Earphone for Nokia Xpress Music !!!

kool

Cyborg Agent
Recently i bought NOKIA 5130 XM and its sound is superb, But i'm not happy with the
earphone given with it, I plugged my frnds headphone (Nokia HS-16). wow.. amazing sound.. But now its not available in the market, he bought it from NOIDA (atta market) just for Rs.500. Please suggest a good earphone for my mobile. It has 3.5 mm jack.My budget is under Rs.700.

And also tell me the cost of Wireless Headphone (like Mitashi) for my PC.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
how about this
*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/..._97_IN_CONSUMER/Earhook-Headphones+SHS3201-97

k4ce

Youngling
^ dunno why the ep630 costs so much outside ... i'm getting mine for rs.397 with my dell laptop (ordered on dell website) ...

Tamoghno

Padawan
^ dunno why the ep630 costs so much outside ... i'm getting mine for rs.397 with my dell laptop (ordered on dell website) ...

The dell one requires you to buy laptop. Also the dell ones dont come in retail box or extra earbuds.

k4ce

Youngling
^ i dont really care bout the retail box but wat do u mean that it doesnt come with extra earbuds ? so wont i get diff ear buds of different sizes ( technically called rubber plugs)

Tamoghno

Padawan
^ i dont really care bout the retail box but wat do u mean that it doesnt come with extra earbuds ? so wont i get diff ear buds of different sizes ( technically called rubber plugs)

Yep. The one that came with my friends xps didn't came with any extra earbuds . Though things may change now.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I have personally used Ep630,Sony MDR-EX 85 and EX-35 and currently using Philips SHE-9501 iphone earbuds.
Ep630 is overhyped IMO,it is not worth it.
Sony's EX-35 is overall a good pair,but it is more of a bass friendly types.
Philips SHE-9501 is very balanced over all frequencies.Infact I find this more comfortable to plug in over long periods,coz it doesn't need deep ear fitting like sony's pair.Also provides good sound isolation.I bought this one for RS.999 with 6 months warranty and with the usual three pairs of different sized ear buds.

But if you like Sony's bass friendly one's they're good to and retails for around RS.1250.
Also while buying my pair of philips I noticed a pair of Nokia express music series Earbuds from Philips,do check it since you are buying them for NOKIA 5130 XM.
strech your bugdet to around 1k if you want a good pair bro.

Go for a good branded headphones if you are going for wireless.I bought one from mitashi and it worked fine for 3 months before it goofed up.Build quality is not good,so go for a branded ones from Sony or philips.Even though they are costly they are much much reliable.
*www.sony.co.in/productcategory/pa-accy-hdp-cordless-headphones
*www.sony.co.in/productcategory/pa-accy-hdp-cordless-headphones
*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/in/consumer/cc/_categoryid_WIRELESS_HEADPHONES_SU_IN_CONSUMER/
*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/in/consumer/cc/_categoryid_WIRELESS_HEADPHONES_SU_IN_CONSUMER/

BTW here are the links for earbuds for your mobile, do check them out before making your decision.
*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/in/consumer/cc/_language_in/_productid_SHE9501_97_IN_CONSUMER
*www.sony.co.in/productcategory/pa-accy-hdp-ex-monitor-headphones
And this is that Nokia express music series Earbuds from Philips that i said earlier.
*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/...0_97_IN_CONSUMER/In-Ear-Headphones+SHH9700-97
I suggest you go for this one as these are exclusively tested and made for Nokia XM Series.

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ i agree with you , about the philips being most balanced and ep630 being overhyped . Didn't found sony earbuds to be clear enough , especially while using with 'stereo widening' turned on , it sounded muddy.

Philips one are little hard to find and range starts a bit costly. Ep630 is relatively cheap and easily available . Sound quality is not bad for its price. But if the op can get philips , my vote goes for it . But rs 500 is too low for philips , thats why i suggested ep630

k4ce

Youngling
i really havent used as many as ear phones as u guys but i purchased a hpm-82 for my k550 ... brilliant ... really comfortabel and the remote lets me change songs while riding ... even the hpm-70 is a decent pair ... very comfortable in ear ones wid some really good sound quality ...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^ i agree with you , about the philips being most balanced and ep630 being overhyped . Didn't found sony earbuds to be clear enough , especially while using with 'stereo widening' turned on , it sounded muddy.

Philips one are little hard to find and range starts a bit costly. Ep630 is relatively cheap and easily available . Sound quality is not bad for its price. But if the op can get philips , my vote goes for it . But rs 500 is too low for philips , thats why i suggested ep630
Sure,I bought mine from TMC,Tirupathi,they had entire Philips range starting from RS.350 ordinary ear plugs to noice cancelling earbuds(SHN-7500) costing 4500.I never knew that philips had so many good pairs of earbuds until then.I picked up mine(SHE-9501) for RS.999 and i can surely say that they are real value for many and cheap when compared to Sony's Similarly spec'ed EX-35 which costs RS.1290 and philips also has a much bigger driver too 10.5mm compared to sony's 9mm driver.
@Tamoghno
He said his budget was 700 not 500.So the Nokia XM range from philips costs RS.850 which streches his budget just a bit,but justifies it.

@kool
Do check this out dude it costs 850,overshoots your budget by 150,but the sound quality is amazing at that price,so it is justified.You wouldn't even listen to your friend's Nokia HS-16,after you listen to this.

@K4ce
Yes HPM-82 is a good pair,read many reviews of it.Is the remote compatible with any phone or just SE?

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
@sriharsha ... remote works on pop port only .... so only SE phones ... but u can disconnect the ear phones (3.5mm jack) and use them anywhere else

Last edited:

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
hello friends ..this thread 's really a gud ..
me also buying nokia 5130 XM on sunday so will also buy a 4GB card and decent earphones .
also I have used ep630 earphone of my friend on his pc but found it difficult to use for long hours..no doubt decent earphones.
could u plz suggest a decent one earphone(not in-ear) comparable to ep630 in audio quality and price too.

also please suggest if increasing memory capacity to 4 GB will make processor slower ?

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
In ear earphone are actually more comfortable than normal earphone . But you need to choose right size earbuds , its VERY critical , once you find the perfect size , you'll get used to it soon enough . Normally in ear earphone comes with 3 different sized buds.

Btw , if you need really comfortble than you need some big cans like philips shp2700 , but they are not actually practical with cellphone .

The choice in between is behind the nech headphones . I dont remember the exact model ame but a quick googling will get you the result.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hello friends ..this thread 's really a gud ..
me also buying nokia 5130 XM on sunday so will also buy a 4GB card and decent earphones .
also I have used ep630 earphone of my friend on his pc but found it difficult to use for long hours..no doubt decent earphones.
could u plz suggest a decent one earphone(not in-ear) comparable to ep630 in audio quality and price too.

also please suggest if increasing memory capacity to 4 GB will make processor slower ?
Try this for 850 bucks,in comparision much better than ep630.Good sound quality and actually very comfortable for long hours.
And yes as tamoghno said you need to test which pair of the buds(S/M/L) fits perfect in your ear for comfort and good noise isolation.
*www.consumer.philips.com/cons...nes+SHH9700-97

Last edited:

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
If to choose between ep630 and phillips SHH9700 for nokia XM phones,
which should be chosen ?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
If to choose between ep630 and phillips SHH9700 for nokia XM phones,
which should be chosen ?
Defenitely SHH9700!!!,ep630 sounds like crap after you listen to this.
SHH9700 is very balanced over all frequencies,way better than ep630,I'm not saying ep-630 is crap,but in comparision it sounds like one.
Also this comes in split cables,so very handy if you're going to use this with nokia remote adapters.
I personally feel asymmetrical cable to be much comfortable.It may not be for some.
Don't forget to post your personal review after your purchase,whatever model it might be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom