Dragon Age: Origins

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dragon Age™ is a blockbuster fantasy role-playing game set in a world created and owned by BioWare. Dragon Age will offer a deep, party-based, roleplaying experience in both single-player and multi-player game modes. Utilizing a brand new game engine, Dragon Age will feature stunning visuals with a tantalizing blend of the exploration and combat of Baldur's Gate™, the multi-player gameplay and community support of Neverwinter Nights™, and a cinematic gameplay experience from BioWare, the developer of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic™. Explore vast landscapes, engage in massive battles, and experience the sights, sounds, and culture of the heroic new world of Dragon Age.

* Cinematic story-driven single-player campaign

* Separate campaign designed specifically for a multi-player experience

* Mod tools for great custom content

* Set in a new fantasy world created by BioWare for fans of its past titles

* Participate in massive battles

* Party-based gameplay for outstanding tactical combat and immersive
character interaction.

Source
Official Website

This game has these Addons/DLC/Expansion packs :

Return to Ostagar
Awakening
Darkspawn Chronicles
Leliana’s Song
Golems of Amgarrak
Witch Hunt

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Already completed the original game as a female human rougue (Miss Cousland).
Experienced all the beginning stories.
Then started again as a male elf mage after adding all the DLCs & expansions. Out of touch for a long time to put together my new rig :-D. Now its time to complete (in style).
All in all, its just AWESOME. One of my favourite RPG along with the Mass Effect trilogy. Dying to get the DA part II.

Krow

Crowman
Another DA:O fan here. I played as Elf rogue. In the original campaign, I never found Leliana. Need to do play again. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon. :(

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Great thing about Liliana is.. Even if you cheat on her, she will take it easy. You can get away from fighting just by apologizing or throwing the blame on others(Morrigan)

In my first playthough I was just into morrigan. If for a change i cheated on her.. and this b!tch almost cut my balls off. Good thing that i saved the game before proceeding with Liliana. But in second playthough, I tried with Liliana.. and cheated on her with morrigan. She found it eventually, but i got away with an apology. From that time, in that playthough.. there will be always a words exchange between Liliana and Morrigan when they are in one party.

Ah...good old memories. :p

Piyush

Lanaya
so which one of these both is more better in terms of all these terms:

gameplay
mojo
gfx
voice acting/screenplay
control/cameras(since it is a vital part in a rpg game)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I only played NN2 for a while. But, from what I had experienced. Dragon Age easily surpasses NN2 in each and every department.

Krow

Crowman
I love the mages. The combo spells are so awesome. Especially the combo of Blizzard + Top level fire+top level lightning spells.

gameranand

Living to Play
Ah finally found this old thread. :)
Completed the whole game. Now going to start the game again with a warrior human who will specialize in two handed weapon.
Actually I got NVN 2 but it lags a lot and I plyed it for 1 hour but didn't got the fun that I wanted to going to play this gem again. :))

@ Topgear
You missed some DLCs
The Stone Prisoner
Warden's Keep

Piyush

Lanaya
am going to play this game

but i'm kinda confused
which race should i go for?
which unit i should go for?
i was thinking of human rogue...any tips?

gameranand

Living to Play
Piyush said:
but i'm kinda confused
which race should i go for?
which unit i should go for?
i was thinking of human rogue...any tips?
If you are first timer then Warrior class would be best because it has lesser hassles than other classes. Playing with rouge is kinda tricky as you have to be behind the opponent for maximum damage or you can be archer but still rouge would be confusing for you for the first time. I would suggest to go with Human Warrior and take specialization as per your choice like Weapon and Shield, Two handed weapon or duel wielding. I have played with duel wielding once and it was fun but now I am going for two handed weapon for maximum damage. :p :cool:

Piyush

Lanaya
major fight is about to begin
now i'm thinking rogues are a lil difficult to train and master
should have gone for mage/warrior

I felt the same with Warrior after a few levels. Its the same with every race, unless you master it.

PS: Or change the difficulty to easy.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Get mage (along with elf for better beginning stats of +2Wlp +2Mgc) if you want a great deal of variety in your play-style. There's loads of talents, combos n specialization to choose from each giving unique gameplay style. A damage dealing mage is my favourite class (even in DAII).
A duelist rougue is another great choice to play, but needs skill and patience (it was the choice in my first playthrough :grin:).
If you go for warrior class, choose to be a damage dealer one, since tanks are better left on auto tactics.

Well these are my point of view... but I can give you one advice: Do play all the origin stories... they are great by themselves and by experimenting different classes and backgrounds u'll know for yourself which one to pursue.

gameranand

Living to Play
Piyush said:
you mean i have to play this mammoth game 3 times!!!
TBH bro this game really deserves that. I am playing it second time and there are chances that I'll play it again means third time. :p

Hey Piyush forgot it. Have you bought Backpack from quartermaster from Ostagar???? You backpacks are very limited in this game and this is one of them and quite cheap only 57 silver coins. Be sure to buy it before triggering the mission of lighthouse. :)

Top Bottom