E3 2013 Details + Hype thread

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
How many times do you end up explaining people what you mean?? Is it so difficult to use the words that are common or do u think its "yo-yo" if you complicate your sentence?? Believe me it isn't cool. Lot of people here will agree with me on this.
This is the only forum where I ever have to explain things.

I don't 'think' about making my sentence cooler. All I did was type naturally as the words came to my head. This isn't the first time I've used words like these and it certainly won't be the last.

I'm not going to change the way I write or speak just because I use less common words in my text/ speech. Call me arrogant if you want to, but I prefer to explain myself rather than change my speech pattern, especially when my syntax is impeccable.

Isn't it better to learn something new rather than to stick to what you already know?

On topic:

Dead Rising 3 Reaches for the Call of Duty Crowd - GameSpot.com

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
This is the only forum where I ever have to explain things.

I don't 'think' about making my sentence cooler. All I did was type naturally as the words came to my head. This isn't the first time I've used words like these and it certainly won't be the last.

I'm not going to change the way I write or speak just because I use less common words in my text/ speech. Call me arrogant if you want to, but I prefer to explain myself rather than change my speech pattern, especially when my syntax is impeccable.

Isn't it better to learn something new rather than to stick to what you already know?

On topic:

Dead Rising 3 Reaches for the Call of Duty Crowd - GameSpot.com

Oh on.. it isn't.. If it was a learning forum we wouldn't have asked you to stop it..

"When you are in Rome, be like a Roman"

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Oh on.. it isn't.. If it was a learning forum we wouldn't have asked you to stop it..

"When you are in Rome, be like a Roman"

But I am not in Rome, so I do not have to be like a Roman. With my use of a less common word I have not broken any rules.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So pleasing to know that you are not in Rome yet.. Lets see if you ever go to Rome :)

I've already been to Rome before and it was pretty good :) But I'm not in Rome right now.

But don't go off-topic any further.

*encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyAc0yEMN4WsUFUGruqFiEPs4S9n61FLaesrxb8pQLp0dLeOlHwg

Isn't it obvious that my response was within the context of that post?

You have every right to suggest that I refrain from using less common words, and I won't stop you from doing that, but you can't force me to behave in the way you want me to. And if this isn't a learning forum, then why do we even help people troubleshoot their systems, games, or give suggestions to them or even discuss anything at all? Aren't we all learning something new in the process?

You guys are making a Python out of a Desert Rosy Boa. I just spoke like I normally do and you guys just had to pounce on me and divert attention from the real issue.

abhidev

Human Spambot
guys check this out...a new engine...and the game looks even more awesome...the gameplay is just too good

and this gameplay of FF-XV looks good too...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
guys check this out...a new engine...and the game looks even more awesome...the gameplay is just too good

and this gameplay of FF-XV looks good too...

The Division's demo looked pretty orchestrated. The gameplay seemed typical, and I don't know how well players will actually co-ordinate with each other once the game actually comes out.

We've already seen how squads seem to be a fail concept in BF3 (and will be in BF4) because online nobody cares, here's hoping that the co-operative element of the Division is not :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
The Division's demo looked pretty orchestrated. The gameplay seemed typical, and I don't know how well players will actually co-ordinate with each other once the game actually comes out.

We've already seen how squads seem to be a fail concept in BF3 (and will be in BF4) because online nobody cares, here's hoping that the co-operative element of the Division is not :)

Because it failed with you? get a team on skype and play the game, its best played that way.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Because it failed with you? get a team on skype and play the game, its best played that way.
It's so easy to get a team on skype for you isn't it?

None of my "real" friends play the game, and most of my online friends don't know how to play as teams. Most real ones don't even play on PC (and when they do you can be sure the legit version is in a shop).

I'm talking about the concept failing in general, not for real teams and clans.

If it works for you and rakesh_ic, more power to you, but in general, multiplayer even in the TDM and Squad combat modes are literally a free-for-all.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
It's so easy to get a team on skype for you isn't it?

