Engineering Stream Related Queries

mitraark

Decrepit
Is it showing upto which rank got allotted in the first round of couselling?

There is significant sliding in subsequent counselling, especially after 4th.

How many choices did you fill btw ?

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ just two rounds happening this year, then spot (for all institutes) and extra spot rounds (only for PFTIs)
so total three
BTW, YGPM

any other place I should try ?
i mean like this ?
*ptu.ac.in/Admission.aspx

schedule :
*ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/Admission...unselling Schedule 2013-14 Revised 4-7-13.pdf

sksundram

In the zone
PTU and RTU: SKIP it for God's sake. The only Private college worth mentioning in PUNJAB is Chandigarh Engineering College. (why? coz of its very good track record of Actual Placement) . I spent my engineering days in Chandigarh for 4 years. So know a lot in this regard.

Last edited:
OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ they are all private ???
didn't know that guys, actually, didn't check.
:(

and please redirect me to any Govt college anywhere in india which you guys think i can get admission into. :|
thanks.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I mean if govt college is okay then go for it but some clgs may have poorer amenities & facilities..

yup.
not sure about that..

and many govt colleges in other states do not conduct admission through JEE main rankings. found out some yesterday.

also if anybody knows person in Jalpaiguri Govt Engg College or Kalyani Govt Engg College, please inform me about that. (URGENT advice needed)

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
583 NDUBOT4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Bio Technology GE N HOMESTATE 123902
592 NDUCHE4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Chemical Engineering \ Technology GE N HOMESTATE 90154
600 NDUCIV4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Civil Engineering GE N HOMESTATE 82848
610 NDUCSE4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Computer Science & Engineering GE N HOMESTATE 80861
619 NDUECE4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Electronics & Communication Engineering GE N HOMESTATE 42158
629 NDUELE4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Electrical Engineering GE N HOMESTATE 76656
639 NDUITY4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Information Technology GE N HOMESTATE 95756
649 NDUMEC4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Mechanical Engineering GE N HOMESTATE 58099
660 NDUMLE4B National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Metallurgical and Materials Engineering GE N HOMESTATE 125793

my rank is 52396
i filled the civil, mech, even metallurgy, CSE, electrical, ECE ,etc

how come i did not get any seat ??

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
----------------------------------------------------------
Trouble all the way for me.
Blunders all the way by CSAB

they changed the schedule once again.
the problem is :
CSAB (jee main counselling) says that they will release their spot allocation on 29th 7 pm (I stand a chance to get NIT agartala , EIE or PE, also other NITs)
and in WBJEE, the last date for reporting and admission formalities at the allotted institute (Jalpaiguri Govt Engg College) is 29th 5PM

I can guarantee, CSAB will NEVER release anything at time.
I'm yet to pay the fees for spot counselling in CSAB. (I have made the DD though because Axis bank refused to take the fees via challan as the payment gateway required "section" and "institute" to be filled up, which I had no idea what were they ??)

Not to mention the various Train tickets made and cancelled uptill now (rs 300 atleast gone into thin air :hissyfit: )

Case 1 :
I pay the CSAB fees and report to their reporting centre. I also report to Jalpaiguri Govt Engg College(JGEC) and make my seat their confirmed and locked.
Now, If I get a seat in any NIT through CSAB, my 5k in WBJEEB counselling is lost.
If i dont get any seat, CSAB will refund the money, I'll go to JGEC.

Case 2 :
I do NOT pay CSAB fees (I cannot get into any NIT then). I have to go to JGEC to confirm my seat, so I study ECE in JGEC. (no other option)

there may be further many cases, please advice guys.

I know, I'm troubling a lot, but believe me, I cannot think wisely in such a "fcuked up mind"

Choice locking for Spot Round and Extra Spot Round at Reporting Centers has been disabled temporarily. Inconvenience regretted.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
NIT, Agartala is a relatively new NIT and i dont suppose it has its own campus(afaik)..
No Idea about Jalpaiguri College..
Dint you try for VIT, PEC, BIT???

Top Bottom