Dragon Age: Origins

gameranand

Living to Play
Piyush said:
no i didn't
should i try?
i still have that horn to call the beast
Well that is worth the trouble. She gives a hell lot of gifts for that and not to mention the Dragon Scale which can be crafted into the best Armor of the game by Wade. Also she gives a grandmaster Flame rune and some money and other stuff. But she is much tougher than Flemth I should say. That was a hell of a fight for me to kill that beast.
masterkd said:
if you are choosing not to kill the dragon and destroy the ashes then do not take lelianna and wynne in your team..you are gonna loose them..if you choose to kill the dragon then take the strongest team and i hope your healer have the resurrection spell..killing in medium difficulty was PITA for me..but i would ask you to kill it as that'll give you an xp boost!!
Well its not essential to kill the dragon to get the ashes. Killing her is completely optional.
Kola2842 said:
Is there a way to customise my character for looking like Dunkan.
Use Mods for this.

Finally called for Landsmeet and now rescued that queen. Such a *****. Now have to break free from prison. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
masterkd said:
yes its optional but killing the dragon have its advantages from every side!!
Yes and not to mention a lot. I mean the loot of that High Dragon is just awesome. There is nothing like that in the whole damn game. Well there are some places where you get so much but seriously not that much. I mean 2 armor sets. Grandmaster rune 7 gold and a real nice sword and more what more you want. But she is a hard kill and takes a veteran team to kill that beast.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Ok got the Ultimate Edition...and started playing as the Warrior Elf...as a commoner....

Now in the position where you impersonate Minerd and got to fight against Everd....

Nice game! But where are the dragons?? :(

soumo27

hhm. And I thought there would be dragons from the start! :p

And any special advantage, if you start with one particular character or something?

Also, when to play the Awakenings Expansion and the other DLC's? Should I start it after completing the main game? And any sequence to following while playing DLC's??

gameranand

Living to Play
soumo27 said:
hhm. And I thought there would be dragons from the start!
Well actually you face about 4 dragons and 6 drakes. And believe me dragons are not easy to kill.
soumo27 said:
And any special advantage, if you start with one particular character or something?
Initial stats like strength, magic, willpower and all are different for each origin. Also if you start as a Human noble you'll get the dog companion from the very beginning.
soumo27 said:
Also, when to play the Awakenings Expansion and the other DLC's? Should I start it after completing the main game? And any sequence to following while playing DLC's??
Play after completing vanilla version. Hmm DLCs can be played in any order like I'll play Witch Hunt and Leliana's Song's before Awakening Expansion to get the knowledge about my previous companions.

rchi84

In the zone
Awesome game. The game I lost countless hours on, apart from Oblivion. Helped me out during a tough time when I lost my job and had to wait till my next one.

I loved the fact that combat was no longer mindless button mashing, and you had to plan your assault and monitor your party's levels all the time.
The expansions weren't all that great. DA2 was such a disappointment on all levels, esp with the button mashing combat *sigh*.

Tip to anyone who plays as a mage. Don't try to spread your talent points like you do in oblivion. You need to focus on three spells and max them out and then try to spread them around for the rest. You really need powerful blasts to take out enemies in the final third part of the game.

gameranand

Living to Play
LOL Leliana's Captive song does wonders in game. Whenever I encounter many warrious coming to me I just activate and put my warriors in that area to protect her and voila they come and die.

soumo27

hhm I just got recruited into the Grey Warden by drinking blood of the Darkspawn. :p
Met Morrigan..... ;)

and now off to my first quest after being officially proclaimed as the Warden

Anyway Loving the game.....and its addictive....:D

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Did ya purchased backpack from the quartermaster in Ostagar ???
If no then play from where you came at Ostagar and then Buy one from Quartermaster and go to wilds for quests and then when you come back after getting the blood of darkspawn buy a backpack again from quartermaster before talking to Dunkan. Do this you won't regret.

Lord073

Journeyman
Now in Orzammar...Can't decide which faction to support, Harrowmont or Bhelen?? Any advice on this guys???...and I don't mind a few spoilers :mrgreen:

soumo27

^^ Did ya purchased backpack from the quartermaster in Ostagar ???
If no then play from where you came at Ostagar and then Buy one from Quartermaster and go to wilds for quests and then when you come back after getting the blood of darkspawn buy a backpack again from quartermaster before talking to Dunkan. Do this you won't regret.

No I visited the quartermaster, but didnt get any backpacks... Whats the specialty of it? Please tell coz I did an overwrite of the save games... No chance to go back now!! :(
And already talked to Duncan and he ordered me to capture some tower where there is possibility of getting some arch rival or something! :???:

gameranand

Living to Play
Lord073 said:
Now in Orzammar...Can't decide which faction to support, Harrowmont or Bhelen?? Any advice on this guys???...and I don't mind a few spoilers
Doesn't really matter because both are somewhat corrupt but if you support Harrowment then you have chance to get more experience points as you'll go to proving grounds to fight. After that the quest of both people become same.

soumo27 said:
No I visited the quartermaster, but didnt get any backpacks... Whats the specialty of it? Please tell coz I did an overwrite of the save games... No chance to go back now!!
And already talked to Duncan and he ordered me to capture some tower where there is possibility of getting some arch rival or something!
It increases your carrying capacity and there are very limited no. of backpacks in the whole game. I have capacity of about 125 so I don't have to visit capt in between mission to empty it as I am a collector but in my first playthrough I had to visit my camp at least once to empty and then I had to come back again. Also please note that this quartermaster will sell backpack for just 57 silvers while others in the game will sell for like 6 or 7 gold. I guess you get the idea why I particularly advised you this. :)

masterkd

Padawan
@soumo27, backpacks are must, buy them the moment you see them..IIRC there are 4-5 backpacks in the whole game!!

gameranand

Living to Play
masterkd said:
@soumo27, backpacks are must, buy them the moment you see them..IIRC there are 4-5 backpacks in the whole game!!
Yeah I have purchased about 6 backpacks in the game till now. 2 from Ostagar quartermaster, 2 from Bonan, 1 from circle tower, 1 from Denerim

gameranand

Living to Play
masterkd said:
I think you mean Bodhan, Sandal's father, in the camp.
Yeah him. Didn't remembered his name at the time of post. :D:D

Anyways finally completed the game with about 70 Hours gameplay. I have only completed the vanilla version and some DLCs like Return to Ostagar, The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep. I guess I'll play Witch Hunt and Leliana's Song before Awakening because memories of these two characters are fresh in my mind and I don't want to spoil that and play these when I forgot them after Awakening. I completed at 23 level or 24 I guess. Actually I was at 23+3/4 when I was to going to battle Archdemon. So If I got that mush experience in one go then I am at level 24 or at 23. :D:D:D

soumo27

How to beat that Ogre in the tower.... It's soo fat and big with tons of health?

I tried 20 tyms or more... cant beat it.... :(

gameranand

Living to Play
soumo27 said:
How to beat that Ogre in the tower.... It's soo fat and big with tons of health?

I tried 20 tyms or more... cant beat it....
Try to stun him and keep your mage at a distance. Try to backstap him if you are a rouge also whenever he charges at you get out of the way. These are tricks and you have to execute them nicely to kill that beast. Well he ain't that hard later bosses are harder than him. LOL later you'll face like 2-3 ogre at one time. :)):))

Top Bottom