Drinking water - Kidney Stones

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It might do so...but u will pay with both your pocket and your quality of life...alcohol will kill u day by day...without u even realizing it...u can laugh now...but will realize 10 years hence...the longer our lifespan becomes....the better we come to see the adverse effects of alcohol....FYI it worsens cognition,impairs anterograde memory,memory recall and messes with ur HDL LDL VLDL bla bla..look it up if u want...change is in your hands bro...u have the power...:doublethumb:

How about wine ?

R2K

In the Zone
It might do so...but u will pay with both your pocket and your quality of life...alcohol will kill u day by day...without u even realizing it...u can laugh now...but will realize 10 years hence...the longer our lifespan becomes....the better we come to see the adverse effects of alcohol....FYI it worsens cognition,impairs anterograde memory,memory recall and messes with ur HDL LDL VLDL bla bla..look it up if u want...change is in your hands bro...u have the power...:doublethumb:

And I used to feel weird because i am the only one in my peer circle who doesn't drink or smoke. :)
Friends tease me at parties just because i don't even agree to have a beer. :D:D:D

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
How about wine ?

Thanks...but no thanks...its ur life after all...choose wisely ;)

That seriously is a bad bad tipple.

Righto! :cool:

We have dr. in the house people, do not drink alcohol and keep tab on your water limit.

mukherjee is a doctor(a real dr, if you are asking).

Thanks for letting the cat outta the bag :lol:

And I used to feel weird because i am the only one in my peer circle who doesn't drink or smoke. :)
Friends tease me at parties just because i don't even agree to have a beer. :D:D:D

Just hand ur friends a mirror(to introspect)

And sorry to break it...passive smoking kills too :cry:

Piyush

Lanaya

same with me
though i laugh at them and tell them that you'll all notice the difference aftter completing your 30s
i'm happy that i don't do such stuff :)

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
Water is the gift for humans by god

These are the advantages !

Get Healthy Skin
Flush Toxins
Reduce Your Risk Of Heart Attack
Cushion And Lube Your Joints And Muscles
Get Energized And Be Alert
Stay Regular
Reduce Your Risk Of Disease And Infection
Regulate Your Body Temperature
Burn More Fat And Build More Muscle
Get Well

D

Deleted member 26636

oh no....i only drink about 1L a day....gotta start drinking more...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
same with me
though i laugh at them and tell them that you'll all notice the difference aftter completing your 30s
i'm happy that i don't do such stuff :)

here we go again :razz:
BBC News - 'World's oldest person' dies at 114 in Brazil
Maria Gomes Valentim said she enjoyed a glass of wine every now and then

There are no rules in this game unless you are an addict.

Piyush

Lanaya
No, it's been like 3-4 months since I drank anything heavy. I hate everything except vodka, stalker.

1 month ago had beer with frens during a trip.

Moderation is the key.

well occasionally...then i don't think it does that much harm
btw real stalker :D ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
Water helps a lot, I drink about 2.5-3.5 ltrs per day, good enough I think(I don't exercise much, no gyms nothing, I'm just slim).

joshiks7

Journeyman
Hi,

About kidney stones:

*Normal subjects can excrete more than 10 to 15 liters of (very dilute)urine per day, hence drinking even large amount of water in persons with normal kidneys will not lead to hyponatremia (low serum sodium). This can rarely occur in few patients who chronic psychiatric disorders.

*Kidney stones occur most commonly due to genetic predisposition leading to various metabolic abnormalities. In these individuals one of the ways to prevent stones is to ensure adequate urinary flow and avoid crystallization. This can be achieved with drinking at least 2-2.5L of water per day, but there is no need to drink 6-8L per day (though this will not harm apart from excessive urination). This is more imp. in summer (as more sweating may lead to dehydration ind increased risk of stone formation).

*Alcoholic beverages do not have increased risk of stone formation but no any particular drink is routinely advisable to avoid the stones.

*Limit salt intake.

*This is misconception that calcium containing products to be avoided, infact its intake should be normal.

Top Bottom