Experiance of a Linux user-what he learned from past 10 years using Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learn foxpro, wordstar in 1993- because I am an accountant till 2003 I have to work throu' all M$ avatars in my office system.. but never learnt what is computer or what is Operating systm.. simply worked like a Zambie..Even when I first purchased my own PC preinstalled Windows XP-in 2003 I didn't learnt anything except exell and Office applications..

But after the introduction to Linux my life wholly changed...
Because only when you think freedom, enjoy the freedom, and respect the others freedom..You can live like a true human being..
For me Linux is Not simply a OS it is a religion...thousands of years ago our forefathers of this land invented manythings..But never felt to kept themselves..they offer their knowledges wisdom to others freely so the mankind can live long ago..
If you can analysed the Harappan's civilisation they built a small rectangular stone beds along the corridor walls, to allow the travellers to rest their, if necessary feed them..Athithi deva bava hospitality grownwith everyone born in that great land..
But after, the foreigners overrun and ruled the land for century we all forget what freedom is..What hospitality is?.. We completley forget our cultures and still we are using the western based cultures as our own..Patent,License all of them are westernised not compatible to ours it is alien to ours..

It was only when Linux come ...i found out what i missed for years..It is not simply about freedom.. it teaches brotherhood..it teaches affection and love..When a person is crying thousands miles away, a hand far away land come to his side and help him..

Critic say Linux is ugly.. it is useless.. it don't worth it..But I don't mind it because when I eat a stalled and tasteless food that my wife served, I only think about her love for me ...Hotel food may be tasty but it invite trouble beside emply your pocket...

Thanks for all the folks and Praka for posting a good topic.. there are still i have hundreds popints why I love Linux, what I learnt from it.. but I fear I'll waste whole of the bandwith of the forum!!

thanks for all,
vaithy
+1
an awssome post vaithy. But I think you forgot to mention some other things it helps in. Linux is all about learning and doing things yourself. It helps you innovate on a platform thats already been built for you. Its one of the most beautiful OSes ever, because it has beauty in two dimentions - both inside, and outside. It encourages us to explore and experiment. Linux is an OS that gave me everything. From knowledge to help. And I am not the type of person who takes things for free and does nothing back. I have taken the challenge to learn some good programming languages and return the community a favour by creating good programs. Because the FOSS community is like a brotherhood. We all help each other and learn from each other. There is no greed or selfishness here.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
WMP11 sucks in my Intel 915 Chipset mobo and P4 2.66 GHz. And thats reason enough to tell that it is nothing compared to the likes of Xine, VLC, MPlayer, etc.

Yah...everything Microsoft sux on your computer for some unknown reason while it works fine everywhere else...plz refrain from using WMP.

Yah...everything Microsoft sux on your computer for some unknown reason while it works fine everywhere else...plz refrain from using WMP.
works fine everywere else ? I have several friends with the same or similar config who agree that WMP sucks. Due to the fact that you are too used to WMP's slow loading time, you think that nothing can be any better.

vaithy

In the zone
+1
an awssome post vaithy. But I think you forgot to mention some other things it helps in. Linux is all about learning and doing things yourself. It helps you innovate on a platform thats already been built for you. Its one of the most beautiful OSes ever, because it has beauty in two dimentions - both inside, and outside. It encourages us to explore and experiment. Linux is an OS that gave me everything. From knowledge to help. And I am not the type of person who takes things for free and does nothing back. I have taken the challenge to learn some good programming languages and return the community a favour by creating good programs. Because the FOSS community is like a brotherhood. We all help each other and learn from each other. There is no greed or selfishness here.

@ MetalheadGautham,
Ya that is what I want to say in the first place...the man who worked on computer for over Ten years didn't understand what computer was lived like a Zambie become expert like (atleast it is what in my office friends and others believe) all because Linux and FOSS movement.. Thanks for the missing, but important points that i forget to post

with regards,
vaithy

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Thats because he is determined to beleive that Windows is the worlds best OS as its used by a majority

he's a macboy*i180.photobucket.com/albums/x31/trash609/yociexp115-1-1.gif Thats the most funny thing I have ever heard. He is highly antimac. He hates anything thats not from microsoft and windowsish. And he is anti *NIX. He thinks Apple did a moral mistake by making an OS that doesn't look like and act like windows.
many guys say he's a macboy. :D :D :D :lol:

din

Tribal Boy
@Sunny1211993

May be you can post your queries in Digit Forum : Open Source section so that you will get some expert advices and opnions.

@vaithy

Excellent post. I see you do not post in every single thread and you never participate in flame wars. I read many of the posts made by you and they all really worth reading it. Thank you.

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
nice posts from all...

Earlier we used to say that linux is for geeks..but now a days its used by common people who don't wan't to left behind in the fast growth of the IT.

Earlier we used to say linux doesn't have a good gui....but now a days it even beats the gui of the vista (i mean aero interface) with less system resources...ya thats nice...

But this is the present now and everybody is talking about the linux..even the microsoft fans.. they fear that their margin will become less when compared to the linux fans...

Any way i like to stay with the linux and live with it and yes i sure use windows for playing games...only till they are released for linux (my favourite games.)

sorry praka for being late..it was a nice post..where do u find these blogs dude..that was nice..
and do post things like these...it was somewhat like a autobiography for me also....ya we linux boys sure have a lot in common....

utsav

damn busy...
Wmp runs a little slow but loading time is ok.my system has a 3.6GHz P4 HT proccy and 512MB ram.but i agree vlc is much faster but i dont get the sound quality which i get in wmp11 .so i prefer wmp or winamp ovr othr media players anyday

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
nice posts from all...

Earlier we used to say that linux is for geeks..but now a days its used by common people who don't wan't to left behind in the fast growth of the IT.

Earlier we used to say linux doesn't have a good gui....but now a days it even beats the gui of the vista (i mean aero interface) with less system resources...ya thats nice...

But this is the present now and everybody is talking about the linux..even the microsoft fans.. they fear that their margin will become less when compared to the linux fans...

Any way i like to stay with the linux and live with it and yes i sure use windows for playing games...only till they are released for linux (my favourite games.)

sorry praka for being late..it was a nice post..where do u find these blogs dude..that was nice..
and do post things like these...it was somewhat like a autobiography for me also....ya we linux boys sure have a lot in common....
dat's an impressive one !!! let some m$ fans learn some lessons from this.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I dunno what you guys think or haf experienced but from my exp. WMP has the best default audio output. Yes, loading times are a bit more than other software. Just that i'm not too much into music and stuff so don't bother about taggin etc.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I dunno what you guys think or haf experienced but from my exp. WMP has the best default audio output. Yes, loading times are a bit more than other software. Just that i'm not too much into music and stuff so don't bother about taggin etc.
i think u were a linux guy ??? :confused:

but pulse audio sounded better than wmp. It(wmp) eats away the mids :mad:

din

Tribal Boy
@The Unknown

He is not a blind supporter of any OS / Company. Hes not into flame wars as well. Hes a supporter of Opensource / Linux but does not support something blindly - which is really nice of him.

@The Unknown

He is not a blind supporter of any OS / Company. Hes not into flame wars as well. Hes a supporter of Opensource / Linux but does not support something blindly - which is really nice of him.
+1... unlike you and me:oops:

I think anirudh should be made a moderator. He is perfect for that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom