Drinking water - Kidney Stones

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Lightheadedness, Nausea while playing Borderlands?

I read somewhere that we should drink about 6-8L everyday. :)
Its bad to drink that much water, here in kolkata AMRI hospital has a sign board saying drinking too much water causes kidney stones, mukherjee or death_knight can answer our queries.

gameranand

Living to Play

tkin said:
Its bad to drink that much water, here in kolkata AMRI hospital has a sign board saying drinking too much water causes kidney stones, mukherjee or death_knight can answer our queries.
Oh boy. I guess I need to lower my dose of water. :(

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

I thought "not drinking" too much water caused kidney stones.

:sigh: these hospitals, but of course! they want you unwell, so you go to them for treatment, and pay them MOOLAH!!!

Alok

Adventurer

I'm also heard that if you not drink enough then there will be kidney stones.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
doctors in TV's health program or local doctor/Homeopathy doctors etc. heard everywhere that we need to take minimum of 2L water everyday.....

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
study says that "Fluid intake should be sufficient to maintain a urine output of 2 to 3 litres per day." so water consumption should be arnd 4-5 L per day

R2K

In the Zone
^^
beer is good for health ?:D
There are a lot of non alcoholic drinks that you ppl can use instead

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I read somewhere that we should drink about 6-8L everyday. :)

Drinking 2-4 L is the normal limit...too little...u run the risk of supersaturating the urine--->crystallization,stone formation....

Too much....u run the risk of water intoxication or dilutional hyponatremia( which may actually be fatal if not treated emergently)....

Judiciousness is the name of the game :)

I need to drink beer now :/

Vodka blends well with water.

It might do so...but u will pay with both your pocket and your quality of life...alcohol will kill u day by day...without u even realizing it...u can laugh now...but will realize 10 years hence...the longer our lifespan becomes....the better we come to see the adverse effects of alcohol....FYI it worsens cognition,impairs anterograde memory,memory recall and messes with ur HDL LDL VLDL bla bla..look it up if u want...change is in your hands bro...u have the power...:doublethumb:

Top Bottom