DOTA - Warcraft 3: Frozen throne expansion map by Icefrog

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
re: DoTA - (Icefrog | Warcraft 3: Frozen throne expansion)

^^ Better than HoN but not like LoL. Work in progress, it will improve

Tachyon1986

In the zone

^^ Better than HoN but not like LoL. Work in progress, it will improve

Better than HoN ? So I assume there is still a small amount of warping , oh well..as long as it's manageable. Thanks for the info.

patrick4

Chief

advice guys:
i prefer offensive ganking/tank heroes like sand king and the spiritbreaker. Which other heroes should i try?

ganking/ tank hero are the ones who initiates battle during a 5v5 fight.. earthshaker, centaur, tidehunter, magnataur, treant are all good hero.

blink in and nuke :twisted:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE

@ico How the hell u got dota 2 beta. :( i didnt get. Wat was ur tactics? :p Please let me know if i can get an invite. i will kill for it. :p

Regarding my fav hero: Its the awesome Storm. He can r*pe any hero in game. I love playing him. getting kils early levels is too easy. and late game i he a very good carry. Most players rate him the best Dota hero. :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I filled out the stupid Dota2 survey more than 2 months ago. Still did not receive invite :mad:

doomgiver

Warframe

When I started out, i started with Sniper, then Trax. Only used ranged heroes. Now I try melee agility heroes.
Never played Phoenix though.
me too :)

I say rename this thread to "The Dota Thread".

Can anyone suggest good inventory for Axe and why.
When I used to play (which was like, 3 yrs ago), the usual inventory for Axe used to be Vanguard, BoT, HoD, HoT, Blademail and Blink Dagger. You could get a Radiance or Assault too if you are farming well enough (and which is not much of a problem with Axe). There is no point getting damage dealing items for Axe as his Counter Helix does the job, and his attack speed is too slow. He should be made the tank of the team. Blink in, put Berserker's Call, and watch your team-mates shred the enemies to pieces. :D

However, this is an old build, and there must be better items and better builds available for him now.
Axe:
Phase boots
A Vanguard or two
Blink dagger
Blade mail
HoT / Assault

If there are too many INT heroes then make HoD after Vanguard :)

He is just a tank, in both early and late game, so just concentrate on defense.
starting of game : (unlock the helix first)get poor man's shield and healing potions.
ask a nuke/stunner to come wiht you.
grab a weak hero(MAKE SURE THERE ARE ONLY MELEE CREEPS NEARBY) and start whacking like crazy.
the creeps will attack you, and the weak hero will attack too(prolly, seeing as you are getting attacked)
holefully, your counter helix will activate a few times(dont be scared if you lose over 80% of health, axe is a monster) and get all their health down.
ask your guy to nuke/stun and finish off.

next, get another poor man and keep doing this(or a vanguard, if you are feeling tough :) )
HoD is useless on axe, imo
get radiance and shiva's guard next (when you get shiva's spam your first armor ability everywhere)

after that, get an item according to your role.
tank : armor/health
carry : high damage ones (almost never carry, as you are best at crowd control)
pusher : AoE something, or wwhich allows you to kill lots of creeps quickly

I hear Dragon Knight tanks pretty well too.
that damn hero is nigh unkillable with the right items :(

ganking/ tank hero are the ones who initiates battle during a 5v5 fight.. earthshaker, centaur, tidehunter, magnataur, treant are all good hero.

blink in and nuke :twisted:
magnataur got screwed (imo)

fun2sh

I filled out the stupid Dota2 survey more than 2 months ago. Still did not receive invite :mad:
I filled it the moment it was issued. still didnt get. I think they check ur Steam activity. As i hav never played any games on steam, so i think i didnt get a beta request.

I only joined steam for DOTA 2. :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I used to play TF2 a lot. Still do.

Also, tell me one thing, the Quelling blade non-hero damage apply to Axe's Counter Helix?

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota

ICO: How did you get a beta key? :|

Damn still playing on garena with leavers and laggers who down the whole game. zzz!

RaMpAgEr^GodZ

Broken In

I got dota 2 beta key just after the International tourney.
The game is Just lIke Hon Or u can say better Than Hon But Dota Will surVive Any day against It.
ITs Like Dota>Dota2>HOn>Lol.
Better Prepare of the Delhi Tourney If u guys R comming any Way No Indian team will WIn as they R inviting International teams ALso :) Best Of Luck.

Last edited:

fun2sh

ICO: How did you get a beta key? :|

Damn still playing on garena with leavers and laggers who down the whole game. zzz!

some times it make me think to suicide cause of that

Sarath wats ur garena ID?

neo_natasha

Broken In

Getting a Dota 2 key is like getting a golden egg. Heck they chose randomly. I've submitted from 3 different ID's and still waiting for an invite :p

There are bazzillion strategy websites for dota. Why dont you guys tell how you started off dota and with which hero and how it went about.

I was introduced to dota by a fellow member in chip forums. I started off with Lich and Luna. I couldnt tank properly so never took STR.

Later on I mastered
Seeker
Lich
Enchantress
Bala
Riki
Bara
Huskar
Lanaya
Naix
Abba
Atropos
Pit lord
luna
troll
mort

Thats all I can remember now. The one hero I have never played is Pudge. For some reason I am not able to hook properly or use miranas arrow properly. Read lots of tutorials no use.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Guys please tell...for axe:
Quelling blade+Counter Helix
Does it work?
Posted via Mobile Device

WTF...I am not posting from a goddamned mobile device.
Posted via Mobile Device

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

I'm a DoTA noob btw.

There should be a "Discuss DoTA 2" group on Steam. Find it and join that group. Hang out in the chat for a while, be polite and some good soul will give you an invite.

My friend did that. Got an invite for himself, then one more and idiot gave to me, someone who doesn't even play DoTA anymore. :mrgreen:

aniket.cain

Padawan

I'm a DoTA noob btw.

There should be a "Discuss DoTA 2" group on Steam. Find it and join that group. Hang out in the chat for a while, be polite and some good soul will give you an invite.

My friend did that. Got an invite for himself, then one more and idiot gave to me, someone who doesn't even play DoTA anymore. :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for the info. Will try my luck tonight. :D

fun2sh

me too will try ma luck there

Thanks a lot for the info. Will try my luck tonight. :D

'Lol'
Y dont try Rgc But u Need Good Experience 2 play Ther :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

ya u know i really forgot abt RGC. i made ma account wen RGC was very new and there were very very less players. after that i never went there. will see tonight wat kind of players it has.

RaMpAgEr^GodZ

Broken In

I started dota with sniper N sucked ultra hard in the game. But i started owning games with the hero "troll warlord" (old troll with 30sec rampage N miss skill) which was nurfed in new map by icefrog any way now my fav hero is anti-mage, juggernaught.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I started dota with sniper N sucked ultra hard in the game. But i started owning games with the hero "troll warlord" (old troll with 30sec rampage N miss skill) which was nurfed in new map by icefrog any way now my fav hero is anti-mage, juggernaught.

Same :thumbs:

With anti-mage, all enemy intell heroes will run to their momies. Juggernaut is one of the best carry heroes I know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom