E90 The Brick?Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well.E90 has a 4 inch QVGA display while the XPERIA has a 3 inch WVGA display.I would vouch for a display with better sharpness and brightess than a bigger but duller display

Then at the same price you get these extras:-

1)256 MB ram for your tasks compared to E90s 128 mb
2)528 mhz 7201M qualcomm processor compared to E90s 328 Mhz Omap 2xxx pro
3)Touchscreen
4)SE's intuitive panel functionality and grat sound quality and software implementation by SE
5)Auto rotate
6)Walkman 3
7)HSDPA @7.2 MHz
1500 mAh Li-Po batt compared to E90's crappy Li-Ion

The outer display in E90 is a 2" QVGA. The inner display is 800x352 4".

Having higher RAM is always better, but the 128mb RAM in E90 is more than enough the OS does not need as much. People have tried exhausting that much RAM by running all the apps at once still they were unsuccessful. Meaning there is no shortage of RAM in E90.

HSDPA performance is irrelevant in India as there are no signs of 3G yet, leave alone HSDPA.

E90 also has a 1500 mAh battery which has been know to provide more than adequate power.

Agree with everything else though. Bear in mind you are comparing a phone which is more than a year old with one that hasn't been launched yet. That's hardly a fair comparison.

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
camera is also the same i must say.and i've read in the reviews that the phone does not lag at all in multitasking and the browser is good.but not the documentation capability,which i don't need.but if 24th is for sure and the phone will be available before 10th october,i can wait.

amitava82

MMO Addict
It is not about comparison. We are choosing a better phone and X1 is gonna be better that E90. I can't even imagine to carry around a 200g brick size phone when I can get a better phone which has more features, fast, comfort, look, and easy on pocket.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Fine then. If he is willing to wait then X1 is what he should get. If it has to be now, then E90 it is. Then there is also the all time awesome N95 8gb.

Pat

Beyond Smart
It is not about comparison. We are choosing a better phone and X1 is gonna be better that E90. I can't even imagine to carry around a 200g brick size phone when I can get a better phone which has more features, fast, comfort, look, and easy on pocket.

Fast! Thats the most important thing here :-|

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
why should there be auto rotate in e90 :lol:

E90 is great but i will prefer X1 anyday

don't worry i agree with you E90 has not got any problem

But X1 looks are kewl :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I cant imagine spending 35k for that brick.Its slow, is Symbian and with the XPERIA you will also get an upgrade to Windows 7 as and when it is launched.

Its just that after the surge of WM devices no one really caresa about the E90. Nokia has long been kicked in this segment.They need to come out with something else in the high end PDA segment, else SE,Samsung and HTC will kick their butt real time(already has :D)

Wait a bit, get the XPERIA, future proof device. If you cant wait get the HTC TOUCH PRO, but NOT the E90.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Windows Mobile doesn't come anywhere near Symbian S60. S60 kicks WM arse into oblivion. :p The most user-friendly smartphone OS ever. The cell phone manufacturers have to constantly add some stuff to the OS to make it interesting like the Touch Flo system by HTC and the panel thingy by SE. Because the base OS sucks and Microsoft hardly makes any substantial changes to it. Only the numbers change, 5, 6 and now 7. The OS remains as crappy as ever while getting a fancy new wallpaper everytime. :lol:

MasterMinds

hell boy
Windows Mobile doesn't come anywhere near Symbian S60. S60 kicks WM arse into oblivion. :p The most user-friendly smartphone OS ever. The cell phone manufacturers have to constantly add some stuff to the OS to make it interesting like the Touch Flo system by HTC and the panel thingy by SE. Because the base OS sucks and Microsoft hardly makes any substantial changes to it. Only the numbers change, 5, 6 and now 7. The OS remains as crappy as ever while getting a fancy new wallpaper everytime. :lol:

i completely diagree.....windows is any day better than symbian:)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea right.i wonder why the reviewers are contiously being impressed by WM has to offer.I am even mystified at why gsmarena declared the X1 and the TOUCH PRO as the next big thing in phone functionalitis.And guess what.No one even remembers the E90. E90 is finshed.No price cuts for over a year. Wm offers much PDA functionalities than symbian.The Symbian can make a good smartphone but does not come close to WM in most fronts. WM 6.1 when coupled with manufacturers like SE aand Samsung are the best you can get.

Btw, Symbian was user friendly coz Nokia made it to be.Just have a look at the previews of the XPERIA.You will edit your statement. :lol:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well WM is better as it can be customized much more than S60

but S60 is more user frndly

if you hand a WM mobile to a n00b he will go mad of using it and throw it away

S60 applications are much more than any other OS

like 4:1

WM can make a mobile having 512 mb ram even slow

Not symbian

As stated by gsmarena in a symbian phone 96 Mb ram is more than enough it will never say low ( in the N78 review)

ever heard of N82 being slow ??

E90 will beat even dumb phones in speed

MasterMinds

hell boy
normal firmwares<nokia firmwares{s40}< se firmwares< linux based{moto e6}< symbian< windows

WM will provide better hardware control as compared to symbian....

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Now whwre does N82 come into the picture?? :|

@krates-have you used a WM phone ever??.The XPERIA as stated by ALL review sites is very speedy and is capable of all tasks at a brisk rate. T256 mb of RAM is mammoth for a WM phone.The fact that WM hasnt bee able to perform to expectations coz most manufacturers havent really given WM the hardware to perform.But now, with these players in sight.Symbian is gonna have a tough time.With SE coming out with candybar versions of the XPERIA in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom