DOTA - Warcraft 3: Frozen throne expansion map by Icefrog

Sarath

iDota
DoTA stands for Defense of the ancients its an online RPG with two teams playing against each others. Each team has 5 players. Here's a link to the screen shot as the file is too large for uploading
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/00/Dota_allstars_game.jpg

I dont want to go into the details but its surprising to see very few (no one) who plays DoTA here. If there is anyone there you can post your garena IDs or just talk about the latest map developments.

Game needed: Warcraft 3: Frozen throne

Custom maps: Developed by icefrog or simply called DOTA maps or DOTA

Latest maps can be downloaded here:
Official DotA Website

You need a copy of Warcraft 3:Frozen throne installed in your PC to play the game. Then you need to get the latest map from the above link and copy it to the custom games folder.

This game was shown in the demo video of Razer Switchblade (prototype)

DOTA warriors (players) on TDF:

[GS]0ArXEX7L5lfx1dDFrTE84QjdvUmIzS0xvSWFsWlU2cWc[/GS]

soloing

Right off the assembly line
Re: DoTA custom map for Warcraft 3: Frozen throne

Thanks so much for posting this, I also like other games ,such as Marvel: Avengers Alliance, Dragon Born, Pirate Storm and Gangs of Boomtown

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Its a little old topic I think. Dota's been around for years. But, I think we do need a dedicated Dota thread.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I am still a noob, but I enjoy dota a lot. I like playing agility heroes mainly. My favourite are Mage, Juggernaut and BS among others. What are your favorite heroes?

PS: I think the thread ought to be renamed simply as "The DotA Thread".

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Well, you guys can try Heroes of Newerth (it's free) or League of Legends (also free). I personally prefer LoL to HoN , it's much easier to get into and more forgiving if you make mistakes. Community is also much much much friendlier towards newbies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

^^ I think the same is for Dota. It is not too hard, but you need to know all the skills and item recipes (at least the ones you need to use).

Not played HoN or LoL though.

aniket.cain

Padawan

I have played a lot of DotA when I was in college. Have no one to play with these days. Tried Garena for sometime, but it doesn't satisfy as much as a 5v5 LAN game in the hostel. ;)
However, this is one LAN game I enjoyed the most. More than CS, I'll say.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Its more intelligent than CS. On the contrary, I used to play CS when I was in college. Got into Dota when I was in final year.

And, of course, playing with your own peers is better than playing on Garena. No coordination.

PS: Waiting for dota2 invite. Not received yet. :(

aniket.cain

Padawan

^^ Right. CS was fun for the 1st whole year. In 2nd year I shifted to DotA, and never looked back.

I too filled the form for Dota2 Beta. Never received any keys. Seems I shouldn't have been that honest while filling up the signup form. ;)

Btw, my garena id is 'hitnameever'. Playing on Garena is frustrating. People frequently get disconnected, or leave the game. You take your time to properly build your hero, and when the time comes to shine, people start quitting the game. So I stopped playing on Garena.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

^^ Right. CS was fun for the 1st whole year. In 2nd year I shifted to DotA, and never looked back.

I too filled the form for Dota2 Beta. Never received any keys. Seems I shouldn't have been that honest while filling up the signup form. ;)

Btw, my garena id is 'hitnameever'. Playing on Garena is frustrating. People frequently get disconnected, or leave the game. You take your time to properly build your hero, and when the time comes to shine, people start quitting the game. So I stopped playing on Garena.

Same ;)

I was too honest when I filled the form too. And, I agree, playing on Garena is not so smooth. But, for me it is better than nothing.

Please add me: Death_Metal27

I am at work, so I cannot add you all now.

BTW, what are your favourite heroes?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

^I was so blind in love of CS that never cared to learn how is it played. :|

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

I think we can youbusse this thread to discuss fav hero and tricks....
My fav is pheonix and m a noob....

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

When I started out, i started with Sniper, then Trax. Only used ranged heroes. Now I try melee agility heroes.

Never played Phoenix though.

neo_natasha

Broken In

I quit dota 3 times. The last one lasted 4 months. Back to Dota since sunday.
Garena ID: sycorax666 - Level 29

If there are 5 people let me know we could form a clan or something.

patrick4

Chief

i am kinda semi pro in dota.. been playing right from the begening version 6.2x or so. Been part of many clan games all over india but never anything substantial (mostly exit during the leauge stages itself)..

I stopped playing mainly due to the large number of immature players and kids on garena india rooms.. but once in a while i kick back a few beers and play with my buddies on lan..

PS: if any serious folks playing dota in bangalore, then lemme know.. i can get my buddies and we can play 5v5

nims11

BIOS Terminator

i have started playing DOTA about a month ago and am totally loving it. I prefer ganking melee heroes like sand king and spiritbreaker.

yup, we need a DoTA thread.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I say rename this thread to "The Dota Thread".

Can anyone suggest good inventory for Axe and why.

Top Bottom