DSLR Dilemma......

sujoyp

Grand Master
god what u guys discussing :( please read some sites...

1. Nikon AF lenses are just like AFS lens just without motor...and your D5100 can mount any nikon lenses from 1960's to till date which is not true for canon...canon guys can only mount lenses made after 1990's ...Big advantage for nikon

2. EF lenses were made for full frames ...but they can be mount on any canon DSLR with no problem

3. Tamron with 70-300 have same lens and same motor for nikon and canon ...its not true that canon one have motor and nikon one doesnt

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Even I thought so about Nikon/Tamron.....unless I read this...Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro review | Camera lenses Reviews | TechRadar

sujoyp

Grand Master
No inci thats totally wrong ....that tamron 70-300 Di Ld always had a small micro motor which was slow but usable ...its not true that its dont have a motor for nikon ....I know soo many who are using it successfully

sujoyp

Grand Master
here is the website link...you can check the lenses ...and it means all the lenses listed there will Autofocus on DSLR without focus motor inside

Nikon D3200 Lenses

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if you guys are thinking about buying a Tammy 70-300m Di LD, beware.. its painfully slow in focussing.

and i mean Payne-fully slow. Get it??

also, its not sharp, and has a bit of blue fringing.

but overall, its a great lens with a bang for buck at its price point and just gets the work done.

I have taken some good shots with it, so in the end, its on the photographer. ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
anirban u told the reality in a simple way :D

yes its motor is really slow....and you have to lean the handholding techniques coz there is no VR/IS

and also for birding and wildlife you have to follow the standard formula - 300mm on crop needs 1/450s shutter speed minimum for sharp shots without VR

Dr. House

No Regrets
I hate this 18-55 lens. It doesn't take that sharp images that much I expected. Also this shutter key doesn't work all the time. I need to adjust objects then it takes shot.

Taking shots through DSLR is not as easy as I expected.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
is it an 18-55 IS??

thats the best it offers. and at your point of just starting out, you dont need a better lens than that.
infact, the 18-55 is a beautiful lens. read more on the web. theres a lot to discover with it. :)

and what do you mean the shutter key doesnt work??

Dr. House

No Regrets
is it an 18-55 IS??

thats the best it offers. and at your point of just starting out, you dont need a better lens than that.
infact, the 18-55 is a beautiful lens. read more on the web. theres a lot to discover with it. :)

and what do you mean the shutter key doesnt work??

It is Nikon 18-55 AF-S lens on D5100 that I bought for 23,870 only. I mean if I keep the object really near or want to take pictures in the dark, the camera doesnt take shots by pressing shutter button. :?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
its maybe coz it cannot focus properly.

1. maybe the object is nearer than the min focussing dist

2. theres not enough light for the cam to see

see what your problem is..

sujoyp

Grand Master
@dr ...18-55 is not a macro lens to take shot at 5 inches near... I am sure it can focus on any subject kept a 1 feet away..

when focussing on any subject see that the focus point flashing inside the view finder is placed on the subject u want to focus..also a very dark object is impossible to focus.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^^ You sound like anyone who is pretty new to DSLR or even the world of digital camera.

Top Bottom