None of my "real" friends play the game, and most of my online friends don't know how to play as teams. Most real ones don't even play on PC (and when they do you can be sure the legit version is in a shop).

I'm talking about the concept failing in general, not for real teams and clans.

If it works for you and rakesh_ic, more power to you, but in general, multiplayer even in the TDM and Squad combat modes are literally a free-for-all.

I believe the scenario that you are talking about arises only when you dont utilize the core essence of squad-play. Oh yes, its not a one player game in the squad. all the 4 of the squad mates has to play along for this to work. So thats why i said, playing with random guys will not work for any squad games (specially FPS).

Leave alone BF3, a strategy game like LOL/DOTA fails many a times if u play solo (not going without a formed team), leave alone an FPS where you can score some kills being alone and even win games if u are skilled.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
E3 2013: Hideo Kojima Feels He Needs to Do Better on Metal Gear Solid V After Seeing Ubisoft’s The Division

The division must be really good, considering comments like this coming straight from the stealth and tactical espionage master, Hideo Kojima san.

"I thought it received a good reaction, but after seeing Ubisoft’s [TomClancy's] The Division I felt I have to work harder. At E3 we’re fighting against the powerhouses of the whole world. At one time I thought I managed to win that battle with Metal Gear Solid 3. For that reason we gave ourselves the objective to “win the world once more” with Metal Gear Solid V. The V in the title is the V for victory."

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I believe the scenario that you are talking about arises only when you dont utilize the core essence of squad-play. Oh yes, its not a one player game in the squad. all the 4 of the squad mates has to play along for this to work. So thats why i said, playing with random guys will not work for any squad games (specially FPS).

Leave alone BF3, a strategy game like LOL/DOTA fails many a times if u play solo (not going without a formed team), leave alone an FPS where you can score some kills being alone and even win games if u are skilled.

And I'm not disagreeing. All I'm saying is that you will find it difficult to play in squads online.

cyborg47

Technomancer
And I'm not disagreeing. All I'm saying is that you will find it difficult to play in squads online.

You're fault then, you wouldn't die in battlefield and complain that its not like COD where you survive way longer, and tell the developers to tailor it for you, would you?
There are usernames appearing in the list, add them, make friends with them, or we have the TDF group on battlelog too. If you're a lone ranger, then stick with the single player games. You cannot simply fault the game for not playing by your tastes ;)

Oh and let me tell you, I play with friends, and its a blast, best gaming experience I've ever had.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You're fault then, you wouldn't die in battlefield and complain that its not like COD where you survive way longer, would you?
There are usernames appearing in the list, add them, make friends with them, or we have the TDF group on battlelog too. If you're a lone ranger, then stick with the single player games. You cannot simply fault the game for not playing by your tastes ;)

Oh and let me tell you, I play with friends, and its a blast, best gaming experience I've ever had.

:facepalm:

You're missing the point entirely.

I never complain when I die in Battlefield 3. I have a lot of friends in Battlelog, and I know most of them for the past couple of years . But none of them really play like a squad, and you failed to notice that I wrote that? And the fact that friends from real life do not even play the damn game?

I like the gameplay of Battlefield 3. I really do. Much better than CoD (which I haven't touched post MW2).

The reason why the squad tactics of the game fails is that people never follow orders, and there is no implementation of steps to correct this.

Like I said, if you have friends and they know how to play team tactics, more power to you. But that isn't what happens for 99% of the players.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
multiplayer even in the TDM and Squad combat modes are literally a free-for-all.

TDM is another name for FFA, to get the most outta BF3, you gotta play Conquest.

The reason why the squad tactics of the game fails is that people never follow orders, and there is no implementation of steps to correct this.

Then you haven't played it with the right people. BF3's never meant to jump into the multiplayer alone, it's meant to play with friends pre-planned, if you know what I mean. It's not necessary that you communicate with voice chat, use text chat and there are good commands given in the game itself. If you can't find friends, well, you probably made a wrong decision buying BF3. Or you can play alone and keep the complaining to minimum. :)

Top Bottom