Fallout 3

gameranand

Living to Play
re: Fallout 3 --> Ready to exit Vault 101.

topgear said:
BTW, can we get something like Rebreather from fallout new vegas in F3
Actually you'll enjoy it more than Vegas because its better don't know why but its better. Better story and a motivation to cure the wasteland and in Vegas you live for yourself.

topgear said:
Never found that doc no matter how hard I try when I played this game - looks like I've to give this game a second wind - i've around thousand save file - so getting to that point might be easy enough anyway
Don't worry you'll get frustrated finding him. He's hard to track down I consider myself lucky because someone told me that is is on another part of the ship and I had environmental suit and I applied Rad away and after 15 min underwater I finally found him.

Have you completed Reiley Rangers side quest????

Piyush

Lanaya

how could you survive 15min water diving without a re-breather?

axes2t2

I am a cat

There are parts in the ship which you can come up to breathe.

gameranand

Living to Play

Piyush said:
how could you survive 15min water diving without a re-breather?
Who says you have to. You can always come to surface for air and then go back and also there are places in that broken part where you can re breathe and continue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Actually you'll enjoy it more than Vegas because its better don't know why but its better. Better story and a motivation to cure the wasteland and in Vegas you live for yourself.

yep, I've mentioned it several times that Fallout 3 is my most favorite cRPG game.

Don't worry you'll get frustrated finding him. He's hard to track down I consider myself lucky because someone told me that is is on another part of the ship and I had environmental suit and I applied Rad away and after 15 min underwater I finally found him.

Have you completed Reiley Rangers side quest????

I took the quest but I was not able to complete it - never found a way to reach the top of Statesman hotel - now finding my precious F3 save files o that I don't have to start from the beginning ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play

Actually you have to go to the top of Our Lady Of Hope Hospital and there is some kind of antenna at second or third level which will take you to the hotel and that'd the only way to reach the hotel then there will be some mutants which you have to kill of course and then you will go to the to but be sure to gear up pretty well because in the last part of the mission you have to save all the rangers from mutant attack and that'd be a hard fight also give some ammo to rangers before going through elevators so that they will help you to survive and of course themselves which if most important. I'll tell you my storey when my net gets back online because typing on phone is poison in ass for me.

Piyush

Lanaya

do you guys really think that the story of this game is better than the new vegas ?
i feel like the NV was better

i reached lvl 10 and just finished the mission in which we came to know about our dad -->dog in an awkward experiment "project purity" i guess.....all those missions cost me negative karma....

now i wanna ask you guys should i continue the story?

axes2t2

I am a cat

do you guys really think that the story of this game is better than the new vegas ?

i reached lvl 10 and just finished the mission in which we came to know about our dad -->dog in an awkward experiment "project purity" i guess.....all those missions cost me negative karma....

Same here.Played it three times till you have to go find "dad" in some old place and got bored.

But played New Vegas till the end :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Just finish the game and you will know why it's better than NV ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play

Piyush said:
Oh boy. I didn't got bad Karma in any mission at all till the end.
Piyush said:
Certainly. Complete and you know. Its the best RPG IMHO.

Piyush

Lanaya

so continuing it right now
the character's dad is gone
reached citadel
Cross is the companion right now

Tachyon1986

In the zone

I loved Fallout 3 (although it's nothing compared to Fallout 2 or 1). However, I found the storyline not very inspiring compared to the previous Fallout games. Combat was fun with the perk that gives more gore (shooting a conclave soldier to bits with Abraham Lincoln's rifle gave me thrills or a teddy bear from the Rock-It Launcher :D).

Coming to the DLC's , I've only played two. The first one sets you inside a simulation in Alaska and the second one sends you to Pittsburgh. The former I didn't like as it was way too linear, but the latter was well designed and you're forced to make lots of "lesser of the two evils" decisions. It was packed with shades of gray all over.

Damnit, now you guys made me feel like playing it all over again. I'm thinking of starting with a melee char now replacing my old sniper. I saw this video of someone ripping a Deathclaw to bits with his fists o_o . And I might go through all of the DLCs this time.

Oh btw , have you guys noticed this :

You can encounter alien wrecks in fallout 3 (even without the Mothership Zeta DLC) and find alien weapons. Sometimes , you'll even notice what appears to be a green streak of light in the sky that zips in front of you. When this happens, search around a bit in the area and you'll find cells for the alien blaster

gameranand

Living to Play

Yeah I know about aliens and their weapon.

In one mission about Reily Rangers.
Somewhere I read that there is some mission in Our Lady of Hope Hospital and the mission is given by some injured lady. So I got out to find that lady and hospital. I initially thought that the lady is in Hospital as she was injured so my common sense came there. I didn't had Net connection those days so I nearly searched the whole damn DC area and finally found that hospital and then I actually wiped out about every mutant in that area and also the surrounding. I mean nearly from DC area and when I found that hospital I got in and killed all the mutants and searched the whole place about 10 times for that lady but didn't found her so filled with sorrow I just wandered a lot in that DC area and got to museum and found that lady who gives us the mission. She told me to gear up pretty well and I did only to find that I had already wiped out most enemies there and only a few are left. The only time I got a real fight was when you have to rescue the rangers from inside building to out. And that was quite easy with my dear mini gun which I got earlier searching the DC area. This mission was kinda funny for me because I had already completed about 70% mission before even getting the mission. Although the rewards were awesome as it gave some kind of device by which I would get 10 or 20 bucks I guess 20 bucks for every location discovered and also the dear Ranger Armour. I must say that Armour was best in that game. I preferred it even over power armors.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^ I've only got power armor in F3 by but as you have said that rangers armor is the best I'm looking forward to it.

gameranand

Living to Play

topgear said:
I've only got power armor in F3 by but as you have said that rangers armor is the best I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah its the best
You see you get 39 DR. +1 Luck, +5 AP, +10 small guns.
All of this at just weight of 27 so I would easily say that its the best damn Armour. It gets repaired by power Armour and mercenaries Armour which are plenty in Wasteland. I used to just pick up the power armor, repair it to full and then sell to that girl in Megaton. That was the only role of power armor in my game. Although I did equipped them sometimes where I knew that there would be only power armor just to lower my weight. Otherwise I complete the game with this armor.

^ You will need to finish the Riley Rangers mission, or kill a Riley Ranger.

Fallout wiki is your best friends here.

gameranand

Living to Play

Piyush said:
where can i find this ranger armor?
You have to go for Reily Rangers side quest fir this armor. This quest can be started by two ways.
1. By Reily (She is in Underworld with Dr. Barrow or Marrow)
2. By Butcher (Just go near Our Lady of Hope Hospital and you'll get a radio signal. Listen and you'll start the quest)

I got this quest from Reily. If you don't have good guns and enough ammunition then this might be hard for you otherwise its easy peasy. If you are a good karma player then save all the rangers for big karma boost after that talk to Reily and she will give you a choice between a minigun or armor(I prefer armor) and if you are bad then just kill all the rangers and get the armor.

Piyush

Lanaya

i just received the GECK device
but according to the story, there is a sudden falsh and next thing i see is i am down and my geck device is about to get snatched away from me

the thing is i'm lying on the floor with that guy in front of me....and nothing is happening the game is in standby mode or something
my player is just looking here and there lying on the floor with those men standing around me

what should i do?

Top Bottom