Experiance of a Linux user-what he learned from past 10 years using Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@din, narangz, gautham
Gee... such kind words!! :)

@shady
Fully agree, din is one of the best behaved "senior" members around (senior as in Senior citizen :)) hehe...)

@unknown
They've said it all. I use both platforms :)

@gautham
No idea about pulse audio. Mebbe thats better :) But since its not yet fully stable I'd give some time before drawing a comparison between the two.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^what NOT stable?pulse audio rocks in my Debian.It is very superior to the likes of esd,artsd etc.
and it isnt rocket science installing it.
ubuntu bundles esound-compat packages.so,dont worry.it s easy to install.

Use it to understand it!if u have a good speaker system or a soundcard 5.1 or +,u should really try pulse audio!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^what NOT stable?pulse audio rocks in my Debian.It is very superior to the likes of esd,artsd etc.

Use it to understand it!if u have a good speaker system or a soundcard 5.1 or +,u should really try pulse audio!
Yeah Prakash, its unfortunately not stable on my laptop which has a Connexant chip :(

aditya_v

Broken In

Yea, pulse audio is really good. I am really into sound and this was one major area of concern for me. I own a pair of sennheisers and the quality of ALSA was terrible. Thankfully pulseaudio changed all that.. it has basically brought life back into linux sound systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom