Experiance of a Linux user-what he learned from past 10 years using Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
guys keep it to topic, its never personal.. GX, zeeshan, praka, din : please guys help yourself in being a good member :) , no nonsense please, applies to all the members who wants to flame

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
i want to use linux on this pc but there is no support for my GPU.:(:(
it just stops at the loading screen.
tell me any linux which wud work on my sys
Fedora. It has all the drivers. I am using all obsolete hardware (which no more exist in market except my DVD writer ) and it works well.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
i want to use linux on this pc but there is no support for my GPU.:(:(
it just stops at the loading screen.
tell me any linux which wud work on my sys
You on which . I think Ubuntu has support for almost all GFX cards .

yeah he is.
Just because i Point out the Shortcomings in a thing(or the good ones) doesn't mean i'm against it .

If i don't point out what problem i'm facing and how it can be improved , then how will the developers know what features to add and improve in their software .

But i am against people who claim that Linux is best n Win is crap . ( Not directed towards Praka whatsoever ) . I myself use a Majority of Open Source apps and i regularly file feature requests if i think something is missing .

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
^^
just look at my sig plz
i have heard some ppl complaining that Ubuntu didn't have the drivers !! but the funny thing his i did not hear this from any non-Ubuntu user !!! (OpenSuse, Fedora, etc) :D :D :D

PS: I am not cursing Ubuntu. Don't take me wrong. I am telling the truth.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@sunny:u need to complete install and get display with "vesa" as driver.
now,you have to get installed latest nvidia kernel modules.latest nvidia drivers supports 8800GTS.
you may research on this forum run by nvidia:
*www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

BTW.latest driver for nvidia is 169.09 in Linux.Hope Ubuntu have it in repo.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^Ubuntu!complete the installation with Ubuntu alternate cd and use graphics "vesa" read more:
*www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103578&highlight=8800

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^wt.. arey @abtom,ubuntu supports latest nvidia driver.it is nothing related to distro swapping :rolleyes: .even in fedora,u have to complete the installation in "vesa" mode.IMO,Ubuntu will be better with latest nvidia driver.
actually,nvidia 8800GTS is supported with nvidia 169.09 only.I think you should start a seperate thread for this in OSS section.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^arey!u have to download another distro called "ubuntu alternate" :evil: not the regular ubuntu!

blackpearl

The Devil
Being free isn't everything. People expect good service. Money isn't a problem. People will pay willingly as long as they don't have to read a 1000 pg manual and then tear some of their hairs just to operate it.

If you choose to walk 10 km to your home and not take a bus to save money, then fine. But don't expect everybody to do that.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Being free isn't everything. People expect good service. Money isn't a problem. People will pay willingly as long as they don't have to read a 1000 pg manual and then tear some of their hairs just to operate it.

If you choose to walk 10 km to your home and not take a bus to save money, then fine. But don't expect everybody to do that.
its the opposite dude. people see how to save money.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^
ok,but im no more abtom:D:D
i tried ubuntu x64 (latest) but it didnt go beyondthe loading screen
Enable Visualization in BIOS and then try. I had similar problem with my AMD system. none of the 64Bit distros worked unless visualization was turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom