EXCLUSIVE: iPhone 3G Out in India Next Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Here we have it folks, an exclusive on the iPhone's availability in India. When, how much, what features, software -- everything you ever wanted to know about the iPhone 3G in India! We know you want to get to the meat of the matter, so without further ado, here's what you need to know:

> iPhone 3G Availability: Vodafone to have a 15 day launch advantage (available August '08 through Vodafone, and late Aug/September '08 through Airtel)

> Model: Initially, the 8GB version only

> Price: Rs. 11,500 to Rs. 12,000 (note: U.S. price of the 8GB iPhone 3G is $199)

> Applications: App Store will be available

> App prices: Application prices may see a revision to suit Indian market

> 3G: No fixed date for 3G availability; expected sometime later this year

> GPS: Present on the Indian version as well

> Grey-market availability: Almost nowhere to be seen. One store expects to sell it next week at Rs. 50,000

Scroll down for the rest of the story.

Continue reading the article here
*www.techtree.com/India/News/EXCLUSIVE_iPhone_3G_Out_in_India_Next_Month/551-91366-615.html

Personally speaking I find it hard to believe that it will be available for a meager 12k! Thats totally unbelievable :!:

However if this is true, expect monthly plans to start in excess of 1k!:(

Pathik

Google Bot
I heard that the Airtel launch date is 22 Aug.
BTW, from an inside source, I have come to hear that Vodafone has started 3G testing in Mumbai and Bangalore.

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
I heard that the Airtel launch date is 22 Aug.
BTW, from an inside source, I have come to hear that Vodafone has started 3G testing in Mumbai and Bangalore.

22nd August is what was disclosed in the recently held apple financial conference. However the article states that Vodafone will have a 15 day advantage over Airtel. So expect it around 22nd to 25th August on Vodafone and in september, on Airtel. Its getting really exciting now :)

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
The price & 3.5" display attracts me to the deal... but I feel it'll bcome like the Pulsar... every guy/gal'll have it. Common, na. What makes u special... privileged?

May b the HTC Touch Pro :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Either ways its going to be expensive. If its 22k, it is expensive by itself. If it is 12k, the call plans are going to be killing. (Not to mention that even if it is 22k, the phone will still be tied to the carrier with more 'regular' call plans).

iChaitanya

Journeyman
If it is 12k, the call plans are going to be killing. (Not to mention that even if it is 22k, the phone will still be tied to the carrier with more 'regular' call plans).

Exactaly. I don't know why but I am getting a feeling that the plans are surely going to be costly. :(

Have a look at these two articles:

*www.tech2.com/india/news/smart-mobile-phones/iphone-3g-within-sniffing-distance/42491/0

*asia.cnet.com/blogs/hktechphooey/post.htm?id=63005217&scid=rvhm_ms (This one says India 'may be' present in that "20 more countries" list)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
For just Rs. 12000? Will the mobile network companies take a year's rent in advance or will it be locked here as well for use with their network only?

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Assuming it's 1k a month for the Data Plan, we're looking at 24k for 2 years. 24k+12k = 36,000 for your shiny new iphone. That sounds a lot more logical.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
No 3g.... What a waste... But 12k can justify it...

Will have a close eye on it...

Will networks start deploying 3g by next month?

x3060

A LOTR fan
am waiting for its launch too, not to buy it , but the "touch pro" might reduce their price and i may be able to get it. :)

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
am waiting for its launch too, not to buy it , but the "touch pro" might reduce their price and i may be able to get it. :)

Dont want to start a war here, but have you seen the videos of the new Touch Diamond and Pro ? The interface(Read: HTC Software) is unbearably sluggish and is not ready for prime time yet! I was so shocked at how it performs considering it has a 528 Mhz processor :eek: Read some reviews before you buy it. Just a friendly advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom