E90 The Brick?Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
I'm thinking of dumping all my phones and get a E90 aka brick/chappal

I've read in digit it costs 40k.india celluals has 35k.what is the actual market price?
Any alternative except HTC's locked diamonds ?

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
I don't think any of those has a keyboard.thats why i don't wanna go the Htc way.
I'd prefer an alternative rather than cursing nokia for their phones.e90 is good.true there might be a better alternative and i'll be glad if someone suggests one

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
What?really? when is it going to be launched?

Edit-yea it does.i'm the one who forgot the specs just bcoz of no news of release.i remember now :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
XPERIA coming up in September.Samsung OMNIA.The E90 sucks bigtime.Get the XPERIA.Nokia sucks at high end PDAs.

Would you stop the 'Nokia sucks' non-sense now? It's getting on my nerves. There is not an iota of truth in your post. While SE struggles to get it's W960i off the shelves, Nokia is selling it's high end phones by the ship-load. Apparently you are the only one around who has a problem with Nokia. Honestly dude, if you have a problem with Nokia then you might wanna consider not posting in these threads.

@OP, get the E90 only if you want a large QWERTY keyboard and/or an Ultra wide display. Trust me, you won't find a better web browsing, ebook reading, document viewing/editing experience on any other phone. But if you don't use all those functions fully, then you'll just be lugging around lots of unnecessary weight. In that case the N95 8gb makes much more sense. Or you might want to wait for the upcoming N96/C905.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@krazzy-He wanted a PDA coz he needed the QWERTY keyboard.Now, shelling out 35k for that piece of **** is insane, when you have alternatives ready for you.The HTC TOUCH PRO, XPERIA offer much better software and hardware support than the E90 which has nothing mor to offer than the presence of a QWERTY.So if you are thinking of a "PDA" then bunk the E90.

Some people here need to understand the difference between a PDA and a smartphone.Newaz.

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
well yea i missed this-i need good email,surfing and nothing else.
Wifi is must and the N96 is not my cup of tea.coz i'm more than happy with a candybar phone that i already own-the great N73me.and i never use phone camera for taking pics except for a few..
qwerty keyboard is what i'm looking for..x1 seems promising but they don't even have a release date which s****.

amitava82

MMO Addict
So, do you need a phone or anything else will do for that? Coz for internet n email on the go, N810 Kick ass.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@krazzy-He wanted a PDA coz he needed the QWERTY keyboard.Now, shelling out 35k for that piece of **** is insane, when you have alternatives ready for you.The HTC TOUCH PRO, XPERIA offer much better software and hardware support than the E90 which has nothing mor to offer than the presence of a QWERTY.So if you are thinking of a "PDA" then bunk the E90.

Some people here need to understand the difference between a PDA and a smartphone.Newaz.

None of the other phones on the market, or even slated for launch in the near future have a display the size of the one in the E90. Nor are their keypads as big. All you people complain about the size and weight of the E90 but it is these same factors which give the E90 near laptop-like comfort on the move.

That's why Nokia made it big. Not because it has a lot of stuff inside. It hardly has anymore than an E51. But a bigger device offers better comfort. Simple.

OP, I stick with what I said in my first post. If web browsing, email, documents, ebooks, hammering nails in walls, knocking out people is what you intend to do, then there is nothing better than the E90 now.

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^thanks..i'll wait for few days to find something else otherwise pics of my new E90 will be posted here :D

also x1 might be the best phone when launched,or may not be,but application support depends when the phone is launched.ok the usual outlook and ms stuff will be there.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well.E90 has a 4 inch QVGA display while the XPERIA has a 3 inch WVGA display.I would vouch for a display with better sharpness and brightess than a bigger but duller display

Then at the same price you get these extras:-

1)256 MB ram for your tasks compared to E90s 128 mb
2)528 mhz 7201M qualcomm processor compared to E90s 328 Mhz Omap 2xxx pro
3)Touchscreen
4)SE's intuitive panel functionality and grat sound quality and software implementation by SE
5)Auto rotate
6)Walkman 3
7)HSDPA @7.2 MHz
1500 mAh Li-Po batt compared to E90's crappy Li-Ion

amitava82

MMO Addict
Sometime later this year. But don't bother if you have Sh!T load of money. Buy E90 now and later on you can buy X1 when it comes out.. :p

What about iPhone? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom