --> Ready to exit Vault 101.

No we can't have two human companions although some missions are exceptions like that some Independence mission. Well if you use Dogmeat then you would care about him more than Flawkes. He is damn good. I mean that badass dog can kill a Deathclaw without dying. I think you got the picture of his strength.

Ok - I got the picture ;-)

If dogmeat dies, just install Broken Steel and select the dogmeat perk when leveling up. :D

^^ Now that's something new - never heard of that Perk.

BTW, are there any Mods available for F3 which will change the game completely - like CS mod for HL ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play

topgear said:
Now that's something new - never heard of that Perk.
Didn't played Broken Steel DLC???
topgear said:
BTW, are there any Mods available for F3 which will change the game completely - like CS mod for HL
Well there are many. Like some will make female characters in game nude. Some will give you scope for some guns and like that but I love the vanilla version of the game never really liked the modded version of the game. Tries some but didn't like them much. I would suggest to stick to vanilla version and just get all the DLCs.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Ok - thanks for the mod info but I'm not looking for character or weapon mods - what I want is a total game conversion mod which will add new quests and characters and change the vanilla game completely but probably there is not any total game conversion mod for F3 anyway.

gameranand

Living to Play

topgear said:
Ok - thanks for the mod info but I'm not looking for character or weapon mods - what I want is a total game conversion mod which will add new quests and characters and change the vanilla game completely but probably there is not any total game conversion mod for F3 anyway.
The only way to add a new quest is to get the DLCs if you haven't played any of them. There are 5 in total. And no there are no mod which will completely change the game or add any new quest.

Piyush

Lanaya

^^ Ok - thanks for the mod info but I'm not looking for character or weapon mods - what I want is a total game conversion mod which will add new quests and characters and change the vanilla game completely but probably there is not any total game conversion mod for F3 anyway.
you just reminded me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R mods
they do add a lot of side quests

btw DLC is the only option you have got

gameranand

Living to Play

Piyush said:
Never played any of em. I like sandbox type games but mainly if they are RPGs. Also I hate that radiation concept in that game as you somewhere in some radiation and your health goes down also there was no weapon modification and repair system at all. Weapon is bad then throw it. Damn I hate that concept.

Piyush

Lanaya

Never played any of em. I like sandbox type games but mainly if they are RPGs. Also I hate that radiation concept in that game as you somewhere in some radiation and your health goes down also there was no weapon modification and repair system at all. Weapon is bad then throw it. Damn I hate that concept.

you just missed a really good game bro
its a really good game...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Weapon repair and mod is present in Call of Pripyat Clear Sky

gameranand

Living to Play

Will try it then I have the whole damn series in ma PC just tried the first one and then dumped it. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

btw DLC is the only option you have got

you got the idea and I've completed all 3 titles.

The only way to add a new quest is to get the DLCs if you haven't played any of them. There are 5 in total. And no there are no mod which will completely change the game or add any new quest.

Ok - thanks a lot for the info and I've played and completed all Fallout 3 DLCs ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play

topgear said:
Ok - thanks a lot for the info and I've played and completed all Fallout 3 DLCs
Ah got it. So thats the reason why you were searching for quest related mods.:)
Well if you like RPGs that much you should try DAO then damn good game.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: Fallout New Vegas Discusion Thread

Started Fallout 3.

Any tips, came out of Vault 101.

gameranand

Living to Play

Faun said:
Go to megaton and complete "Power of Atom: Quest ASAP as it will give you your own personal room in megaton where you can come from anywhere to heal for free.

Complete Wasteland Survival giude as it helps you explore the map and gives you nice reward and a perk.

Conserve ammo as its not a plenty in this game.

Explore a lot.

And yes how can I forget get dogmeat as companion ASAP. He is a really helpful to you. In fact it should be on your no. 1 priority.

tkin

Back to school!!

Started Fallout 3.

Ok, let me barge in.

First when skill tag window comes up bump up your explosive skill to 25 or more, this is the least amount needed, after exiting the vault go to the nearby town Megaton and there you can accept mission from sheriff to disarm the bomb or you can go to the bar and accept the mission from mr. burke to explode the bomb, you can do whichever you like depending on whether you want to have good or bad karma, doing either mission gives you a place to stay.

Next, pick up sidequests from moira if you have chosen to save megaton.

A few things to remember:

1. Conserve ammo and as soon as possible get the scrounger perk, this will increase the amount of ammo found in crates, also note unlike fallout new vegas there are plenty of ammo found in ammo crates, I played this game like a dozen times and never I had to buy any ammo.

2. Bump up your small guns, repair and lockpick/science skill fast as much as possible.

3. Save atleast once every 30 mins. This game supports unlimited no. of saves, use it.

4. Explore a lot, first get dogmeat as companion, then you can get Fawkes as companion later and stick to him, Fawkes is like a tank, he can't be stopped. Keep him in your party and enjoy.

5. Alway look out for collectibles, if you have The Pitt dlc then collect teddy bears from start of the game and store in your room, they will fetch you a lot of money in that dlc, also same goes for camera if you have Broken Steel installed.

6. Before playing operation anchorage dlc post here, there is a glitch you can use to carry loads of ammo and weapons across from the dlc into the main game.

and stay away from Talon Gang members for sometime
Do you mean talon company? If so, he can't, its not his choice, as soon as his karma crosses a certain level and he saves megaton from the bomb and also kills mr burke talon company mercenaries will hunt him down, they appear randomly and sometime right after you exit from fast travel, so no way to stop them.

If he destroys megaton and his karma goes below a certain level(negative) the regulators(similar to talon mercs but good guys) will hunt him down.

I liked these mercs, they wear good armor, I killed them and took their armor, until getting access to Power armor I used to wear their armor all the time, lightweight, yet effective and looks good too. Plus they carry good guns as well, sometimes laser weapons.

gameranand

Living to Play

tkin said:
Explore a lot, first get dogmeat as companion, then you can get Fawkes as companion later and stick to him, Fawkes is like a tank, he can't be stopped. Keep him in your party and enjoy.
Yeah but Flawkes is only available if you rush through Story isn't it.
He is in a vault of which you get access to in story right????
tkin said:
I liked these mercs, they wear good armor, I killed them and took their armor, until getting access to Power armor I used to wear their armor all the time, lightweight, yet effective and looks good too. Plus they carry good guns as well, sometimes laser weapons.
Same here but just one difference. Never used their armor. I got Rangers Armor early in the game so only used them to repair that armor. I must say rangers armor is best in the whole game given the condition of fatigue and protection.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

I am in a village where fire ants roam and found the shack of scientist developing some robot.

So I should go to Magaton then ? Finding direction is confusing and the missions too. Like Borderlands can we know if the mission I am going for is of higher difficulty compared to my level ? Can we set the destination marker in the map ?

axes2t2

I am a cat

Complete Moira's quest first.Lots of benefits especially if you complete the secondary objectives as well.

And you can put your marker on the map.

gameranand

Living to Play

Faun said:
I am in a village where fire ants roam and found the shack of scientist developing some robot.
WTF??? You said you just came out of Vault 101 and reaching Megaton is easiest from there. Hell there is even a marker.
Faun said:
So I should go to Magaton then ?
Definitely.
Faun said:
Finding direction is confusing and the missions too.
Don't worry you'll get used to it.:)
Faun said:
Like Borderlands can we know if the mission I am going for is of higher difficulty compared to my level ?
No.
Faun said:
Can we set the destination marker in the map ?
Yes.

And hey revive the good old Fallout 3 thread this thread is for New Vegas not Fallout 3.

tkin

Back to school!!

Yeah but Flawkes is only available if you rush through Story isn't it.
He is in a vault of which you get access to in story right????

Same here but just one difference. Never used their armor. I got Rangers Armor early in the game so only used them to repair that armor. I must say rangers armor is best in the whole game given the condition of fatigue and protection.
Yeah, not rushing, I just got fawkes gradually and then started doing the sidequests, not because he was powerful but for the fact that he could carry the highest amount of load among all companions.

Rangers armor is good, but I never got it in game until later, and due to almost infinite supply of merc armors(plenty of talon mercs came after me) I stuck to it.

So I should go to Magaton then ? Finding direction is confusing and the missions too. Like Borderlands can we know if the mission I am going for is of higher difficulty compared to my level ? Can we set the destination marker in the map ?
Just follow the marker, press tab, open pip boy, open map, set the marker, now it will show on the compass as a green upside down arrow, follow it, keep the arrow in the middle of the compass and you will be going to towards it, hollow arrows refer to locations not yet discovered, you can also fast travel to any known locations by clicking on the map in the pip boy, fast travel can be invoked from anywhere except indoors, and does not require you to got to specific points like in borderlands.

Red line on compass denote enemies, green line denote friendlies.

Normally the game generates enemies according to your level, now you will face boatfly, dogs, mole rats etc, later when you reach level 10 around you'll face mutant bears(yao guai) and these are tough, also you'll face mirelurks and as you progress you will face higher levels of them. Deathclaws are the ultimate enemies in game, if you have broken steel dlc a dangerous type of ghoul may also appear around level 20, and albino rad scorpions, all three enemies can kill you in few swipes.

There is one exception to this rule, no matter which level you are in, north east part of the map will have some deathclaws in it(later when you reach level 20+, deathclaws will spawn everywhere), don't go there.

Also note due to a glitch a random deathclaw may appear around south west part of the map, just one, but if you see it, run like hell for now(you can't outrun it though, try jumping off cliffs or going in water).

In general there is no difficulty rule here, but if your science or lockpick skills are high, in certain missions its possible for you to skip dangerous areas, so that's it, there is no mission in game that you can not do at any level, there is always an alternate route(albeit hell dangerous).

Top Bottom