E3 2013 Details + Hype thread

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
TDM is another name for FFA, to get the most outta BF3, you gotta play Conquest.

Then you haven't played it with the right people. BF3's never meant to jump into the multiplayer alone, it's meant to play with friends pre-planned, if you know what I mean. It's not necessary that you communicate with voice chat, use text chat and there are good commands given in the game itself. If you can't find friends, well, you probably made a wrong decision buying BF3. Or you can play alone and keep the complaining to minimum. :)

Deathmatch is FFA, not TDM. Although this game does not have a Deathmatch mode, it doesn't mean TDM and SDM become FFAs. You don't go around killing your own team, lol.

Also, the same thing happens in Conquest [it's been quite a while since I played BF3, so the name of this mode wasn't on the top of my mind]. People never listen to their squad leaders (if the leaders even bother to issue commands).

I bought BF3 because people recommended I play it. I usually don't jump into a game alone. I used to be a part of another group and they used to have their own servers. But people never really play as a team.

I don't even use voice commands. Chat messages and preset commands have always been fine for me.

Finally, I'm not complaining. All I'm saying is that squad tactics enforcement should be implemented in the game to deter people from disobeying commands. This game was my first foray into Battlefield after I burned cash in 2142 (my first BF game), and you expect me to know each and every detail about the game?

And why would it be a wrong decision to buy the game? I had lots of fun when I played it. My point still holds that team tactics in the game are fail unless you have a genuine squad.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Heck.. in BF3 TDM's it rare to find a squad with different perks. when in conquest we often create a new squad, if anyone else joins unless he is a skilled player we kick them from the squad. many squad leaders don't know how to give command/objectives. few months ago we used to play a lot with one of two squads. mostly in tanks. but now a days not many play at the same time.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Deathmatch is FFA, not TDM. Although this game does not have a Deathmatch mode, it doesn't mean TDM and SDM become FFAs. You don't go around killing your own team, lol.

You took it literally. But yea, you're right.

Also, the same thing happens in Conquest [it's been quite a while since I played BF3, so the name of this mode wasn't on the top of my mind]. People never listen to their squad leaders (if the leaders even bother to issue commands).

Again, you're playing with wrong people.

I bought BF3 because people recommended I play it. I usually don't jump into a game alone. I used to be a part of another group and they used to have their own servers. But people never really play as a team.

I guess they were excited about 64 players and the graphics and jumped from CoD. :p [Not literally]

But I'm thinking you never really got into a good set of people who play BF3 as it's meant to be played.

Finally, I'm not complaining. All I'm saying is that squad tactics enforcement should be implemented in the game to deter people from disobeying commands.

Yea, thankfully there's Spectator mode in BF4, so mods can actually watch lone wolfs and kick 'em out.

And why would it be a wrong decision to buy the game? I had lots of fun when I played it. My point still holds that team tactics in the game are fail unless you have a genuine squad.

You never mentioned you liked the game. Good to know. :) And yea, you never had the chance to play with a genuine BF squad but you're true.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You took it literally. But yea, you're right.

Again, you're playing with wrong people.

I guess they were excited about 64 players and the graphics and jumped from CoD. :p [Not literally]

But I'm thinking you never really got into a good set of people who play BF3 as it's meant to be played.

Yea, thankfully there's Spectator mode in BF4, so mods can actually watch lone wolfs and kick 'em out.

You never mentioned you liked the game. Good to know. :) And yea, you never had the chance to play with a genuine BF squad but you're true.

So we're in agreement :)

You have to realize that given the massive number of players out there, it isn't easy to find people who actually want to play as teams.

I think there are numerous easy ways to deter people from disobeying commands.

For example, if your squad leader wants the squad to capture point E, then perhaps make the point capture of other points slower, stop giving the bonus points for capture, and remove the team capture bonus (i.e. if multiple people are capturing the same point, then all those disobeying commands will not speed up the capture).

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
So we're in agreement :)

You have to realize that given the massive number of players out there, it isn't easy to find people who actually want to play as teams.

I think there are numerous easy ways to deter people from disobeying commands.

For example, if your squad leader wants the squad to capture point E, then perhaps make the point capture of other points slower, stop giving the bonus points for capture, and remove the team capture bonus (i.e. if multiple people are capturing the same point, then all those disobeying commands will not speed up the capture).

Which will force these players to un-join any squad and play as individuals.. and I am sure they will do that :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Which will force these players to un-join any squad and play as individuals.. and I am sure they will do that :)

That way at least people who want to team-play will be able to :)

I've seen cases when all squads of have 1 or two people and a party that joins later can't play together because of that.

Wow, just wow:

Gizmodo: I got thrown in Microsoft 'Jail' for taking pictures of nothing

-----------------------------------

The Crappy side of E3 for video game journalists

Top Bottom